bluetooth settings not retained

Running Android 7.1.1.
When I open up the settings for a paired device, the "paired device" settings are not retained from the previous use. For example, if "phone" and "media" were previously checked when I used that device, the check mark disappears the next time the device is used. (I do select different BT devices to link to from time to time.)
Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,639 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Android will by default activate all available Bluetooth services offered by the device. Beyond that, it will remember unchecked options, for example, I have a Plantronics Backbeat Go headset and while the audio quality is decent, the built in mic is horrible (I am talking CB from the 1980's quality),so I have "Phone audio" unchecked so if I get a call, I will still have to put the phone up to my ear instead of having to rush to switch phone speaker after answering a call.

One area where you can end up with additional check marks being unchecked, is if 2 devices are paired at the same time. Since the Axon 7 does not have the option enabled to stream to 2 devices at the same time, thus if you switch from one device to another while both are on and in range, it will simply uncheck the relevant check boxes on the older device, and check them on the newest connection.

If you manually change the check boxes, then it will consider that change to be one that you would like saved, and it will remember that configuration.

To prevent this behavior from happening while having multiple devices in range and paired, is to not change the settings through the "Paired devices" menu, and instead just click directly on the name of the device and it will change the primary device without trying to save a specific check box config for other devices.

All in all, with multiple devices connected at the same time, manually checking something like media and phone on 1 device, will also be seen as an uncheck of media and phone on other paired devices, thus the next time you walk into range of them, those options may still be unchecked.

If this all is happening, then I recommend that you unpair each of those media devices, and then re-pair them again. Also, depending on the device you may have to tap the name twice to first end the connection, and then connect to it again.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,209 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have the problem you mentioned. though As @razor512 mentioned, I did encounter instances where if I have two BT devices nearby and the phone connected to both of them, sometimes I have one activated with certain options like call or media while others activated with other options.

I also would suggest you unpair your BT device too. Also, some BT headsets have the option to reset it so you may also try to reset your bt devices as well to see if that would fix the problem.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I havent run into this issue either but it also might be worth trying to go into the settings menu and then go to more > Network settings reset and the reset the settings (this will clear your wifi- cell data and bluetooth connection) and then repair the devices and see if the settings are being retained.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hows the bluetooth settings working @msweinberg ?