New Message Indicator

reesahreesah United StatesPosts: 9 ✭✭✭
edited October 21, 2017 9:49PM in MAX XL

Recently the Message icon has been showing I have 2 new msgs, but actually I ** Do Not ** have any unread messages. Can someone tell me why this is happening & how can I fix it?

Answers

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would try going into the app settings and find the messaging app info, go into the storage section of that app and try clearing the cache. You can also try booting the device to the recovery menu and clearing the cache partition there.
    Let us know if helps.

• teraclipseteraclipse SA, TXPosts: 5 ✭✭✭

I have been having the same issue for about a month now. I have cleared the cache however it still says I have unread messages. I have even cleared out messages and still it is not resolved

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@reesah said:
    Recently the Message icon has been showing I have 2 new msgs, but actually I ** Do Not ** have any unread messages. Can someone tell me why this is happening & how can I fix it?

@teraclipse said:
    I have been having the same issue for about a month now. I have cleared the cache however it still says I have unread messages. I have even cleared out messages and still it is not resolved

Does that model of phone even have app badge reminders, or are they generated by a 3rd party app or launcher?
    I use Nova Launcher to get badge reminders on my phone. Perhaps the issue is with your 3rd party launcher, if you are using one.

• teraclipseteraclipse SA, TXPosts: 5 ✭✭✭

@DoppelgangerD

I use Nova Launcher to get badge reminders on my phone. Perhaps the issue is with your 3rd party launcher, if you are using one.

-No I do not use a 3rd party launcher

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,602 mod

Good Evening. I have a different device, but I have noticed that my voicemail, and sms text notifications don't go away or clear off if I am roaming. I will have to go into my voicemail and messages to clear notifications when I am better connected.

• IHS5452IHS5452 United StatesPosts: 12 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you checked your archive messages? go into the messages app > tap on the 3 dots on the right side of the screen > click "Archived".