THE ULTRA-BUDGET BLADE VANTAGE SMARTPHONE

frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support EngineerTexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 5, 2017 3:00PM in Other Products

ZTE is making its big push into the United States

• Finally working with Verizon -for those inclined that have Verizon
  • The ZTE Blade Vantage comes at only $50
  • Touted as the best phone for that price currently on the market now available online and in stores
  • Not a bad option for those looking for a super-cheap phone
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 processor with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage
  • Storage can be expanded upon with the MicroSD card slot
  • Rear-facing camera 8-megapixels, with the front-facing camera coming in at 2 megapixels
  • its powered by 2,500mAh battery for the display sits in at only 854 x 480 pixels
  • This is ZTE’s first smartphone to be on Verizon’s network
  • Days when not paying a premium meant having to deal with a nonperforming device are now gone
  • Phones like the Blade Vantage mean that for $50, you can get one that’s more than capable of handling most day-to-day tasks like basic web-browsing, and social media
  • Tech will eventually trickle down to low-cost phones in the future Remember a few years back these specifications were once considered flagship.

Comments

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Verizon what a big step.
    Basic phone, but ZTE is in Verizon now! Woo hoo!!!

• musicdjmmusicdjm United States Posts: 3,124 mod

The only disappointment with this device is the release without a finger print sensor. With them costing pennies now adays and android finally pushing for universe use of the FPS with apps and everything its a must have feature no a days in my opinion

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Verizon is the big deal here. Even though I would personally never use Big Red, I believe ZTE officially now has their foot in the door of every major carrier. That may prove to be huge in the future. You've got to start somewhere, and buy proving they can sell low budget devices with the carriers, hopefully they can provide higher level ones in the future. Axon 8 on T-Mobile would be my preference of course :)

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2017 12:52PM

indeed how can they make a device with those specs and at that price? Yet being on Verizon's network now freaking awesome. especially with the pending announcement of the T-Mobile/ Sprint merger.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@frodriguez2010 said:
    indeed how can they make a device with those specs and at that price? Yet being on Verizon's network now freaking awesome. especially with the pending announcement of the T-Mobile/ Sprint merger.

@frodriguez2010 I hope that what is being called a merger with T-Mobile and Sprint is really more of a T-Mobile takeover with John Legere still calling the shots.

I wouldn't imagine Tmo and Legere are going to give any ground on their stature in the market right now and let Sprint water them down. The transition will likely take years before it's all said and done, but logic says that it will be T-mobile taking over, or quite possibly Sprint becoming a "division" of T-Mobile, just like Metro PCS.