Root & Nougat update for Zmax Pro

berzerker417berzerker417 Posts: 1 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 18, 2017 8:11AM in ZMAX

_How in the *** do we not hwve a definitive answer about w-en or if Nougat is coming to the Pro? How in the *** do we know if we can root this phone if at all. I look at these forums n see nothing but people **** and complaining. Just wondering witch ******* is gonna stand up, grab his **** and crack this phone. If we could root it who gives a **** when or if we get the Nougat update.

Comments

• keithisreal2013keithisreal2013 Austin, TexasPosts: 177 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just remember it's not always about the oem. You have to remember that the phone carrier could have a say in this as well.

• keithisreal2013keithisreal2013 Austin, TexasPosts: 177 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

My comment was in reference to the first comment about getting Android N.

• asianrockerasianrocker ILPosts: 243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2017 1:49PM

This is over a year old phone full of bugs. It would really be nice for ZTE to unlock the freaking bootloader already so the poor owners of this buggy phone can put the new android system as much as they want.

I have had a lot of problems with this sh-tty phone but I stuck by it. MY husband recently change to a new phone and I did not change my phone even if I can. We usually change our phones at the same time.

Yes ZTE I stuck with this sh-tty phone mainly coz it has a big screen and a VR. If you unlock the bootloader already then maybe you will be in for a rude awakening that this phone really has a lot of potential that you unfortunately deny us, suckers,, err,, poor zmax pro owners.

By the way, why the F should I download EVERY single text I received? ONLY this sh-tty phone people. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

I never on all my phones have to have my data on to receive freaking texts let alone download every single one of them. THe F. Ugh.

Went back to stock. I did try textra and android messenger which I know you will recommend. What do you use? Do you have to have data on to receive text or have to download text?

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,694 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2017 3:53PM

@asianrocker said:
    Went back to stock. I did try textra and android messenger which I know you will recommend. What do you use? Do you have to have data on to receive text or have to download text?

Are you referring to **Group **Text or individual (one to one person) text?

Group Text come through as an mms so they require data

Group text. But why do I have to download them? Why can't they come through automatically after I turn data on? Sooo weird.

• Tcgardner1982Tcgardner1982 TcgardnerPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭✭

For above commenters, the Zmax Pro was sold at a Budget price but is not a Budget type phone persay! It has massive potential and has the equivalent of a 3 year old flagship! It's a beast in performance and people, you need to learn how to utilize this device to work, for you ! Mine is a year old and still runs buttery smooth , good cameras that I usually get comments on thinking it's from a higher quality camera ,if you know how to use it right! I still get 5 to 7 hours of "SOT" ! Only complaint is lack of Nougat update but the bootloader can be unlocked and very easily at that. 1. In the settings menu you can unlock 2. Call MetroPCS and have them unlock after 90 days of ownership! Not that damn complicated! There is NO OTHER PHONE THIS POWERFUL AND MORE POTENTIAL TO BE HAD IN THE WORLD AT THIS PRICE POINT ! It wasn't priced at that mark for build quality or internals but to promote and sell to undercut the competition to be recognized and taken full notice of! Truth!! I've wanted to find flaws and problems but I really can't! It's solid and a performer in all aspects ,even gaming on Mortal Kombat X didn't slow it down a bit! That's impressive! Screen is bright ,vibrant and responsive! I heard people talking in the beginning about being "washed out and dull"! ****, compared to what? Anyways I am actually proud of this phone to own directly after owning the Samsung Note 5, LG G4 , iPhone 6 and it hangs with those bad asses all day long and sometimes outperforms them! It's not the greatest thing ever but it sure is the best buy of last 5 years to get damn flagship specs in a higher mid tier level , in a low budget phone price category! Peace and thanks if you read this far! Needless to say I am passionate about my gadgets and tech and don't waste my time with **** products and their "fake" marketing scams!

• xFR35H_J1V3xxFR35H_J1V3x WAPosts: 7 ✭✭✭✭✭

@berzerker417 said:
    _How in the *** do we not hwve a definitive answer about w-en or if Nougat is coming to the Pro? How in the *** do we know if we can root this phone if at all. I look at these forums n see nothing but people **** and complaining. Just wondering witch ******* is gonna stand up, grab his **** and crack this phone. If we could root it who gives a **** when or if we get the Nougat update.

Just wrote in another post about rooting... You can try this (haven't actually done it myself but it's worth a shot.)

Seems the reason we can't Root the ZMX Pro is due to the locked Bootloader? If that's in fact the only setback, how you unlock it is as follows:
    Settings>About Phone> scroll down to Build number & tap on it I believe 7 times to unlock the Developer Options menu (after the 7th tap it should tell you "you're now a Dev"...)
    Next go back to Settings>right above About Phone the Dev Options should now appear (if you followed the steps correctly)
    Through this menu scroll down to OEM unlock (unlocks Bootloader) *Bewares! Many options in this menu can f up/brick your phone so use at your own risk...
    So after you've successfully unlocked the Bootloader, in theory, you should then be able to take the normal routes to Root -hehe- i.e. KingRoot, etc. (If a locked Bootloader was the only setback that is) let me know if you decide to test those waters mang, good luck!

• telyxtelyx Posts: 29 ✭✭✭✭✭

That doesn't actually unlock the bootloader. In phones that aren't as locked down as most ZTE phones, it allows bootloader unlocking via Fastboot ("fastboot oem unlock") command. It doesn't work with the ZMAX Pro.

• xFR35H_J1V3xxFR35H_J1V3x WAPosts: 7 ✭✭✭✭✭

@telyx said:
    That doesn't actually unlock the bootloader. In phones that aren't as locked down as most ZTE phones, it allows bootloader unlocking via Fastboot ("fastboot oem unlock") command. It doesn't work with the ZMAX Pro.

Glad that was cleared up, thanks @telyx.

• uRdaBesteuRdaBeste Stockton, CA 95206Posts: 1 ✭✭

Calm down dude. Nougat will not be pushed to the zmax pro. The z blade max is the second gen of the pro and has nougat. Zte tends to stop support around B20 or so. Enjoy the phone for what it is. It's fast, has he display, and is full stock. They don't want others destroying a perfectly good phone. If you want root, get a Samsung. If you want nougat, upgrade to the z blade like I did. It out performs my Galaxy S6. Dual cameras, fast charge 3.0, and has a good processor.