Axon 7 A2017G - upgrade to Android 7 - how?

~~Hi
I just bought an Axon 7 phone and all automatic updates have been completed. Now I have Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) and Build number ZTE A2017GV1.0.0B11. I was under the impression that the phone could be upgraded to Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) but can't figure out how to force/trigger this update?
I haven't yet installed my SIM card and was wondering if that might affect updating the phone? (The phone is connected to wi-fi)
Regards, Tommy

Comments

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

From your software version, you don't own a USA model. That's a European model. This forum is for USA models.

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes what @jasonscarter said is correct. You need to go to the European forum and they can help you with the A2017G model.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • tipsentipsen DenmarkPosts: 3 ✭✭

Thanks for your replies 2xJason. I didn't know there were country specific models - however updating Android must work the same way regardless of model version? The link above is for a German forum unfortunately, not a European forum and my German is even worse than my English.

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@tipsen said:
    Thanks for your replies 2xJason. I didn't know there were country specific models - however updating Android must work the same way regardless of model version? The link above is for a German forum unfortunately, not a European forum and my German is even worse than my English.

Well the German forum is the European forum. I'm not sure if they have it in English or not but there is always Google Translate. Updating Android works the same but you do need the ROM specific to your device The USA models are A2017U and your model is A2017G and requires the specific ROM for your version of the phone.

• tipsentipsen DenmarkPosts: 3 ✭✭

Ok. I just thought the update would automatically appear on my phone. Manually downloading and installing ROMs seems a bit old school...
    The German Forum might be the only European forum but it doesn't look like it's "The" European forum - most Europeans would probably visit this site as the most probable place for information about the phone - this seems more like a global site with a global .com domain instead of a national .de domain (in German).
    I'll have a look at the manual updating - thanks for your help :-)