System Update - Oct 1.

I have two ZTE Blade V8 Pro phones, and they both got updated today. I took a screenshot as it was downloading the update. This fixes the issue with the Facebook app update.

http://i.imgur.com/D14Q2FU.jpg

Its install now. very exciting.

Comments

• musicdjmmusicdjm United States Posts: 3,124 mod

Thats awesome news, that means the blueborne patch had been implemented as well

• Yup and hopefully we'll get Android o

• telyxtelyx Posts: 29 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to figure out how to download the update using mobile data instead of WiFi... haven't found a way yet.

That's odd since I think I was able to use cellular data to download the last update. I see no option for it this time. I can see having the option to use WiFi, but not making it a requirement.

• nessadotnetnessadotnet Posts: 4 ✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2017 12:20PM

My phone updated at 3am and by 830 am it randomly restarted and is stuck on bootloop again. ZTE sucks. And no, I did not redownload the FB app.

• nessadotnetnessadotnet Posts: 4 ✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40

Yes, it updated successfully. I was actually in a 10 mile race using it to listen to music when it died on mile 7. I do not have the FB app so it is not that.

The bootloop is stuck on the ZTE logo. I think I finally was able to get it to factory reset.

This is so annoying. Why is a less than 1 year phone needing a factory reset every couple of months. This is ridiculous. ZTE is garbage. Will never buy from them again.

• JimiBJimiB USAPosts: 2 ✭✭

ZTE... my opinion of your company continues to fall.

The update to apparently fix the Facebook app fiasco (that previously bricked my device)... does NOT actually fix the Facebook app..

Once the update is installed - the Play store advises that my device is not compatible with the Facebook app, and I cannot download/install.

:'( Great fix.

• DarskyDarsky MNPosts: 17 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do we have any evidence that this is ZTE's fault? For all I know, ZTE has done as much as they can by disabling the PlayStore Facebook app download until Facebook fixes their app. Being as it was a Facebook update that caused this problem, and ZTE has since released an update disabling the app, I'm leaning towards this being a Facebook issue. Hopefully they'll release a working update soon. It would be nice though, if ZTE simply addressed the issue, telling us whether they're working on it, or waiting for Facebook to fix it.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,561 mod

Hi Guys, I first wanted to comment to @nessadotnet , your the first that I have seen that has had an issue with bootloop since updating, so I am hoping that it was a kink and won't continue to be an issue for you, or anyone else.

As far as whether or not this is ZTE's issue or Facebook at this point is irrelevant. I can say that there were two apps that I personally saw, that were causing the same issues, facebook and macrodroid. Since the update, Facebook is now blocked/not compatible, however it is interesting to note that Macrodroid now works perfectly. To me that says ZTE is doing their part to fix the issue, and if I had to guess Facebook would work now if not for being blocked.

@jimlloyd40 said:

Did you find where system updates are in the settings and is there the three dots menu @telyx? The Axon 7 doesn't have that option either unless when there actually is a system update if that option becomes available at the same time as the system update is available. I can't remember because I just always use wifi since it's faster. I agree with you though updating over cellular should be an option since there are people who don't have wifi available for whatever reason.

There was no 3-dot menu on the page that showed the update, and on the updates page in Settings there was no option to choose between WiFi and cell data, and no option to use cell data at all. I ended up going to Culver's with my daughter for lunch and using their WiFi.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,561 mod
    edited October 1, 2017 7:05PM

The current Facebook works if you can get the APK to install from. I'm not going to post a third-party's APK, but will confirm it does work.