Email notifications not showing

gwirtelgwirtel United StatesPosts: 7 ✭✭✭✭

When I get an email, it will not show up. I get a vibration notification, but nothing shows up on the watch. Everything else shows up fine. I have tried different email clients (Outlook, TypeApp) with no success. It used to work when I first got my watch, but it quit. Re-setting the watch has made no difference. Any thoughts?

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

HI, @gwirtel

Look under the Android Wear app on your phone and tap the gear icon to go into settings. There you will see "Block App notifications", see if your email app is showing up there.

Have you also tried to unpair the watch from the phone. And clear the cache and app data on the phone. Then repair the two devices to see if that would fix the issue?

• gwirtelgwirtel United StatesPosts: 7 ✭✭✭✭

I did check the "Block App notifications", and nothing is there. I did un-pair and re-pair the phone/watch, but did not clear the cache and app data on the phone. The watch is aware of the received email, but the notification does not show.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

it's working fine on my unit, so I would say try to clear the cache on the android wear app (or uninstall it completely, reboot and reinstall) to see if that fix the issue. It is possible the issue maybe due to google service or the wear app has issue.

Which phone is your watch pair to?

I have done all you suggest, to no avail. Phone is Google Pixel. Android 8.0.0

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

You mentioned Outlook and TypeApp, but have you tried Gmail? I only use Gmail on my phones and I have several email notifications on my watch right now and they are working perfectly.

I've read online about Bluetooth issues with the Pixel phones. Have you tried disabling Bluetooth on the watch just to see if email notifications might come through over WiFi or cellular to the watch? Sounds like a stretch but I figured it would be worth testing out.

I will try the bluetooth suggestion. Thanks. As far as Gmail, it has big limitations when I am using it to deal with corporate email. Problems TypeApp and Outlook do not suffer from.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Blue Mail might be an option as well. Notifications work just fine on my watch with that app.

Using Gmail seems to work ok now. The problems that I had before seems to have been fixed, so I have gone to Gmail. Thanks for your help

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@gwirtel said:
    Using Gmail seems to work ok now. The problems that I had before seems to have been fixed, so I have gone to Gmail. Thanks for your help

Great news, I'm glad you've got it working now.