ZMAX Pro (981) - August Security Patch

sshasansshasan Staff MemberUnited States Posts: 3,920 admin

ZMAX Pro (981) receives August 1st Security Patch

This brings the Metro PCS variant up to Build 21 and the T-Mobile variant up to Build 14

This 20MB download should only take a few minutes to download and install (app optimization times may vary)

Comments

• snn5snn5 Southeast USPosts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Security patch. That is all. Thank you.

• jimmyjimmy Posts: 169 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well my charging is messed up now

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,920 admin

@jimmy said:

What's the issue?

• coldheat06coldheat06 United States Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, received the update

• Mlk50Mlk50 Cleveland ohioPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭✭

@snn5 said:

What is that

edited August 20, 2017 9:58PM

@Mlk50 Are you asking me what a security patch is?

• razor512razor512 United States Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Mlk50 said:

@snn5 said:

What is that

For more details on android security patches, this should provide good info on what is changed/ fixed. https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2017-08-01

• mrwilliemrwillie San Mateo countyPosts: 3 ✭✭

How/where do I get this Aug patch?

• Kash786Kash786 Posts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

since the day i got the patch my mic has been messed up on regular voice calls. It seems to be the noise cancellation. i have been using a headset during calls without it the only sounds that gets through is if i tap on the bottom mic. i have tried factory reset, erasing phone data, safe mode, restrating, tapping mic on off, tapping speaker on off, soundabout app to see if i can override mic settings, i can get to build prop to change the value but obviusly cannt save the changes because phone is not rooted. is there anything ur dev team do to solve my issue. is there anyone else having the same issue? i researched online and saw people had similar issues i tried all the fixes that were suggested for them but none worked. Mic works fine during sound recording app or when making videos. Any Ideas?

• gonickgonick Posts: 2 ✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2017 12:30AM

@sshasan said:

@jimmy said:

What's the issue?

My phone being plugged into another family members AC charger that has quick charge 2.0/3.0 capabilities now charges with USB half speed like 1 amp : )

The phone now says please use factory charger. The car quick charger thankfully still fast charges ; )

• gonickgonick Posts: 2 ✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2017 12:53AM

To ZTE corporation:
    By the way I don't know if it's my Walmart family mobile service or ZTE ZMAX pro but it's been disconnecting its mobile data NO LTE AND glitchy 4g AND glitchy 2g service so even no texting and talking twice a minute while using my phone every 20-30 seconds mobile data is disconnecting. Its becoming terrible of late and I see an x on the antenna bars for ten seconds. This was before the update too. Horrible. This is all around the city of Phoenix and it's outlying areas. My other family member has no LTE of late either but that phone had it (with LTE while mine was cycling signal/and no signal) (same service)and today it's gone I can't tell if it's shenanigans of the carrier or sim card problems or silly cellular data or voice chips malfunctioning inside my ZTE ZMAX pro phone.
    THANKS FOR READING THIS

Oh and I called my carrier (with another phone) and went through their instructions and it like fixed it so it acted great for the end of the conversation with tech support and a bit later the symptoms returned so in combination with two other phones with the same service and being in different parts of town with the other phones with the same service I think it's my phone : (

And this no 4g business first started when Tracfone took over managing the billing. The tech support first said it's not happening and another technician said many ARE calling about this so GO FIGURE...And a week later LTE came back.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,602 mod

@gonick Hello, and Welcome to Z-Community. Reading your comment, I am inclined to say carrier issue, but there may be a couple things that one of our CPAs can walk you through to troubleshoot. If interested, please start your own thread in the Zmax area, and feel free to mention me (@ followed directly by user name) to get my attention.

@gonick said:
    To ZTE corporation:
    By the way I don't know if it's my Walmart family mobile service or ZTE ZMAX pro but it's been disconnecting its mobile data NO LTE AND glitchy 4g AND glitchy 2g service so even no texting and talking twice a minute while using my phone every 20-30 seconds mobile data is disconnecting. Its becoming terrible of late and I see an x on the antenna bars for ten seconds. This was before the update too. Horrible. This is all around the city of Phoenix and it's outlying areas. My other family member has no LTE of late either but that phone had it (with LTE while mine was cycling signal/and no signal) (same service)and today it's gone I can't tell if it's shenanigans of the carrier or sim card problems or silly cellular data or voice chips malfunctioning inside my ZTE ZMAX pro phone.
    THANKS FOR READING THIS

Oh and I called my carrier (with another phone) and went through their instructions and it like fixed it so it acted great for the end of the conversation with tech support and a bit later the symptoms returned so in combination with two other phones with the same service and being in different parts of town with the other phones with the same service I think it's my phone : (

And this no 4g business first started when Tracfone took over managing the billing. The tech support first said it's not happening and another technician said many ARE calling about this so GO FIGURE...And a week later LTE came back.

I suspect the phone as the issue as well. I have 4 phones. I'm on T-Mobile. You and I use the same network essentially. Billing won't affect carrier connection. Our only difference is our plans. 3 of my phones are fine. My Zmax Pro has issues refreshing the signal between areas of good and no signal. This has yet to be addressed. So in short it's the phone not the carrier.

• Bladereap3rBladereap3r 94110Posts: 6 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the ZMAX Pro (981) - August Security Patch, received and installed with no issues. The body of my ZMAX Pro got goodly warmish during the update and cooled back to normal shortly after the reboot.

@Bladereap3r said:
    I got the ZMAX Pro (981) - August Security Patch, received and installed with no issues. The body of my ZMAX Pro got goodly warmish during the update and cooled back to normal shortly after the reboot.

Glad to hear that everything is working for you, let us know if you have any issues or questions.

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2017 11:38AM

Received security patch on 2 ZMax Pros and they are working just as good now as they were, except now they are a bit more secure. One of the best bang for your buck phones that you can buy..

@texasmade1 said:
    Received security patch on 2 ZMax Pros and they are working just as good now as they were, except now they are a bit more secure. One of the best bang for your buck phones that you can buy..

Yes it is!!!

• SpacyJoSpacyJo Posts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

Ever since I upgraded the security patch, none of my soft keys work. I have tried resetting my phone, clearing the cache. Nothing works! Any ideas?

@SpacyJo said:
    Ever since I upgraded the security patch, none of my soft keys work. I have tried resetting my phone, clearing the cache. Nothing works! Any ideas?

Do your soft keys light up?