Statusbar Notification Icons Disappeared

Ron999Ron999 aPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

Help! My statusbar notification icons (the ones on the left of the statusbar) have disappeared and been replaced by a rectangular icon and a number (which is the the number of notifications). I know this is normal if there is not enough room for the icons, but it is happening constantly, even when there is only 1 notification and there is plenty of room in the status bar. I searched the board and found a similar question posted on January 27, 2017 ("Axon 7 Notifications"). The solution involved deselecting an option for "only display number of notifications" in the quick settings screen or edit quick settings screen. However, I do not see that option anywhere on my quick settings screen or edit quick settings screen! I am running build A2017UV1.1.0B19, if that matters.

Best Answer

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hi @Ron999
    To you need to disable "show only quantity on status" under Display setting.

Answers

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

You are behind on software version. Try updating. Does the issue remain after a reboot?

• Ron999Ron999 aPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

Thank you DrakenFX, that was the answer! I did look through the settings before posting my question, including the display page but somehow did not "see" that option. No idea how it ever got set. (?)

Thanks also jasoncarter. Yes, I know I am 2 versions behind. I am rooted so updating is a little more involved, haven't gotten around to it yet. Also with the latest wifi exploit (KRACK) not sure if I should go with the latest stock or Lineage?