Questions on new Maven 3 Z835

2»

Comments

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Actually @conflustered what you need for the Maven 3 is a micro usb connector, not mini. Micro and mini are different types of connectors.

This would be an example:
    https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-PowerHouse-Charge-Samsung-Compatible/dp/B00D8OI5MU/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1508788922&sr=1-1&keywords=microusb+dock

• ConflusteredConflustered USPosts: 24 ✭✭✭✭

Might look into that. For right now I made one that will do the job and hold me over. Maybe I'll but myself a Holiday gift. ;-)

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds good. Glad you can do something DIY :)

Calendar Event notifications do not alert when the device is in sleep mode. They DO alert when device is awake. I have all the settings I can find set that should allow this including Override Do Not Disturb.

What am I missing? I'd even be willing to disable sleep mode but I can't find a way to do that. I only see a maximum period of 30 minutes of inactivity.

@jimlloyd40 said:

Am I understanding that you would prefer your screen to be on all the time?

No.

I would prefer that the Calendar sound the alert tone whether the screen is on or not, just like the email does and the phone ringer and voice mail alert does.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Conflustered you must not be using the Google calendar because it has a setting to use a tone and or vibrate for calendar events.

I'm not sure why people keep referring to third party utilities when I ask about system installed utilities. I understand the OS is created by G, but why does everyone automatically defer to their other projects when asking how to use something that came with a ZTE product?

I'm using the pre-installed calendar. The one ZTE provides. This is a ZTE forum, so I'd appreciate it if people would respond with information on things provided by ZTE.

I have the event Reminder notifications set to sound and vibrate 10 minutes ahead. They work fine when the screen is on. They do NOT work when the screen is off even though other sounds and notifications do. Can some one explain why this ZTE provided product is acting this way and if there is anything I can do to change it?

This behavior does not happen on my other ZTE product (Paragon). It notifies while the screen is off. Calendar reminders 'wake' the device and screen. How can I get my Maven to do that?

edited November 23, 2017 8:59AM

People that don't represent ZTE or that don't have the product or know anything about it probably should not be trying to answer questions about it.

Now, is there anyone here that DOES know how to answer the question?