What is the best tempered glass for the axon 7 mini?

Dconn1975Dconn1975 MississippiPosts: 131 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello guys.

I'm trying to locate a tempered glass screen protector for my axon 7 mini and I simply cannot find one on Amazon and I find that to be crazy. As much as Amazon has they do not have a good tempered glass for this phone. What is everyone using? Right now I have a liquid skin on mine from Skinomi. Now I want a tempered glass. Can anyone recommend a good tempered glass screen protector to me? Thanks very much.

Comments

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,678 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2017 7:32PM

While there are many on sites like amazon, they all have pretty bad reviews since due to the curved sides of the glass (it is like this on all smartphones where the edges of the glass curve). The screen protectors do not follow that curve and are often smaller than the glass on the device to avoid the curve.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I had a tempered glass screen protector on my A7 and did not like it. The edges were cut short and didn't cover the entire screen due to the 2.5d display. The mini will have the same issue. It will be the same issue with any device and any glass protector, unless the protector is specifically designed and curved for that model phone. Some of the Samsungs and I believe the OP5 have them, but I don't think the A7 or A7 mini do. Hope this helps.

• Dconn1975Dconn1975 MississippiPosts: 131 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:
    I had a tempered glass screen protector on my A7 and did not like it. The edges were cut short and didn't cover the entire screen due to the 2.5d display. The mini will have the same issue. It will be the same issue with any device and any glass protector, unless the protector is specifically designed and curved for that model phone. Some of the Samsungs and I believe the OP5 have them, but I don't think the A7 or A7 mini do. Hope this helps.

Yeah it sounds like I just need to stick with the Skinomi liquid glass that I currently have on it. Only reason I even thought about swapping I'd that I ordered a double pack of tempered glass screen protectors for my Nexus 6p and they arrived today. It reminded me of just how good a tempered glass is compared to the liquid glass. I mean my 6p looks crystal clear and you can't even tell I put it on there. With the liquid glass on my Axon 7 Mini the screen in a very tiny way in some lighting conditions appears not as clear and crisp as a tempered glass. What is everyone doing for their screen protectors on here then? Doing like I have done and using a liquid glass or not using anything at all? I've never not used some sort of screen protector on all my phones. I could not live with a scratch on my real screen. It's a pet peeve of mine just like I can't buy a phone without the original box it came in with all the contents. I got extremely lucky with my brand new Nexus 6p. An individual had it and sat on it for two yesrs without ever even opening it up so it was still brand new. Never been turned on and sealed in the box. On top of that it was the 64g model and I've owned a 6p before and I paid $399 for a 32g model. He actually sold me his brand new Nexus 6p for $150!!! I am still in shock over it. So now I have my typical. One smaller device for my daily driver and one larger screen device as my second phone for movies and media. Both phones combined I have a total of $342 in where they would have been if I had paid regular price a combined total of $850!!! I could not be more happier with the two deals I got. I paid $193 for my Axon 7 Mini from Amazon and I paid $150 for my Nexus 6p from that awesome nice guy both brand new with original boxes so I definitely keep screen protectors on my phones at all times. I was just hoping for a tempered glass for my axon 7 mini which I did not even realize the screen had a slight curve to it until you guys brought it to my attention. I guess I'll be sticking with my skinomi liquid glass screen protector on my Axon. I may still try a tempered glass and just see how it fits but all the reviews on Amazon were pretty bad though.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have a ZTE flip case for the mini so I don't use a screen protector on it. Come to think of it, I don't have a screen protector for any of my devices anymore. I used to be big on them, but I'm pretty careful with my devices. 2.5d glass has made nice screen protectors more difficult to obtain, especially the tempered glass ones.

• wrbirdwrbird Posts: 162 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a fan of tempered glass screen protectors also. However, as others have stated, the round edges on the screen were not conducive for a glass protector. I ended up using Spigen Crystal Clear ZTE Axon 7 from Amazon. I've been very happy with these.

• Dconn1975Dconn1975 MississippiPosts: 131 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wrbird said:
    I'm a fan of tempered glass screen protectors also. However, as others have stated, the round edges on the screen were not conducive for a glass protector. I ended up using Spigen Crystal Clear ZTE Axon 7 from Amazon. I've been very happy with these.

So you do like it okay. Will you post a picture from Amazon of the product you have? Like I have the skiniomi liquid skin which I imagine will be very similar to that one but I'm always looking for a better product. Do you mind screen shotting the exact product that you got from Amazon and posting it here?