Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

How often do you use dynamic images on Social Media?

yindanyindan Posts: 58 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 11, 2017 7:48PM in Consumer Lab

Consumer Lab would like to learn about how often you use dynamic images on social media?

Which format (Livephoto, Gif, Fyuse, etc.) do you usually use?

Please
1) Select one of the options below according to your usage of dynamic images.
2) Reply with the format and scenarios you usually use.

There are no right or wrong answers in this survey, please feel free to share your thoughts with us.

How often do you use dynamic images on Social Media? 37 votes

Everyday
18%
coldheat06razor512keithisreal2013TEXASMADE197814blank40foxtrotdragonPe97 7 votes
Twice a week
18%
DoppelgangerDhollapromeojasonscartertrotterkariberidjb84 7 votes
Once a week
5%
cavanaughtimwestside80 2 votes
Once two weeks
2%
uxx4 1 vote
Once a month
2%
freeza 1 vote
Seldom
29%
frodriguez2010maulgandhiaustin45samsamhachuckbortruntohell121louisdrasalonbjhiltbrand[Deleted User]vrmcbeigh 11 votes
Never
21%
jasonednewman007jimlloyd40tfrank85saeedtedministerofdoomjohnny3ddbradleybrenta@gmail.com 8 votes

Comments

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Seldom

Rarely... When I first got a phone with live photos, I kept it on to just "use" the feature since it's on the phone. But to be honest, after the capture of the "moment", I rarely go back to view the "live" moment of the image, more likely just scrolling through the photos to view it. I do see some kind of gif/short video of people posting on Instagram and Snapchat, nice to watch, but I personally just don't use it.

• austin45austin45 United StatesPosts: 192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seldom

Very rarely. I usually never pot dynamic images. The only time I use them is when I send a GIF via a text message (mms)

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Twice a week

I send GIFs maybe once or twice a week but that's it. Usually on Facebook or SMS. But if I look at the use of my kids phones, they use it every day. So I think this question may very well depend on the age of the audience.

• chuckbortchuckbort Chuck United StatesPosts: 586 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2017 11:35AM
    Seldom

I chose seldom because I think I used it once. So I would have been lying if I said never!

• vrmcbeighvrmcbeigh Dallas, TXPosts: 19 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seldom

When I had my iPhone, I turned off the live photo feature as it annoyed me. I use GIFs on a regular basis during chats with friends, but I seldom post them on social media.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyday

I use it all the time.... probably cause I send about 5000++ text messages a month.

Am I a text-a-holic????

• foxtrotdragonfoxtrotdragon CanadaPosts: 19 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyday

i do a lot with gifs

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,072 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Never

I played with the live photo feature on Samsung phones and the Axon 7 but really I just tried it for the novelty. I rarely ever shared them or found an excuse to use it over a still photo.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Seldom

I usually do jpegs and only capture photos. once in a while i do video. haven't done a live photo in a while. to be totally honest I forget to toggle the live feature. also things happen so quickly that just adds another thing to do before capturing a memory and if you take too long you may miss it.

• cavanaughtimcavanaughtim Wisconsin, USAPosts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a week

I never make my own dynamic images, but I will send an animated GIF in a text or a facebook comment every once in a while. Usually a meme of some kind.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Never

I will use GIF on Facebook once in a great while.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,826 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Twice a week

I do it a few times a week, mostly with group interactions with friends or on Twitter.

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyday

@coldheat06 said:
    I use it all the time.... probably cause I send about 5000++ text messages a month.

Am I a text-a-holic????

Same here....

The 1st step is admitting that you/I have a problem. ;)

• maulgandhimaulgandhi United StatesPosts: 519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seldom

I dont use dynamic images. If i take a live pic (motion Stills), it is certainly for me only. I don't share any of it on social media. I rarely use any social media.

This discussion has been closed.