Shows 'Unfortunately, the setup wizard has stopped' after restoring factory settings.

RingoKidRingoKid DhakaPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

A few weeks ago after a facebook upgrade the phone stopped at boot then I did a factory reset and now it shows 'Unfortunately, the setup wizard has stopped' every time I boot up or restart. Also, there's no launcher in default and can't set stock android either. I've managed to install go launcher manually after a lot of trouble but now I can't install anything from the play store. Can't draw the notification bar down either. I bought the phone in July 2017. How do I fix this?

Best Answer

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@RingoKid said:

@jimlloyd40 said:
    @RingoKid since your phone has so many problems if it were me I would exchange it.

What's the procedure for exchange? I bought it in July 17. It came with 12 months warranty I guess. And the problem is on software so I thought there could be some sort of updates from ZTE that could solve the issue. Thanks for the replies.

If you bought it directly from ZTE call 800-617-5065 and start the process.

Answers

• RingoKidRingoKid DhakaPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

For other Blade V8 Pro owners that Facebook update stopped the phone from working completely. Since you can still use your phone uninstall Facebook and clear the cache in the main storage settings and then reboot. Then from what I understand you can go to the Play Store and install the Facebook app again since it was updated @RingoKid.

I did get rid of Facebook. But my Google play service is gone after the reset. I can't install anything from the Play Store and I don't have any launcher set as default so I'm using one I installed manually. How do I solve the Google issue?

@jimlloyd40 said:

@RingoKid said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

For other Blade V8 Pro owners that Facebook update stopped the phone from working completely. Since you can still use your phone uninstall Facebook and clear the cache in the main storage settings and then reboot. Then from what I understand you can go to the Play Store and install the Facebook app again since it was updated @RingoKid.

I did get rid of Facebook. But my Google play service is gone after the reset. I can't install anything from the Play Store and I don't have any launcher set as default so I'm using one I installed manually. How do I solve the Google issue?

Go to default apps in the settings to select a default launcher. Google Play Services is not a stand alone app it is installed as a system app. It is not an app that can be uninstalled. Go to apps in the settings and select the 3 dot menu button in the upper right corner and select show system and then scroll through the apps to Google Play Services @RingoKid and see what it shows. You may have to do a factory reset to get it back.

I've reset the phone multiple times. No luck. Also I don't see any notification either. The fingerprint works but it doesn't take me to home. The app drawer doesn't work either but back button works nicely. I use the Mi Pop to show the app drawer then pressing back takes me to home. If I clear all apps then it shows "Unfortunately, setup wizard has stopped." But the google bar works so I search for the launcher there then it works partially. I hope it's clear.

@jimlloyd40 said:
    @RingoKid since your phone has so many problems if it were me I would exchange it.

What's the procedure for exchange? I bought it in July 17. It came with 12 months warranty I guess. And the problem is on software so I thought there could be some sort of updates from ZTE that could solve the issue. Thanks for the replies.