Why is the camera's manual mode missing shutter speed setting?

KRJKRJ Posts: 13 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really liking my new Blade Zmax. Had the Zmax Pro and the Max XL on Boost Mobile. The two things that's missing is the slow motion mode from the Zmax Pro, and the shutter speed setting that lets you adjust the shutter up to a whopping 80 seconds for awesome night shots. Is there anyway ZTE can update the camera app and include these 2 missing features?

Best Answer

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,678 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

ZTE has been made aware of the missing shutter speed controls in manual mode, hopefully they can get an update out soon which can restore that function.

Answers

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,630 mod

@KRJ Good Evening. I don'tmess with my camera settings much beyond the snap button..lol Let's see if one of our CPAs @razor512 @coldheat06 can give you some answers, and possibly a few tips. Should you need anything else, please give me a shout :)

• KRJKRJ Posts: 13 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Zmax Pro and the Max XL both have the shutter speed settings. I'm guessing the Blade X Max on Cricket has it as well, but I don't have that device. The slow motion feature, I'm guessing, could be a CPU limitation since the Zmax Pro had a 600 series snapdragon, so that's understandable. Hopefully the app gets updated. I used the shutter speed setting a lot, especially for low-light and night shots. It's also useful for long exposure, light painting shots, too!

edited September 29, 2017 9:22PM

This test shot from my Zmax Pro when I still had it was taken by adjusting the shutter speed to 30 seconds and mounted on a tripod. The ISO was set to 100 to minimize any noise. A shot on auto wouldn't have gotten the bushes to show up, let alone the trees from across the street.

Here's another one with the same settings. In person, it was so dark I could barely even see the backboard. With the bump in megapixel from 13 to 16 on the Blade Zmax, I was really looking forward to taking some night time shots using the shutter speed setting.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,794 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2017 10:07PM

@KRJ said:
    Really liking my new Blade Zmax. Had the Zmax Pro and the Max XL on Boost Mobile. The two things that's missing is the slow motion mode from the Zmax Pro, and the shutter speed setting that lets you adjust the shutter up to a whopping 80 seconds for awesome night shots. Is there anyway ZTE can update the camera app and include these 2 missing features?

The Blade Z Max does have Shutter (ISO) speed but does not have slow motion (which I wish it did) but hopefully ZTE will add it in a future update.

To set the ISO Speed

1. Open the Camera App
    2. At the bottom right click on the ellipse
    3. Select Manual Mode
    4. On the top Left click on the "ISO" icon and choose the ISO setting that you like.

below are some screenshots:

edited September 29, 2017 10:05PM

The Blade Z Max does have Shutter (ISO) speed but does not have slow motion (which I wish it did) but hopefully ZTE will add it in a future update.

To set the ISO Speed

1. Open the Camera App
    2. At the bottom right click on the ellipse
    3. Select Manual Mode
    4. On the top Left click on the "ISO" icon and choose the ISO setting that you like.

No, the Blade Zmax doesn't have Shutter speed. ISO is different from Shutter speed.
    This is a screenshot of the Blade Zmax Manual Settings

And this is a screenshot of the Max XL Manual Settings

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,794 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

you are correct I misread your question.

Hopefully ZTE will add the shutter speed to a future release.

@razor512 said:
    ZTE has been made aware of the missing shutter speed controls in manual mode, hopefully they can get an update out soon which can restore that function.

I hope so, too! Fingers crossed.