[Deal Alert] Grab the Quartz for $48 through T-Mobile EIP for a limited time

jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 6, 2017 9:02PM in Quartz

According to this article when you grab the Quartz watch on EIP it drops the price all the way down to $2 per month with $0 down. The big catch here is this will last for 24 months but at the end of it you'll have only paid $48 for your new shiny watch.

As long as you don't mind making payments on it for 24 months this is a fantastic deal on this watch. If you've been thinking about grabbing one you better hurry though because it's a limited time offer. You can check the deal out on the T-Mobile site by clicking the get the details on the top banner that says get this smartwatch for 75% off.

Comments

  • wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Wow that's a great deal.

  • DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    This a great deal! T-Mobile and ZTE are really shaking up the industry and providing great bang for your buck devices.

  • samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    great deal for sure. Anyone who is looking for a smart watch definitely need to check this out. Quartz is a great entry into the smart watch if you never own one. It has good hardware and latest wear 2.0. I feel while not everyone would need a smartwatch, it is something that you need to try for an extensive period to know for sure. I think with just 2 a month, you can't go wrong with it.

  • saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2017 6:51PM

    A smartwatch for less than $50 dollars is fantastic! You would be lucky to find a used Moto watch 1st gen that cheap let alone a brand new smartwatch! I am chatting with a T-Mobile agent now to see if I qualify.

    Heads Up

    You will also have to purchase a plan along with the watch. You can't just buy the watch by itself. You can get away with a $5 data plan and use it for something like music streaming or you can get a Digits line with it.

  • DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @saeedted said:
    A smartwatch for less than $50 dollars is fantastic! You would be lucky to find a used Moto watch 1st gen that cheap let alone a brand new smartwatch! I am chatting with a T-Mobile agent now to see if I qualify.

    Heads Up

    You will also have to purchase a plan along with the watch. You can't just buy the watch by itself. You can get away with a $5 data plan and use it for something like music streaming or you can get a Digits line with it.

    Yeah that's the rub in the deal right there. They force you pay for a data plan which is only for the watch and it's only 3G data too. However if you don't mind the $5 per month and/or if you like to use the watch as a stand alone device that can be used without a smartphone, then it's still a really good deal.

    I had a friend call into Tmo and ask about the deal, and he asked them if he got the watch,
    could he just do the $5 data plan for a month and then cancel it, but still get the monthly credit
    for the remaining 23 months and they said no, he would have to pay the remainder of the cost
    of the watch as soon as he cancelled the data plan.
    I'm not sure if that is true or if the CSR was just feeding him some BS, but nonetheless that is what they said.

  • saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Just got my Quartz!! :#:#:#
    Total I had to pay for down payment, activation and tax was $66. At least there is no data cap for the watch so nothing to worry about there. Then again it is a watch, it's not like I can stream Netflix on it... and it is only 3G.

    The kick in the teeth was the $50 restocking fee if I decide to return the phone within 14 days of purchase. Please let me fall in love with this watch, for my wallet's sake lol.

  • DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @saeedted said:
    Just got my Quartz!! :#:#:#
    Total I had to pay for down payment, activation and tax was $66. At least there is no data cap for the watch so nothing to worry about there. Then again it is a watch, it's not like I can stream Netflix on it... and it is only 3G.

    The kick in the teeth was the $50 restocking fee if I decide to return the phone within 14 days of purchase. Please let me fall in love with this watch, for my wallet's sake lol.

    I'd love to see the price breakdown of the purchase. $66 seems excessive to me.
    IIRC, SIM card and activation was supposed to be included in the price, so not sure what kind of 'extra' fees they are throwing in there.

  • saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @DoppelgangerD said:

    @saeedted said:
    Just got my Quartz!! :#:#:#
    Total I had to pay for down payment, activation and tax was $66. At least there is no data cap for the watch so nothing to worry about there. Then again it is a watch, it's not like I can stream Netflix on it... and it is only 3G.

    The kick in the teeth was the $50 restocking fee if I decide to return the phone within 14 days of purchase. Please let me fall in love with this watch, for my wallet's sake lol.

    I'd love to see the price breakdown of the purchase. $66 seems excessive to me.
    IIRC, SIM card and activation was supposed to be included in the price, so not sure what kind of 'extra' fees they are throwing in there.

    $25- SIM STARTER KIT aka Activation fee
    $24- Down payment
    $17.90- Tax: I was taxed for the full value of the watch and something else totaling $217

    =$66.90

  • samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @saeedted said:
    Just got my Quartz!! :#:#:#
    Total I had to pay for down payment, activation and tax was $66. At least there is no data cap for the watch so nothing to worry about there. Then again it is a watch, it's not like I can stream Netflix on it... and it is only 3G.

    The kick in the teeth was the $50 restocking fee if I decide to return the phone within 14 days of purchase. Please let me fall in love with this watch, for my wallet's sake lol.

    congrats. Yeah, I agree with @DoppelgangerD , T-Mo is going crazy with their fee and tax and 50 restocking fee.

    Now it's time to join the WFW and starts showing off your watch face.

  • DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2017 1:26AM

    @saeedted said:

    @DoppelgangerD said:

    @saeedted said:
    Just got my Quartz!! :#:#:#
    Total I had to pay for down payment, activation and tax was $66. At least there is no data cap for the watch so nothing to worry about there. Then again it is a watch, it's not like I can stream Netflix on it... and it is only 3G.

    The kick in the teeth was the $50 restocking fee if I decide to return the phone within 14 days of purchase. Please let me fall in love with this watch, for my wallet's sake lol.

    I'd love to see the price breakdown of the purchase. $66 seems excessive to me.
    IIRC, SIM card and activation was supposed to be included in the price, so not sure what kind of 'extra' fees they are throwing in there.

    $25- SIM STARTER KIT aka Activation fee
    $24- Down payment
    $17.90- Tax: I was taxed for the full value of the watch and something else totaling $217

    =$66.90

    Yikes! Not sure how they get away with charging for a sim starter kit when the sim is already in the watch.
    I'm assuming you don't have your regular service with T-Mobile.
    I do, and just bought 2 new phones from them on my plan for my parents a couple weeks ago,
    and wasn't charged an activation fee. Maybe because I've been a customer for years, but not sure.

    I also thought the "deal" was $0 down and $2 per month after monthly credit.
    So I hope you are only paying $1 per month now with putting $24 down.

    Also hard to know how they get away with charging you the full amount of tax up front.
    It should be prorated over 24 months.

    T-mo keeps giving away lots of cool stuff and no contracts are nice, but now I'm starting to see how they are paying for all of it. The deal for the Quartz is still kind of a deal, but not nearly as good as it seems before you see all those fees.

    I do wonder, what kind of smartwatches may hit the market for lower prices and better features before that 2-year deal is all said and done.
    I'd LOVE to see ZTE produce a model compatible with GSM carriers that can be purchased directly from ZTE,
    then the owner can choose whether to activate it with a carrier or not.
    ...or even one with no SIM at all, and retail it for $199. It would sell like hotcakes.

  • saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @DoppelgangerD said:

    @saeedted said:

    @DoppelgangerD said:

    @saeedted said:
    Just got my Quartz!! :#:#:#
    Total I had to pay for down payment, activation and tax was $66. At least there is no data cap for the watch so nothing to worry about there. Then again it is a watch, it's not like I can stream Netflix on it... and it is only 3G.

    The kick in the teeth was the $50 restocking fee if I decide to return the phone within 14 days of purchase. Please let me fall in love with this watch, for my wallet's sake lol.

    I'd love to see the price breakdown of the purchase. $66 seems excessive to me.
    IIRC, SIM card and activation was supposed to be included in the price, so not sure what kind of 'extra' fees they are throwing in there.

    $25- SIM STARTER KIT aka Activation fee
    $24- Down payment
    $17.90- Tax: I was taxed for the full value of the watch and something else totaling $217

    =$66.90

    Yikes! Not sure how they get away with charging for a sim starter kit when the sim is already in the watch.
    I'm assuming you don't have your regular service with T-Mobile.
    I do, and just bought 2 new phones from them on my plan for my parents a couple weeks ago,
    and wasn't charged an activation fee. Maybe because I've been a customer for years, but not sure.

    I also thought the "deal" was $0 down and $2 per month after monthly credit.
    So I hope you are only paying $1 per month now with putting $24 down.

    Also hard to know how they get away with charging you the full amount of tax up front.
    It should be prorated over 24 months.

    T-mo keeps giving away lots of cool stuff and no contracts are nice, but now I'm starting to see how they are paying for all of it. The deal for the Quartz is still kind of a deal, but not nearly as good as it seems before you see all those fees.

    I do wonder, what kind of smartwatches may hit the market for lower prices and better features before that 2-year deal is all said and done.
    I'd LOVE to see ZTE produce a model compatible with GSM carriers that can be purchased directly from ZTE,
    then the owner can choose whether to activate it with a carrier or not.
    ...or even one with no SIM at all, and retail it for $99. It would sell like hotcakes.

    I have been with T-Mobile for 1 year. I understand the cost for the activation fee even if I don't like it. I thought I wouldn't have to put anything down since I have always made on time automatic payments with T-Mobile for a year. But whats bugging is the tax when I am essentially paying $24 or $48 for the watch.

    Coincidentally, I had a dream a few nights ago where ZTE was selling the Spro 3 and it had a sim card slot and we could stick any sim card in it for data.

  • jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @DoppelgangerD said:
    I'd LOVE to see ZTE produce a model compatible with GSM carriers that can be purchased directly from ZTE,
    then the owner can choose whether to activate it with a carrier or not.
    ...or even one with no SIM at all, and retail it for $99. It would sell like hotcakes.

    I'd love to see this as well, I think the Quartz would be selling a lot more if not restricted to just one carrier and without requiring a plan.

  • schwartzasherschwartzasher United StatesPosts: 185 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @jasone said:

    @DoppelgangerD said:
    I'd LOVE to see ZTE produce a model compatible with GSM carriers that can be purchased directly from ZTE,
    then the owner can choose whether to activate it with a carrier or not.
    ...or even one with no SIM at all, and retail it for $99. It would sell like hotcakes.

    I'd love to see this as well, I think the Quartz would be selling a lot more if not restricted to just one carrier and without requiring a plan.

    They really should either have a wifi model or unlocked model.

  • saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @DoppelgangerD said:

    @saeedted said:

    @DoppelgangerD said:

    @saeedted said:
    Just got my Quartz!! :#:#:#
    Total I had to pay for down payment, activation and tax was $66. At least there is no data cap for the watch so nothing to worry about there. Then again it is a watch, it's not like I can stream Netflix on it... and it is only 3G.

    The kick in the teeth was the $50 restocking fee if I decide to return the phone within 14 days of purchase. Please let me fall in love with this watch, for my wallet's sake lol.

    I'd love to see the price breakdown of the purchase. $66 seems excessive to me.
    IIRC, SIM card and activation was supposed to be included in the price, so not sure what kind of 'extra' fees they are throwing in there.

    $25- SIM STARTER KIT aka Activation fee
    $24- Down payment
    $17.90- Tax: I was taxed for the full value of the watch and something else totaling $217

    =$66.90

    Yikes! Not sure how they get away with charging for a sim starter kit when the sim is already in the watch.
    I'm assuming you don't have your regular service with T-Mobile.
    I do, and just bought 2 new phones from them on my plan for my parents a couple weeks ago,
    and wasn't charged an activation fee. Maybe because I've been a customer for years, but not sure.

    I also thought the "deal" was $0 down and $2 per month after monthly credit.
    So I hope you are only paying $1 per month now with putting $24 down.

    Also hard to know how they get away with charging you the full amount of tax up front.
    It should be prorated over 24 months.

    T-mo keeps giving away lots of cool stuff and no contracts are nice, but now I'm starting to see how they are paying for all of it. The deal for the Quartz is still kind of a deal, but not nearly as good as it seems before you see all those fees.

    I do wonder, what kind of smartwatches may hit the market for lower prices and better features before that 2-year deal is all said and done.
    I'd LOVE to see ZTE produce a model compatible with GSM carriers that can be purchased directly from ZTE,
    then the owner can choose whether to activate it with a carrier or not.
    ...or even one with no SIM at all, and retail it for $199. It would sell like hotcakes.

    UPDATE!

    So there is no $5 service plan. The service plan is $10 a month (if you have autopay setup) and it's $1 a month for the watch because I paid half of it on the down-payment.

    All in all, I think I will keep the watch. It did come in handy when I lent my phone to someone and I used it all day by itself; I was even able to hail an Uber. And after hearing onemat's story..

  • DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    UPDATE!

    So there is no $5 service plan. The service plan is $10 a month (if you have autopay setup) and it's $1 a month for the watch because I paid half of it on the down-payment.

    All in all, I think I will keep the watch. It did come in handy when I lent my phone to someone and I used it all day by itself; I was even able to hail an Uber. And after hearing onemat's story..

    Sorry I can't remember if you said you use T-mobile as your service provider and added the watch,
    or if you have only the watch on a plan by itself.

    The reason I ask is because I do have a T-mo Family plan for our service, and I know I looked it up on their website and it said it would be $5 per month to add a wearable.
    However I just tried to find it again and I think they removed it, so I wonder if they bumped it to $10 now.
    ...OR, is it $5 to add to a plan and $10 for an independent plan?
    I really don't feel like calling and asking though. They SHOULD have that info on their site.

    Another thing that kinda irks me from T-mo, is that they are actually charging you on a wearable plan for 500 MB of LTE data, but the Quartz is only 3G afaik, so none of that data is ever going to be used, yet they still charge you $10 a month for it.
    I don't put any of this on ZTE's shoulders though. They designed the watch based on T-mo's instructions.
    Having said that, the watch is still very decent and a nice Android Wear 2.0 smartwatch.

    This "deal" T-mo is offering though just seems to be getting less worthwhile once all the details are revealed.
    I'd almost rather pay full price for it and buy it without activating the SIM.
    Then later activate the SIM if and when I want the watch in service, then cancel anytime I want without being penalized.
    I guess it's a matter of preference though. If you want the watch in service for 2 full years, then buyers just need to be aware it could cost around $400-$500 for the watch and the service plan depending on fees and taxes and such.

  • schwartzasherschwartzasher United StatesPosts: 185 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @newtozte730564 said:
    The deal I got was really great. Not sure if it would apply to anyone else, but I've been with T-Mo since before they were T-Mo (back in the "Voice Stream" days) and I was on an "old" pricing plan, paying for 2 lines, unlimited, then taxes and fees of course.

    Anyway, I went in to the store actually because my brother uses my second line, and he needed a replacement phone. He wound up getting the LG G6. So, the Rep tells me that they are trying to move everyone to "new" pricing, and she could drop my overall monthly costs by moving me to their new plan.

    The "deal" was adding a third line, and getting a "free" device. She tried to sell me on some car GPS/OBD-II reader thing, but my OBD-II port is occupied with an engine modification/performance tool already and I certainly don't care to have Big Brother Google plugged into my car anyway, so she mentioned the ZTE Quartz, and said I'd get it for ten bucks, period, with the remaining cost credited back on my account each month (not billed to me).

    After all was said and done, adding the watch, the third line (digits, plus unlimited everything for that line) plus adding the phone on payments (zero down, $22 bucks a month) plus premium insurance on the phone, still unlimited everything on my other two lines, I wind up paying less per month now, then before, so, overall a pretty huge win, to have picked up a flagship phone and this watch, and walk out the door with a lower overall monthly pay plan. Oh, and taxes and fees are now included in the price, so the total they gave me was a "real" total of what I will really pay.

    I've never understood why anyone uses anyone but T-Mo and this latest deal was just more proof positive that I'm glad to be with them.

    This is a great little device, but at ten bucks it's one of the best near-freebies I've ever had from a company.

    You are very lucky to have this deal.

  • newtozte730564newtozte730564 AmericaPosts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @schwartzasher said:

    You are very lucky to have this deal.

    Indeed. I've always found T-Mo to have the best value for the price. Surprises like this just add to why I've stuck with them so long. I see they are offering it on their pay plan, something like 8 bucks a month, just to purchase it directly. Still hugely affordable for a device of this caliber, or even just the "full" price, which, at less than two hundred buck, is pretty incredible, considering many of the "flagship class" specs of the watch.

Sign In or Register to comment.