Where is Axon 8 ?!

Hi
Almost all Axon 7 users are satisfied from their own device Axon 7 abd the most happy customers around the world including me
From my view , I can tell there is three main reason for this satisfaction :
1- Audio , Audio , Audio ( dolby atmos and front facing speakers ) ????
2- Price
3- Design

But ..
This is 2016 device
Quastion is :
Where is 2017 device Axon 8 ???!!!

I think it is diappointment that after we had wait so long >> No Axon 8 !!
Now we are at the last 3 months of 2017
Are we gonna wait more longer for axon 8 ?!
What do you think guys , agree with me ?
Thanks
And sorry for my English

Comments

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would say that since ZTE is not teasing anything, that a model to replace the Axon 7 isn't likely to happen too soon.
    Quite honestly, since you say most Axon 7 users are happy, why replace it so soon.
    I too like to see new devices and would also love a new flagship from ZTE.
    Hopefully when they finally do, it will be worth the wait.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with you @[email protected]. Not necessarily with everybody being happy but with a follow up to the Axon 7. But there are RUMORS that ZTE saw what Samsung and LG did with the reduced bezels and went back to the drawing board to redesign the Axon 8, or whatever it will be called. I've read stories that say that the next Axon will have the reduced bezels while maintaining the dual speakers. Please keep in mind that these are just rumors. ZTE has been amazingly quiet about the replacement and if they would have just announced something they might have prevented people from moving to other flagship phones because they were tired of waiting. I'm in that boat.

I dont think thats the case at all, the screen could be easily swapped out if that was the case with minimal work required to change it, the Mi Mix 2 and some of these "bezelless" phones has only 10% more body to screen ratio and the Axon 7 has so the change wouldnt be that massive. Also since ZTE released more than a dozen devices this year almost all of which had little to no info leaked so they are really good about keeping things under wraps until closer to ready time.

• busymanbusyman CanadaPosts: 401 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

IMO, it wouldn't sell well in 2017. The competition was far too competitive this year, and even new players came in the flagship space (Nokia 8 & Essential PH-1). Not to mention sales of the OP5 are probably a lot lower than the OP3 around the same time, which wouldn't do them any favors either.

Probably the largest factor though, is that they want to demonstrate they can support their devices in a timely manner. We got 7.1.1 before a lot of other devices, and rumor has it (someone in the beta leaked this) that they're working on Oreo for the Axon 7. If they deliver, I think people would seriously consider the successor because they can trust it'll be supported for at least 2 OS updates.

• kmb877kmb877 Posts: 164 ✭✭✭✭✭

What do yo mean "where is Axon 8"?! It is here!

• M25201M25201 Cincinnati, OHPosts: 8 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm very satisfied with my axon. If they released another one now I'd most likely buy it and give this one to my brother or sell it. If they give at least $200 to upgrade to the new axon. Definitely will lol. Bit, since I heard nothing from them..... I'll just wait

• mousemouse Posts: 85 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2017 4:41PM

Word on the street is that Samsung got a huge order for OLED panels from Apple which has really stretched their manufacturing capacity. To meet the deadline most other manufacturers have to just wait until things get back to normal. The iPhone X is sorta a big deal and Samsung must protect it's reputation. After the Note 7 debacle, they cannot afford being blamed for bad panels. Yes, the iPhone X ($999.00) would not be possible without good ole Samsung. That made me chuckle just a bit.. :D
    I personally don't like the 'notch' in the iPhone panel, I prefer the S8 design. But some people think it is top notch. Others have said that the design is a notch above the rest....
    Anyhooo, I hope that ZTE does not go this route with the new panel for the Axon. We all know that Samsung made the current OLED panels for the Axon 7, so unless ZTE decided to switch to LG, then they just have to wait in line.

• ryampolskyryampolsky United StatesPosts: 231 ✭✭✭✭✭

http://phandroid.com/2017/09/27/zte-axon-multy-leak/

Has this rumor of an Oct 17 Axon Multy event. If that's true, it's hard to imagine them not having to field questions about an Axon 8 at that time...

The device has been rumored for a while now as the ZTE Axon Multy, but this latest report suggests that it could launch as the Axon M. The device appears to feature two Full HD displays that fold out into a 6.8″ display that features a 19,20 x 2,160 resolution. ZTE plans to debut the new phone on October 17th at an event in New York City.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is still a CES 2018/MWC 2018 announcement for Axon 8

• ryampolskyryampolsky United StatesPosts: 231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jasonscarter said:
    My guess is still a CES 2018/MWC 2018 announcement for Axon 8

Maybe. But if there's going to be an Axon 8 at all, it doesn't make much sense to have stopped producing Axon 7's so far in advance of it. The brand will have lost all of its buzz by then. As it is, most of the complaints about the A7's software have been addressed. If nothing else, a refresh with a minor spec bump and better radio reception would get it reviewed again, and this time with fewer reservations...

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,794 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It must be a great device..... cause it is taking a while to come out.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,362 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Axon 7 is still a great device in today's market and for its price, I think it is hard to beat for what it has to offer. It offers great audio and build quality. Software-wise, the last few updates have improved quite a lot and ZTE is continue listening to the customer and making improvements. I think because we love it so much, we all are quite anticipating on the next flagship. Come to think of it, if Axon 8 does come in 2018, it actually is not too bad because 2017 is Axon 7, 2018 and Axon 8, it kind of make it easier to keep track of the model based on the year number:).

We just have to be a bit patience and see what great device is coming to us from ZTE.