Sleeper phone of the year 2017, must read!

Dconn1975Dconn1975 MississippiPosts: 131 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 17, 2017 3:20AM in Axon (A1P & Axon 7)

Respond to this post of you own a Axon 7 Mini if you will. I'm curious as to how many of you owners are out there. If you have one then it's 100 percent safe to say you indeed have the sleeper phone of the year 2017. Think about it when you pick your phone up next time. Check out the build quality. The high end all metal no plastic premium build. Then go to YouTube and take a listen to your favorite song or watch your favorite movie or something. The speakers are nothing short of amazing. Then go to your browser and check out the speed of the 617 processor in this phone. It's plenty fast and zippy. In fact I've not experienced any lag in my Axon 7 Mini at all. Then open your camera up and take a few photos. They are crisp. They are clear. The shutter is fast. It's 16 megapixels strong. Then take a look at the amoled display. Check out how punchy and vibrant the colors are on this device. The resolution is sharp, crisp and clear even though it being 1080p it's full HD Amoled. Have I left anything out on this phone. If I have please feel free to add to my post more features about this phone as I want to see what I've left out that is important in what makes a phone good and not average. So with that said we us owners of this phone the Axon 7 Mini get all of the above mentioned for only $199. Taking all of that into account there is no other phone on the market that comes close to what you get with a Axon 7 Mini for the money you spend. I mean what other phone on the current market gives you top notch features some being flagship level such as the build and speakers that you can easily compare price wise to the Axon 7 Mini? I buy and sell a ton of phones. I mean a lot. I know for a fact that why this phone has not simply flown off the shelves is merely the fact that it's actually priced so low that most mobile phone consumers have written this phone off to be cheap and on par with that of of other sub 200 dollar phones which if you think about it, if you have not picked up this phone and held it, listened to it, browsed through web with it and take pictures with it you'd automatically think that you get what you pay for. So in fact this phone has been widely written off by even the major professional writers, big time YouTubers, to be that of a cheap $199 phone. Well they are right about it being cheap but they have omitted the most important thing. User quality. There is simply not another phone for this price that gives you anything near what the Axon 7 Mini gives you. I mean it's become my daily driver. For me to say that means something because I do go through just that many phones. Will it become my back up phone to my newest phone I have coming? Well yes, but that phone will have a 820 processor and was once a $700 dollar phone upon it's initial release meaning it was a flagship phone in 2016. What I'm saying is that there is a reason all of us Axon 7 Mini owners still have this phone and still use it on it on a daily basis. You get an upper level mid ranger device for the price of a very low tiered phone in today's current market standards. Look at the regular Axon 7 for example. That phone is flagship in every since of the word but you only pay $399 for it. That's the price of a decent mid ranger in itself right there. My conclusion is that most consumers and even professional writers which by the way I can do much better than most of them have simply written the Axon 7 Mini off to being portayed to that of in which the price would lead one to believe it is. Which is cheap. That can be the only reason this phone never took off. In fact it's the only reason. You know most people think they can put a price on everything meaning if you spend cheaply then you in turn buy cheaply meaning you get a cheap product. I'll be honest. This phone would have sold better had ZTE left the price at $299 because right then and there people automatically would have placed this phone in another category being a step up above cheap. To the professional writers, what's wrong in today's market that a company can produce quality and the consumer actually get a good deal as opposed to the price being the very means to a product being worthy or not. Simply put Axon 7 Mini owners out there we got what you call a good deal. What a nice breath of fresh air in such a greed filled industry we are in. My hats off to ZTE for going against the grain and offering a high level quality product at a below market value price which equals nothing more than a what is called a good deal. So in ending this post the Axon 7 Mini is by far and away the sleeper phone of 2017. To those consumers and writers who stuck their nose up to the $199 price tag, well shame on you for not doing the least bit of homework and research when only to look at a phones worth by it's price tag. This is the society we live in today. Writers included. Just because a phone is selling for $199 does not always mean it's made of cheap plastic and poor quality build. Sadly though majority of consumers and professional writers have simply done that here and wow did they get it entirely all wrong. This is the best and well made phone that $199 can buy and to those those that think just because it's $199 it's worthless, there is not a piece of plastic on this phone. The speakers are the best you can get in the industry. The processor is that of a mid range phone which that's what the Axon 7 Mini is. The 1080p amoled display cones both on mid range and flagship phones. There is just not any other way around the fact that majority of the market got it totally wrong on this phone. Pick this phone up and use it for a few weeks and then read my article again and tell me that price is everything and the quality of a product basically means nothing. I think by far and away this is the best mid range phone on the market for this price and that my friends is a absolute fact. Thank you for reading. Respond if I've missed anything or if you'd like to add anything here. I'm sure I've missed some things so definitely feel free to add your comments and thoughts to this post.

Comments

• Dconn1975Dconn1975 MississippiPosts: 131 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:
    Respond to this post of you own a Axon 7 Mini if you will. I'm curious as to how many of you owners are out there. If you have one then it's 100 percent safe to say you indeed have the sleeper phone of the year 2017. Think about it when you pick your phone up next time. Check out the build quality. The high end all metal no plastic premium build. Then go to YouTube and take a listen to your favorite song or watch your favorite movie or something. The speakers are nothing short of amazing. Then go to your browser and check out the speed of the 617 processor in this phone. It's plenty fast and zippy. In fact I've not experienced any lag in my Axon 7 Mini at all. Then open your camera up and take a few photos. They are crisp. They are clear. The shutter is fast. It's 16 megapixels strong. Then take a look at the amoled display. Check out how punchy the and vibrant the colors are. The resolution is sharp, crisp and clear even though it being 1080p it's HAD Amoled. Have I left anything out on this phone. If I have please feel free to add to my post more features about this phone as I want to see what I've left out that is important in what makes a phone good and not average. So with that said we us owners of this phone the Axon 7 Mini get all of the above mentioned for only $199. Taking all of that into account there is no other phone on the market that comes close to what you get with a Axon 7 Mini for the money you spend. I mean what other phone on the current market gives you top notch features some being flagship level such as the build and speakers that you can easily compare price wise to the Axon 7 Mini? I buy and sell a ton of phones. I mean a lot. I know for a fact that why this phone has not simply flown off the shelves is merely the fact that it's actually priced so low that most mobile phone consumers have written this phone off to be cheap and on par with that of of other sub 200 dollar phones which if you think about it, if you have not picked up this phone and held it, listened to it, browsed through web with it and take pictures with it you'd automatically think that you get what you pay for. So in fact this phone has been widely written off by even the major phone article companies to be that of a cheap $199 phone. Well they are right about it being cheap but they have omitted the most important thing. User quality. There is simply not another phone for this price that gives you anything near what the Axon 7 Mini gives you. I mean it's become my daily driver. For me to say that means something because I do go through just that many phones. Will it become my back up phone to my newest phone I have coming? Well yes, but that phone will have a 820 processor and was once a $700 dollar phone upon it's initial release meaning it was a flagship phone in 2016. What I'm saying is that there is a reason all of us Axon 7 Mini owners still have this phone and still use it on it on a daily basis. You get an upper level mid ranger device for the price of a very low tiered phone in today's current market standards. Look at the regular Axon 7 for example. That phone is flagship in every since of the word but you only pay $399 for it. That's the price of a decent mid ranger in itself right there. My conclusion is that most consumers and even professional writers which by the way I can do much better than most of them have simply written the Axon 7 Mini off to being portayed to that of in which the price would lead one to believe it is. Which is cheap. That can be the only reason this phone never took off. In fact it's the only reason. You know most people think they can put a price on everything meaning if you spend cheaply then you in turn buy cheaply meaning you get a cheap product. I'll be honest. This phone would have sold better had ZTE left the price at $299 because right then and there people automatically would have placed this phone in another category being a step up above cheap. To the professional writers, what's wrong in today's market that a company can produce quality and the consumer actually get a good deal as opposed to the price being the very means to a product being worthy or not. Simply put Axon 7 Mini owners out there we got what you call a good deal. What a nice breath of fresh air in such a greed filled industry we are in. My hats off to ZTE for going against the grain and offering a high level quality product at a below market value price which equals nothing more than a what is called a good deal. So in ending this post the Axon 7 Mini is by far and away the sleeper phone of 2017. To those consumers and writers who stuck their nose up to the $199 price tag, well shame on you for not doing the least bit of homework and research when only to look at a phones worth by it's price tag. This is the society we live in today. Writers included. Just because a phone is selling for $199 does not always mean it's made of cheap plastic and poor quality build. Sadly though majority of consumers and professional writers have simply done that here and wow did they get it entirely all wrong. This is the best and well made phone that $199 can buy and to those those that think just because it's $199 it's worthless, there is not a piece of plastic on this phone. The speakers are the best you can get in the idustfy. The processor is that of a mid range phone which that's what the Axon 7 Mini is. The 1080p amoked display cones both on mid range and flagship phones. There is just not any other way around the fact that majority of the market got it totally wrong on this phone. Pick this phone up and use it for a few weeks and then read my article again and tell me that price is everything and the quality of a product basically means nothing. I think by far and away this is the best mid range phone on the market for this price and that my friends is a absolute fact. Thank you for reading. Respond if I've missed anything or if you'd like to add anything here. I'm sure I've missed some things so definitely feel free to add your comments and thoughts to this post.

@Dconn1975 ZTE should hire you. What you said would have been that much more impressive if only you didn't say that the Mini is soon to become your backup phone. :D

Well I tend to speak the truth. Lol. Yeah I just got a killer deal on a Sony Xperia X Performance which was Sony's 2016 flagship phone but I only paid $215 for it. 820 processor. Fingerprint sensor on the side of the phone very different. 5 inch display perfect size to me. I mail was using it as an example to show that sure the axon 7 mini can be best but by only a high end flagship which to be home I'm not even sure I'm going to fully like yet. Maybe ZTE will see my article and post a comment on their unbelievable upper mid range smart phone that they only sold for $199. What a great deal and yeah I've won a couple of awards over on Android central for my posts or articles. I just felt like people especially the stuck up writers needed to know that this phone is not just a 199 phone but it's more than just price here. It's a an upper end mid range smart phone that can compete with any other upper end mid range smart phone ecxeot ZTE decided to sell theirs at 199 and not 399. This phone could easily pass as a 350 dollar phone on any day of the year. The proof is in the pudding here. All these writers have to do is actually use the product instead of writing if that's what they call it after reading the specs of the phone then actually thinking they will sit down and right a real article. Give me a break. My article was real. My article originated directly from the Axon 7 Mini itself. Yeah ZTE please chime in. If be rather curious of what you had to say.

Please excuse any typos as I posted this late at night and off the top of my head without really much thought so I flew through it. I'm sure I messed up somewhere in there as I still haven't proofed it yet but more so the article gives you an overall idea of where I was going with what you get with a product such as the Axon 7 Mini from ZTE. I will say after writing this I now really want to one day soon get my hands on the regular Axon 7 but the last time I checked ZTE was sold out. Is this still the case and if do where is the next best place to get one in Platinum silver. I can't do the gold in any phone no matter how good the price is lol. Originally I had purchased the gold axon 7 mini from Best buy and I took it back the very next morning. I just could not get past the gold color so then I ordered mine from Amazon but in the color I wanted. The Platinum silver is much more my style and to my liking. I guess color really does make a difference lol.

• gweeper64gweeper64 United StatesPosts: 248 ✭✭✭✭✭

No arguments here. Still 100% happy with my mini. I'm hoping ZTE will keep giving us periodic security updates on a regular basis for at least another year. Not expecting an Oreo update as long as we get Nougat patches.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:
    Respond to this post of you own a Axon 7 Mini if you will. I'm curious as to how many of you owners are out there. If you have one then it's 100 percent safe to say you indeed have the sleeper phone of the year 2017. Think about it when you pick your phone up next time. Check out the build quality. The high end all metal no plastic premium build. Then go to YouTube and take a listen to your favorite song or watch your favorite movie or something. The speakers are nothing short of amazing. Then go to your browser and check out the speed of the 617 processor in this phone. It's plenty fast and zippy. In fact I've not experienced any lag in my Axon 7 Mini at all. Then open your camera up and take a few photos. They are crisp. They are clear. The shutter is fast. It's 16 megapixels strong. Then take a look at the amoled display. Check out how punchy the and vibrant the colors are. The resolution is sharp, crisp and clear even though it being 1080p it's HAD Amoled. Have I left anything out on this phone. If I have please feel free to add to my post more features about this phone as I want to see what I've left out that is important in what makes a phone good and not average. So with that said we us owners of this phone the Axon 7 Mini get all of the above mentioned for only $199. Taking all of that into account there is no other phone on the market that comes close to what you get with a Axon 7 Mini for the money you spend. I mean what other phone on the current market gives you top notch features some being flagship level such as the build and speakers that you can easily compare price wise to the Axon 7 Mini? I buy and sell a ton of phones. I mean a lot. I know for a fact that why this phone has not simply flown off the shelves is merely the fact that it's actually priced so low that most mobile phone consumers have written this phone off to be cheap and on par with that of of other sub 200 dollar phones which if you think about it, if you have not picked up this phone and held it, listened to it, browsed through web with it and take pictures with it you'd automatically think that you get what you pay for. So in fact this phone has been widely written off by even the major phone article companies to be that of a cheap $199 phone. Well they are right about it being cheap but they have omitted the most important thing. User quality. There is simply not another phone for this price that gives you anything near what the Axon 7 Mini gives you. I mean it's become my daily driver. For me to say that means something because I do go through just that many phones. Will it become my back up phone to my newest phone I have coming? Well yes, but that phone will have a 820 processor and was once a $700 dollar phone upon it's initial release meaning it was a flagship phone in 2016. What I'm saying is that there is a reason all of us Axon 7 Mini owners still have this phone and still use it on it on a daily basis. You get an upper level mid ranger device for the price of a very low tiered phone in today's current market standards. Look at the regular Axon 7 for example. That phone is flagship in every since of the word but you only pay $399 for it. That's the price of a decent mid ranger in itself right there. My conclusion is that most consumers and even professional writers which by the way I can do much better than most of them have simply written the Axon 7 Mini off to being portayed to that of in which the price would lead one to believe it is. Which is cheap. That can be the only reason this phone never took off. In fact it's the only reason. You know most people think they can put a price on everything meaning if you spend cheaply then you in turn buy cheaply meaning you get a cheap product. I'll be honest. This phone would have sold better had ZTE left the price at $299 because right then and there people automatically would have placed this phone in another category being a step up above cheap. To the professional writers, what's wrong in today's market that a company can produce quality and the consumer actually get a good deal as opposed to the price being the very means to a product being worthy or not. Simply put Axon 7 Mini owners out there we got what you call a good deal. What a nice breath of fresh air in such a greed filled industry we are in. My hats off to ZTE for going against the grain and offering a high level quality product at a below market value price which equals nothing more than a what is called a good deal. So in ending this post the Axon 7 Mini is by far and away the sleeper phone of 2017. To those consumers and writers who stuck their nose up to the $199 price tag, well shame on you for not doing the least bit of homework and research when only to look at a phones worth by it's price tag. This is the society we live in today. Writers included. Just because a phone is selling for $199 does not always mean it's made of cheap plastic and poor quality build. Sadly though majority of consumers and professional writers have simply done that here and wow did they get it entirely all wrong. This is the best and well made phone that $199 can buy and to those those that think just because it's $199 it's worthless, there is not a piece of plastic on this phone. The speakers are the best you can get in the idustfy. The processor is that of a mid range phone which that's what the Axon 7 Mini is. The 1080p amoked display cones both on mid range and flagship phones. There is just not any other way around the fact that majority of the market got it totally wrong on this phone. Pick this phone up and use it for a few weeks and then read my article again and tell me that price is everything and the quality of a product basically means nothing. I think by far and away this is the best mid range phone on the market for this price and that my friends is a absolute fact. Thank you for reading. Respond if I've missed anything or if you'd like to add anything here. I'm sure I've missed some things so definitely feel free to add your comments and thoughts to this post.

@Dconn1975 ZTE should hire you. What you said would have been that much more impressive if only you didn't say that the Mini is soon to become your backup phone. :D

Well I tend to speak the truth. Lol. Yeah I just got a killer deal on a Sony Xperia X Performance which was Sony's 2016 flagship phone but I only paid $215 for it. 820 processor. Fingerprint sensor on the side of the phone very different. 5 inch display perfect size to me. I mail was using it as an example to show that sure the axon 7 mini can be best but by only a high end flagship which to be home I'm not even sure I'm going to fully like yet. Maybe ZTE will see my article and post a comment on their unbelievable upper mid range smart phone that they only sold for $199. What a great deal and yeah I've won a couple of awards over on Android central for my posts or articles. I just felt like people especially the stuck up writers needed to know that this phone is not just a 199 phone but it's more than just price here. It's a an upper end mid range smart phone that can compete with any other upper end mid range smart phone ecxeot ZTE decided to sell theirs at 199 and not 399. This phone could easily pass as a 350 dollar phone on any day of the year. The proof is in the pudding here. All these writers have to do is actually use the product instead of writing if that's what they call it after reading the specs of the phone then actually thinking they will sit down and right a real article. Give me a break. My article was real. My article originated directly from the Axon 7 Mini itself. Yeah ZTE please chime in. If be rather curious of what you had to say.

@Dconn1975 I would expect ZTE to say that they're proud of the Mini. What else could they say?

I don't know but it would be cool to hear from them I think. I wished they would send me an Axon 7 so I could write a mini review on it too lol. I have been wanting to get one of those pretty bad ever since I got my axon 7 mini.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

@Dconn1975 I would expect ZTE to say that they're proud of the Mini. What else could they say?

Plus it would be cool to see ZTE interact with us consumers. That would probably be the coolest thing. I'm sure what ever they said would be good though.

@gweeper64 said:
    No arguments here. Still 100% happy with my mini. I'm hoping ZTE will keep giving us periodic security updates on a regular basis for at least another year. Not expecting an Oreo update as long as we get Nougat patches.

You don't think we will see Oreo on the Mini? I was sure hoping we'd at least get Oreo I thought. Anyone heard differently about that?

I figured there were more axon 7 mini owners out there that would respond to this post. I guess this phone really just didn't sell for some odd reason. Maybe it sat between good and cheap too much I don't know. I just know it's been a rock solid device that has a high end premium build with the best speakers on the market. You just get so much phone for $199 in the axon 7 mini. Now I really want to try the Axon 7. ZTE if you read my post, please send me a Axon 7 to use and I'll post write ups on every forum I'm a member of if you send me one to test!!! I have been dying for one ever since I purchased the axon 7 mini now.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

There is a few of us on the community that own the mini as well @hollap and myself are 2 that I know of. The Mini is definitely one of my favorite devices. I havnt had any major issues and the software handles likes a dream. The sound on it is even just as good as my Axon 7 which cost twice that price.

@musicdjm said:
    There is a few of us on the community that own the mini as well @hollap and myself are 2 that I know of. The Mini is definitely one of my favorite devices. I havnt had any major issues and the software handles likes a dream. The sound on it is even just as good as my Axon 7 which cost twice that price.

I really want to try out an Axon 7 now. The mini is great but I can only imagine the 7 to be awesome with that screen resolution and the 820 processor. Hopefully in the near future I'll have a chance to get one before they all sale out. Right now Amazon is the only place I can find one but they've got it at $459.99 which is 60 dollars over the retail price for some reason.

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Both axon 7 and 7 mini are great device. I think you really. Annoy get better phone than either one of those 2 at their price. So happy to see others feedback and their experience with the device

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Dconn1975 said:

@musicdjm said:

I really want to try out an Axon 7 now. The mini is great but I can only imagine the 7 to be awesome with that screen resolution and the 820 processor. Hopefully in the near future I'll have a chance to get one before they all sale out. Right now Amazon is the only place I can find one but they've got it at $459.99 which is 60 dollars over the retail price for some reason.

@Dconn1975 there is a brand new Axon 7 for sale on eBay for $359 right now.

Oh that's a good deal. If only I had the cash right now. I just bought a Sony Xperia X Performance which was Sony's flagship phone for 2016 at a really price. Now I'm wishing I would have gotten a axon 7 instead now. I'm still excited to get my Sony as it arrives today but yeah I definitely want a Axon 7 now. Badly.

• smh032395smh032395 Posts: 268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The mini is the Axon 7's little brother it can't outshine it but it can shine with it! I own the regular Axon 7 but im gonna be buying the mini soon as a back up. I definitely fell in love with the ZTE brand as soon as I got my 7. Great speakers, design, and specs all combined with a low price of only 400$ (350$ bought mine on Newegg) it's honestly hard to find a better deal. Did the Axon have issues when it first hit the market? Yes definitely but you tell me what flagship phone didn't!!! Concerning the Oreo update I think the Axon 7 will get it for sure but it will probably be the last big update... Sadly I'm not too sure about the mini but keep your hopes up because who knows!!! Go axon woo

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, but I was on vacation for a bit. Yes the Mini is a great device for sure. Of all the ZTE products I have, the Mini has given me the fewest problems both hardware and software wise. I've ALWAYS been able to count on it. Sounds every bit as good as the Axon 7, great Amoled screen, nice size factor, was updated from MM to Nougat, and just received new security patch. Camera is above average, which is fine for me. A great all around device for someone on a budget who wants an upscale look and feel.

I agree guys. You do get so much phone for the money with the axon 7 mini. Oh my deal with the Sony fell through and now I've got my eyes on an Axon 7 used on swappa. I keep you guys updated whether I get it or not but if I do I'll have a matching pair of phones. The axon 7 mini and the Axon 7. This one is in gold which was I'm not a fan of but it comes complete with box and contents. That's why I'm after it only.

• smiledogsmiledog usaPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

I bought 2 Axon 7 Mini's 1 for the wife, 1 for me. The wife just needs a phone and a camera. I on the other hand need most of the features. My truck is my office, I can stream audio without any problems, Bluetooth calling is giving me a lot of trouble. I could use any advise I can get.

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

What kind of issues are you having with BT calling?

• ladyhazyladyhazy United KingdomPosts: 71 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just chiming in to say that I'm also a proud Axon 7 Mini owner and I agree with your post. It's a little beauty (especially in silver), which oozes quality with its materials, speakers, and amoled screen. The processor isn't the best, but I've never had a problem with lag either, though it sometimes gets a little hot when playing games. It's recently been updated to Nougat (none of my friends or family are yet on Nougat in the UK) and I look forward to the glorious lock screen images ZTE push every week. I've had this device for a year now, and I'm still very happy with it -- those who know me are probably fed up of me raving about it tbh. The only improvements I'd like to see are a system-wide dark theme (which would save battery), and the ability to control the notification LED, so you could have notifications in any colour you wish. That's the one thing I miss about my Nexus 4, but the Mini is by far the best phone I've owned.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

A friend if mine owns a mini. Got it last Christmas and loves it!

• ladyhazyladyhazy United KingdomPosts: 71 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @jimlloyd40. I've got Apex Launcher installed, and have enabled dark themes wherever possible. It would be great if ZTE allowed the system settings / dialler / notifications to display in a dark theme too.

• gweeper64gweeper64 United StatesPosts: 248 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dconn1975 said:

@gweeper64 said:

You don't think we will see Oreo on the Mini? I was sure hoping we'd at least get Oreo I thought. Anyone heard differently about that?

The phone was introduced a year ago (slightly under). It already got one major update from Marshmallow to Nougat. At the price point it is at, I wouldn't expect a second major version upgrade. But, I would love to be pleasantly surprised!