Has Anyone encountered this problem? Touch screen on my ZTE Quartz is non responsive

johnny3ddjohnny3dd United StatesPosts: 59 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe it's just my luck? I took my Quartz off the charging puck earlier today, and later went to check something when I noticed it wasn't doing anything. I can't get to the system setting menu to reset. I've tried holding down the power button (won't hard reset like a smartphone) and it only responds to Google Assistant, only Google Assistant can't tell me how to fix it. Being the device is so new to me I've never encountered this problem, therefore I haven't a clue how to fix it. First time for everything, am I the only one who's having this first time situation? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Never experienced this on my Quartz. If there is any issue, just continue to hold the button (10+ seconds) until it shuts down and reboots.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have experienced something similar once during my time with the watch. Hard to pinpoint the problem but my sense is that there could be some app running on the background that prevents the watch from using other apps. Last time when it happened, I just hold onto the power button for about 10 seconds or longer and that will reboot the watch. Since then I have not experience this problem anymore. So I think it maybe just a fluke.

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Same here I have experienced this before but all I had to do was hold down the button to restart the watch and then it was fine.

• johnny3ddjohnny3dd United StatesPosts: 59 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys, yes I didn't hold it down long enough. I counted and it took almost 20 seconds to do a hard reboot. It just kept kicking google assistant in and wouldn't reboot, untill I just held it down and forced it into submission, lol. It's working fine again. Thanks for the help.

• @johnny3dd67 said:
    Maybe it's just my luck? I took my Quartz off the charging puck earlier today, and later went to check something when I noticed it wasn't doing anything. I can't get to the system setting menu to reset. I've tried holding down the power button (won't hard reset like a smartphone) and it only responds to Google Assistant, only Google Assistant can't tell me how to fix it. Being the device is so new to me I've never encountered this problem, therefore I haven't a clue how to fix it. First time for everything, am I the only one who's having this first time situation? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,663 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have never had this issue. If you can't do a system disconnect and reset, try letting the battery run all the way down and recharge it. Really you should call ZTE tech support for help.

• johnny3ddjohnny3dd United StatesPosts: 59 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@dnewman007 said:
    I have never had this issue. If you can't do a system disconnect and reset, try letting the battery run all the way down and recharge it. Really you should call ZTE tech support for help.

It's happened twice now, I have to hold down the power button for 20 seconds (I've timed it) it reboots then it's fine again. I believe it has something to do with google play music, or Facer those are the only 2 apps I've downloaded to the device. The second time it happened was yesterday, a few days after the recent update it has to be one or the other. I'm assuming since no one else has commented having experienced this kind of bug, so far I'm the only one Lucky me! lol Thank you for ur comment/advice I do appreciate your thoughts.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,663 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny3dd67 said:

@dnewman007 said:

It's happened twice now, I have to hold down the power button for 20 seconds (I've timed it) it reboots then it's fine again. I believe it has something to do with google play music, or Facer those are the only 2 apps I've downloaded to the device. The second time it happened was yesterday, a few days after the recent update it has to be one or the other. I'm assuming since no one else has commented having experienced this kind of bug, so far I'm the only one Lucky me! lol Thank you for ur comment/advice I do appreciate your thoughts.

@johnny3dd67 You might want to do a reset to see if this might help :)

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

You're not the only one I've had it happen a total of 3 times now. It hasn't happened for the past 2 weeks though.

• KchumonKchumon West Roxbury, MAPosts: 1 ✭✭

Reading the comments above I believe that it has to do with google play music. I've had the watch for a few months and never had an issue until recently (few days ago). Given that the reset it's an easy fix which I always do upon any unexpected behavior in electronics. It would be nice if ZTE support researched and informed user about any of this. And if possible fixed the issue. I'll do some research myself and update if needed.