What is the Most Common Feature Used on Your Quartz Watch?

saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 10, 2017 5:54PM in Quartz

Is GPS turn by turn navigation? Music Streaming? Notifications and SMS?

Is there a feature where it can help you find your smartphone if you misplace it?

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi, @saeedted ,

For me, I use the watch mainly for notification and Google fit to keep track the health status. I also use it to control music playback.

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I often use the media controls while listening to a podcast, especially useful when skipping commercials.
    I believe it should also have a find my phone function which will ring the smartphone.

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

There is a feature to find your phone, all you have to do is click the find my phone in the app drawer like @razor512 said.

I mostly use mine for notifications and reading emails. It keeps me from having to take the phone out of my pocket 30-40 times a day just to see if what came in was important enough to require a response from me.

Also, like the others mentioned here, I use the media controls a lot. Whether I'm using wired or Bluetooth headphones I can play/pause, skip tracks, control volume, see the name of the song and album artwork, and give a thumbs up or down.

I also use Assistant on the watch to control my smart home stuff. I have a Google Home and an Echo Dot but with the watch it is always on my wrist. It's not just in two rooms it's always with me and I can lift my wrist and control the lights no matter where I am.

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Day 1 with my Quartz. I think I might have overestimated the battery life; I took it off the charger at 6:30 am and 7 hours later it is at 47% with brightness at low. Is 12hr battery life ok? Does it get better over time?

I think my favorite feature is setting quick reminders through Google Assistant but the execution is not perfect on this watch. Creating a reminder from the watch creates a reminder that the phone sees but then I don't get the notification reminder on the watch when the time comes. Creating a reminder on the phone does send a notification to the phone but from how the watch vibrates I suspect it is only mirroring the notification from my Axon and not giving me the notification directly from Google services. Anyone having this trouble with reminders?

@saeedted , the battery life seems to be consistent what I got. I can last a day of use with the brightness set to 2 and at most maybe a day and half of usage.

Regarding to the reminder with google assistant, I have no issue getting notification on both of my phone and watch. Though I am using Google Calendar instead of Axon's own calendar app, not sure if that makes any difference.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@samsamha said:
    @saeedted , the battery life seems to be consistent what I got. I can last a day of use with the brightness set to 2 and at most maybe a day and half of usage.

Regarding to the reminder with google assistant, I have no issue getting notification on both of my phone and watch. Though I am using Google Calendar instead of Axon's own calendar app, not sure if that makes any difference.

You must be indoors the majority of time to set the brightness at 2.
    I always just have mine set to max, which still isn't bright enough sometimes outdoors,
    and even though I'm inside more than outside, it's a pain switching back and forth.

Still though, the Quartz battery life is good enough that I can go all day long without running out of life,
    even with brightness maxed out, as long as I am not playing on it too much.
    I never use mine for things like gaming, texting, or browsing social media though.
    Sometimes for music, but that's not every day.

@DoppelgangerD said:

@samsamha said:

You must be indoors the majority of time to set the brightness at 2.
    I always just have mine set to max, which still isn't bright enough sometimes outdoors,
    and even though I'm inside more than outside, it's a pain switching back and forth.

Still though, the Quartz battery life is good enough that I can go all day long without running out of life,
    even with brightness maxed out, as long as I am not playing on it too much.
    I never use mine for things like gaming, texting, or browsing social media though.
    Sometimes for music, but that's not every day.

You are right that I had to turn the brightness to max when I am outside. And with the max setting, I can last almost full day where I just use it for notification and tell times.

One thing to note is that battery life also depends on the watch face you uses too. I found that using the stock watch face tends to give me more battery life and like most AMOLED screen, black background also would help too.

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Battery life depends on watch face, brightness, signal, calls, and how much you interact and have the watch lit up overall. I've noticed some watch faces give me terrible battery life while others give me fantastic battery life. No matter what I usually get through a day with plenty of juice to spare.

I also use mine with brightness set to 2 the majority of the time and only increase it to max when outdoors using the shortuct with the Bubble Wear Launcher. I also disable cellular the majority of the time because I find it useless and it just drains your battery.

Using it for reminders is great but I have mine pop up on the watch ok. I don't use them as much as I used to though.

• schwartzasherschwartzasher United StatesPosts: 185 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I use mine for media control and responding to texts