GPS stops

Hi I'm on the latest stock android on a Chinese axon 7 and I find GPS seems to stop working after about 30 mins. I use apps like google fit,strava and mapmyrun. Each time they only track the first part of a run or ride. I've tried changing power settings for the apps but that does not help. Any ideas??

Thanks

Comments

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

This forum is for the USA models, but this may be a battery optimization setting for these apps

• Jules_bikeJules_bike Posts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

Yes tried that thanks must be something to do with GPS switching off.. the apps are all set not to power save

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Could try a factory reset to see if that changes anything.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely sounds like an app/power management issue. You can try going through all the settings in the Power Manager menu.
    You can also try going into storage and deleting the app cache, and booting to recovery and deleting the cache partition there.
    I'm quite sure the phone is not overheating, unless you are doing some very intense gaming with brightness jacked all the way up and standing in direct sunlight, lol.
    As mentioned above already though, this is the forum for support of the USA version of ZTE products.
    You may find better help in the forum dedicated to your region.

• Jules_bikeJules_bike Posts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for helping, No its definitely not overheating. I've taken off all the power settings that seem relevant. Ive deleted the app cache. The recovery cache partition is harder I'm not sure how to do that what are the keys to press?

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 9, 2017 3:21PM

@Jules_bike said:
    Thanks for helping, No its definitely not overheating. I've taken off all the power settings that seem relevant. Ive deleted the app cache. The recovery cache partition is harder I'm not sure how to do that what are the keys to press?

As mentioned above, you will want to be very careful when entering the recovery menu,
    especially since it's your first time doing it. One accidental click can wipe your phone completely.
    Once you are in recovery, you will use the vol+ and vol- buttons to toggle through the options,
    and the power button is used like an enter button.
    So then navigate to the part that says "wipe cache partition" and hit the power button to launch the task,
    then navigate to "yes" and hit the power button again.
    After that, it should return to the recovery menu again and you will want to hit "reboot system now",
    and then your phone should power cycle as usual.