Is anybody using Lycamobile on the ZTE Axon 7 A2017U (USA)? If so how's the service?

smh032395smh032395 Posts: 268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm an A7 user like everyone else and I'm wanting to check out Lycamobile! I saw some great deals but before I switch I wanna know how was anyone and everyone else's experience? How's there service? Dropped calls, texting, data, etc,. Thank you for your responses!!!

Best Answers

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I have not used their service, but from a technical standpoint, they seem to be a standard GSM network.
    Here is their coverage map http://www.lycamobile.us/en/coverage-map

They seem to run on the T-Mobile network in the US, though from user reports that I have seen, it seems that their lower prices come at the cost of lower priorities on the cell towers and lower data caps, thus you can be on the same tower and band as a t-mobile customer, and the t-mobile customer will get 50Mbps while you may only get 2-5Mbps.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,602 mod
    Accepted Answer

@smh032395 Good Evening. I am currently using Lycamobile with my Axon7, as well as switching it between a couple other ZTE devices. I have not had any issues. You will need to manually enter in the APN settings, it is very easy and if you buy the prepaid SIM from Amazon, the pack comes with very detailed instructions (but you can also come back here and mention me.) I was buying the $29 SIM for 2months unlimited plan, but switched to the $23 and there is no difference other than price that I can see. I buy these for my whole family, it is way cheaper than StraightTalk and it doesn't throttle me down when I hit a specific cap. The only issue I have had is having to select a network sometimes if I go to far into the woods. Usually selecting Lycamobile, or T-mobile and its good to go.

Answers

• smh032395smh032395 Posts: 268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @razor512 for your response and thank you @ironbaybeedoll for yours as well @ironbaybeedoll what are the typical speeds that you get with Lycamobile if I may ask?

• theshriketheshrike CaliforniaPosts: 37 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check out mintsim.com. if you don't mind paying for a three months to a year of service at a time it's less money for more data. It uses TMobile network also. I did the the three month intro deal first and then did one year. You can try it and get unlimited talk, text and data with the first 2gb at 4g speeds for $15 a month.

• smh032395smh032395 Posts: 268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@theshrike I've used them already I do like them but I wanted to give these Lycamobile guys a chance if they suck I'll be going back to mint but I paid $29.40 (originally $35) for the SIM that comes with unlimited talk text and data at 6GB high speed Lte then throttled to 2g speeds at 128kb but if they suck then yes I'll be going back to mint Sim but I'll have to do the 5gig year plan