Zte glitch? Or home button issue?

AlastarAlastar CalifroniaPosts: 1

My zte max xl keeps on opening google assistant and goes to the home screen when it does it. It happens randomly so i'm not sure what to do. It goes to it then it stops and goes again. Wondering if anyone has had this issue? My home button doesn't work so is it my home button that needs to be replaced? The home button is what opens up google assistant. Also when i type my pin number it glitches and puts the number 3 times sometimes. This happened today.

Comments

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Alastar said:
    My zte max xl keeps on opening google assistant and goes to the home screen when it does it. It happens randomly so i'm not sure what to do. It goes to it then it stops and goes again. Wondering if anyone has had this issue? My home button doesn't work so is it my home button that needs to be replaced? The home button is what opens up google assistant. Also when i type my pin number it glitches and puts the number 3 times sometimes. This happened today.

You can try clearing the cache data in storage and also deleting the cache partition in the recovery menu,
    and if it persists you can do a factory data reset which will reset the whole phone back the way it was out of the box and redo everything on the phone like a new device.
    However it sounds like it's broken to me, and you will likely need to return it to where you purchased it.
    They will probably try to reset the device anyway, so you should try to do that before you return it.
    That is assuming clearing the caches doesn't fix the issues.

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe there is an issue with your home button or just general lag on the device. Long pressing the home button opens Assistant and I see you don't have it setup. Maybe that's why it goes away if you click something else or if it's lag and it's responding to your touch of the home button again and dismissing it.

I'd try what @DoppelgangerD suggests though and see if that helps.