Settings Stopped When Trying to Open Updates

adampeppadampepp PennsylvaniaPosts: 1
edited October 23, 2017 8:39PM in Blade V8 PRO

Hi,

Update 10/23/17 - I found the answer right after I posted this. Please delete the post. As it turns out, the "SystemUpdates" app that magically showed up in Google Play one day disabled because I thought it was some sort of malware, and I wasn't able to uninstall it. So turns out it was important after all..

I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer to this one. I have the January 2017 security update on my ZTE blade pro v8. I see from another thread there is a Sep/Oct update to fix the facebook issue. The problem is, when I click on "update" in settings, I get the settings has stopped error. I've tried wiping the cache partition, and so far "updates" is the only one that crashes. I have about 4.5 gb free space in memory.

I am not really keen on doing another factory reset since I just had to do it because of the infinite boot loop problem.

Any ideas how to fix this? Software info below.
Thank you so much.

Android patch level Jan 1, 2017
Kernel version 3.18.24
Build number Z978V1.0.0B19

Best Answer

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,733 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@adampepp said:
    Hi,

Update 10/23/17 - I found the answer right after I posted this. Please delete the post. As it turns out, the "SystemUpdates" app that magically showed up in Google Play one day disabled because I thought it was some sort of malware, and I wasn't able to uninstall it. So turns out it was important after all..

I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer to this one. I have the January 2017 security update on my ZTE blade pro v8. I see from another thread there is a Sep/Oct update to fix the facebook issue. The problem is, when I click on "update" in settings, I get the settings has stopped error. I've tried wiping the cache partition, and so far "updates" is the only one that crashes. I have about 4.5 gb free space in memory.

I am not really keen on doing another factory reset since I just had to do it because of the infinite boot loop problem.

Thank you so much.

Kernel version 3.18.24

Hi adampepp. Welcome to the Z-Community!
    We may let this one stay so that anyone else with the same concern may come across your post and gain some knowledge from it. It's great to see that you were able to figure it out on your own.
    Thanks for stopping by, and please don't hesitate to come back if you need any assitance with your ZTE devices,
    or if you just want to hang out on a great tech forum.
    :)

Answers

• benkoresbenkores Staten Island, NYPosts: 471 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2017 10:09PM

@adampepp said:
    Hi,

Thank you so much.

Kernel version 3.18.24

nevermind