Exist patch for blueBorn on ZTE Blade V6

Somebody can help me to know any solution for malware blueBorn on ZTE Blade V6.

Thank you.

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@alonsogja said:

Thank you.

The only solution is for your phone to get the September 2017 security update. Due to the fact that that phone came out over 2 years ago it's not likely to receive that security patch. Go to "about phone" in the settings and check what the date is on the current security patch for your phone @alonsogja.

• Thank You @jimlloyd40 , I think that my phone is abandoned.

@alonsogja said:
    Thank You @jimlloyd40 , I think that my phone is abandoned.

Unfortunately you're probably correct.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD USA Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@alonsogja said:

Thank you.

Your device was released almost 2.5 years ago, so it is doubtful that it will receive any further updates.
    It is highly unlikely that any single device would be affected by Blueborn in the short term.
    For anyone who is worried about that issue, and hasn't received an update to their device to patch it,
    the only advice to offer is to just keep Bluetooth turned off in your phone while not using Bluetooth.

• alonsogjaalonsogja Posts: 4 ✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2017 7:48PM

Thank you for your answer @DoppelgangerD, for the moment I think that is the best action to protect me from the Blueborn. I will try install a "Custom Rom" for the ZTE blade V6 (I will use marshmallow), maybe my phone survive almost one year, I don't know but i will try do it along this week. If there is luck I will tell you.

• alonsogjaalonsogja Posts: 4 ✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2017 6:25PM

Well, I've been tried install a custom rom with android Nougat and Android Marshmallow and the result is negative. The solution for me was a install a firewall for Bluetooth.

@alonsogja said:
    Well, I've been tried install a custom rom with android Nougat and Android Marshmallow and the result is negative. The solution for me was a install a firewall for Bluetooth.

What is the firewall @alonsogja?

• How to update zte blade v6?
    Pls Help mee

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New York Posts: 3,131 admin

This device is not supported in the US.

Please reach out to ztedevice.com for additional support.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.