Axon 7 - No Service Notification Sound GO AWAY!

jcadduonojcadduono Thunder Bay, ONPosts: 24 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 14, 2017 9:46AM in Axon

I'm not sure this existed before B32 update but it definitely does now.

I'm getting a very loud notification sound every darn 3 minutes and it's driving me insane! lol

I can't for the life of me figure out where to turn it off, it took me forever to realize it was even because of my low signal because there's not even a notification, just a sound like I got a notification!

I live in a 1-bar service area and there's nothing I can really do about that besides invest $500 in an amplifier, but even then it still annoys me while driving down the road.

*Title Edited by musicdjm to add device

Comments

• jcadduonojcadduono Thunder Bay, ONPosts: 24 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2017 2:55AM

@jimlloyd40 said:

@jcadduono said:
    I'm not sure this existed before B32 update but it definitely does now.

I'm getting a very loud notification sound every darn 3 minutes and it's driving me insane! lol

I can't for the life of me figure out where to turn it off, it took me forever to realize it was even because of my low signal because there's not even a notification, just a sound like I got a notification!

I live in a 1-bar service area and there's nothing I can really do about that besides invest $500 in an amplifier, but even then it still annoys me while driving down the road.

I can't find anything in the settings that would cause a notification sound for not having a signal. Are you using any notification type app from the Play Store that would cause a sound when you have no service? For instance I use an app called Dynamic Notifications that notifies me if I lose the signal.
    Also you said that you only have one bar where you live. What carrier are you with? If it's T-Mobile you can solve that problem for $25 and it's refundable if you're not satisfied. Please let me know. Thanks.

Nope no apps related to notifications. Just Snapchat, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, USB Audio Player Pro, foobar2000 Controller Pro, BubbleUPnP, FX File Manager, IRC for Android, JuiceSSH, MX Player Pro, and Twitter on top of the stock apps. I don't customize much if anything outside what is available already in ZTE's visible setting menus.

I'm with Tbaytel / Rogers. (Canada)
    I'm just off the Trans Canada highway in the middle of nowhere of NW Ontario with no civilization for an hour or so.
    Good 'ol 0.4 mbit HSPA keeps me going in these troubling times.

Maybe Hiya? I can't find any options in there though, it's probably the most annoying app I have but at least it hangs up on telemarketers (70% of my incoming calls lol)

I can consistently reproduce the notification noise by putting my Axon 7 inside my computer chassis. (lol not sure if sound dampening material or severe EMI)

I think I figured it out...sort of. Every time my service provider sends a voicemail status update it notifies, (they seem to do this a lot more than necessary?) which also happens every time you connect to the network. Need to silence voicemail notifications or keep voicemail empty all the time.
    Unfortunately I have a business number redirected to mine and it gets 3 or so spam calls every day so the spammers leave voicemail like crazy. Arghhh lol. Found a silence option on voicemail notification by swiping and pressing an X thing, seems to be doing the trick for now, but I cleared my voicemail so not sure.

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 798 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is Hiya not identifying these spam calls? If not, I would notify them they are spam so they get blocked. That should help some.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United States Posts: 3,124 mod

@stevec5375 said:
    Is Hiya not identifying these spam calls? If not, I would notify them they are spam so they get blocked. That should help some.

It would depend how the call forwarding is set up, if its set to show the originating number that would work but if its set to show up as the forwarding number than it would only see the number the spammer called. With Google voice you can set it to either option so hopefully his service does the same

Confirming that I haven't had to deal with this anymore ever since holding thumb down on notification for voicemail and setting it to display notifications silently. Considering my carrier sends a text every time I have a legitimate voicemail, there's really no reason to have this make a notification sound every time the server sends a voicemail status update.

• Br1ckhouseBr1ckhouse United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

I'm glad you put so much detail into where you live and the issue you've been having. Now I can drive up there and give you a big long hug for fixing this nuisance after 2 years of just dealing.

Thanks pardner.