Can't reach Google at the moment

schwartzasherschwartzasher United StatesPosts: 185 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I said ok Google and it gave me the issue where it can't reach Google at the moment. I have WiFi and cellular turned off but it's connected to my phone. What's wronf

Comments

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Open android wear and check if the option to stay connected is enabled. Also, wifi can be left on as it is only used when charging or not connected to the phone.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

What phone model do you have it paired with?

• schwartzasherschwartzasher United StatesPosts: 185 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@razor512 said:
    Open android wear and check if the option to stay connected is enabled. Also, wifi can be left on as it is only used when charging or not connected to the phone.

That is enabled and also WiFi is used even if not connected to a charger. And that's only with the wifi I give it access to

@DoppelgangerD said:
    What phone model do you have it paired with?

ZTE blade zmax

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have the "ok Google" detection activated on the Zmax?
    Does that work immediately when trying it on the phone?
    It's hard to say, but could be an Android Wear issue, or perhaps wifi needs to be enabled.

@DoppelgangerD said:
    It's hard to say, but could be an Android Wear issue, or perhaps wifi needs to be enabled.

Works immediately. Doesnt happen on my moto 360 sport wear 2.0. I would use that except for the battery is crap after update

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

to use assistant on the watch, there needs to be some active connectivity, either BT paired to the phone or cellular/wifi connectivity. You mentioned that you disable wifi and cellular, so I assume you had bt enabled. So, make sure BT is connected to the phone and you are in the range.

I typically leave wifi on since if I am moving around, this allows the watch to have connection when I am outside of the bt range, and have not noticed major drop in the battery life

@schwartzasher said:

@DoppelgangerD said:

Works immediately. Doesnt happen on my moto 360 sport wear 2.0. I would use that except for the battery is crap after update

With WiFi and cellular turned off, and Bluetooth properly connected to my Axon 7, I'm not seeing the same issue.
    So it's either the BT connection, or an issue with the phone.

When you navigate to Bluetooth on the watch, does it have the name of the phone under the BT on/off toggle setting, and does it say "connected"?

@DoppelgangerD @samsamha yes I have it saying connected

If all else fails, you may have to do a reset of the watch if it's not pairing correctly.

@DoppelgangerD tried that 4 times

@schwartzasher said:

Maybe try uninstalling the Android Wear app and then reinstalling to see if that helps, or even deleting the "ok Google" voice commands and redoing them maybe.

@DoppelgangerD said:

@schwartzasher said:

Maybe try uninstalling the Android Wear app and then reinstalling to see if that helps, or even deleting the "ok Google" voice commands and redoing them maybe.

Tried that

I can't think of anything else other than pairing it with a different phone to rule out an issue with the current phone. Might also try placing some phone calls to make sure the mic in the watch is working ok.

@DoppelgangerD said:
    I can't think of anything else other than pairing it with a different phone to rule out an issue with the current phone. Might also try placing some phone calls to make sure the mic in the watch is working ok.

Everything works good except that one issue

@schwartzasher said:

@DoppelgangerD said:

Everything works good except that one issue

Very odd. I still think it's a BT issue. When I turn BT off (along with WiFi and cellular), I get the same error, but when I turn BT back on, it works again.

On your watch, did you enable "Ok Google detection".

Check under Setting--> Personalization-->OK Google Detection.

@samsamha said:
    On your watch, did you enable "Ok Google detection".

Check under Setting--> Personalization-->OK Google Detection.

Yes. That shouldn't affect this problem. Even if I hold the button down

@schwartzasher

Right, you can still use Google Assistant with the button (unless you want to activated with OK Google voice command then you would need to enable that setting).

I just tested on my Blade Z max and I have no trouble using Google Assistant on my watch. So it does not look to me that it is an issue with the watch or the phone.

Is Google Assistant working for you on the phone?

Were you able to use use Google Assistant on the watch if you have wifi enable? Cell enabled?

You mentioned that you had Moto 360, have you un-pair that device from your phone and clear the cache for the Wear app then re-pair the Quartz to the phone afterwards? Also, if you happen to have multiple google accounts, make sure that you are using the right one during the setup.

Really not too sure what could be the issue here

@samsamha said:
    @schwartzasher

Right, you can still use Google Assistant with the button (unless you want to activated with OK Google voice command then you would need to enable that setting).

I just tested on my Blade Z max and I have no trouble using Google Assistant on my watch. So it does not look to me that it is an issue with the watch or the phone.

Were you able to use use Google Assistant on the watch if you have wifi enable? Cell enabled?

You mentioned that you had Moto 360, have you un-pair that device from your phone and clear the cache for the Wear app then re-pair the Quartz to the phone afterwards? Also, if you happen to have multiple google accounts, make sure that you are using the right one during the setup.

I never had the Moto 360 paired with this phone and I can access Assistant on my phone and I can also access via WiFi and cellular. Bluetooth is the only issue. It works with every other option out there. I will try with different phones later today when I am home to see if I works. If it does then my phone is the issue. But for now my watch works perfectly on cellular and wifi.

@samsamha said:
    @schwartzasher

I would post a video but it's too big for this section

This all worked with my OnePlus 5. I just did a network reset to reset Bluetooth cellular and wifi on the blade zmax. Hope that helps

@samsamha said:
    @schwartzasher

It only has the issues on my blade Zmax

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've had this happen on and off with a couple of watches. Usually, I just have to say it a second time. It's like the first time it just wasn't ready or something. This is with WiFi, Cellular, and Bluetooth on.

@schwartzasher
    Have you tried removing the Android wear app from the phone, then going into phone's bluetooth settings and make sure the watch is not paired with the phone. Reboot the phone and reset the watch to factory default settings,
    then install Android Wear and setup the watch from scratch.
    I know you tried a variation of those things, but sometime when it comes to these kinds of things, it's better to start from scratch so to speak. I don't think it's necessary to reset the phone, but if you choose to do that as well it might help.

I'm sorry this has taken extensive troubleshooting to try and figure this out.
    We are working on it, and are touching base with ZTE as well, however so far we haven't been able to duplicate your issue.

@jasone said:
    I've had this happen on and off with a couple of watches. Usually, I just have to say it a second time. It's like the first time it just wasn't ready or something. This is with WiFi, Cellular, and Bluetooth on.

True. I mean I had it on for a day to see if it was that and it didn't help

@DoppelgangerD said:
    @schwartzasher
    Have you tried removing the Android wear app from the phone, then going into phone's bluetooth settings and make sure the watch is not paired with the phone. Reboot the phone and reset the watch to factory default settings,
    then install Android Wear and setup the watch from scratch.
    I know you tried a variation of those things, but sometime when it comes to these kinds of things, it's better to start from scratch so to speak. I don't think it's necessary to reset the phone, but if you choose to do that as well it might help.

I'm sorry this has taken extensive troubleshooting to try and figure this out.
    We are working on it, and are touching base with ZTE as well, however so far we haven't been able to duplicate your issue.

It's ok. So far I have it on my phone not an sd card and I cleared cache and data and I also have cleared the watch and reset network settings.

@schwartzasher

While communicating with a ZTE representative, they proposed some additional troubleshooting steps.
    This is their response after trying to duplicate your issue with the same phone and watch running the same software packs as yours are.

"did we (he) go through the voice settings under search in the google app
    he will have to enable bluetooth headset
    also he may have to allow requests for bluetooth devices under the Hands free section of the google app
    i enabled both and its working with the lg tones"

@DoppelgangerD said:
    @schwartzasher

While communicating with a ZTE representative, they proposed some additional troubleshooting steps.
    This is their response after trying to duplicate your issue with the same phone and watch running the same software packs as yours are.

also he may have to allow requests for bluetooth devices under the Hands free section of the google app

I did that all. It works on my OnePlus 5 but it doesn't work with my ZTE blade Zmax

@schwartzasher said:

@DoppelgangerD said:
    @schwartzasher

I did that all. It works on my OnePlus 5 but it doesn't work with my ZTE blade Zmax

You may have to do a reset of the phone then.