Check out my new magnetic leather loop band

jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

So we all know the band on the ZTE Quartz can leave a little bit to be desired. It's not the most comfortable, best fitting, or best looking it just kinda gets the job done. Thankfully the Quartz uses a standard 22mm watch band, making it easy to replace. I just got my replacement band in yesterday from Amazon and I was so excited to swap it out.

IMG_20170614_081530.jpg

I went with magnetic leather loop band because I really love leather and magnets make everything cooler. This band offers a unique style I've not seen in most others by offering leather with magnets. It is obviously a direct copy cat of one of the Apple Watch bands and I'm totally ok with that. Thanks to this design getting the proper fit is much easier. There were a variety of colors to choose from and I struggled deciding between black and blue. In the end, I went with the blue because I thought it matched the accents on the watch well.

IMG_20170614_081054.jpg

Mine shipped from China and surprisingly only took about 10 days to arrive. It also came with some extra pins and a removal tool. Not really necessary because of the quick release pins found on both bands, but still a nice bonus none the less. Unfortunately, the Amazon page now shows that it is unavailable, but if you want to pick one up they are available from eBay. My friend who originally found this band ordered from eBay and got it in around the same time frame as I got mine from Amazon.

IMG_20170614_081252.jpg

Comments

• trottertrotter Tennessee, USAPosts: 162 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I quite literally pulled the trigger on a similar band last night on Amazon. As long as 22mm is the correct size it should be great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M3WZHAM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yup 22mm and it'll fit just right. That right there is my second choice and I might still get that one. Great thing is these bands are so easy to swap thanks to those quick release pins. You can get a few of them and change them out whenever you want. I just really love leather and this one seemed more unique.

• onematonemat Nashville, TNPosts: 154 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Looks nice.  I'm tempted to look for a new band, but I'm not that all dissatisfied with the stock band. I'm prone to skin rash from some watch bands and so far I haven't had a problem with the stock band. Hot weather is coming so with heat and sweat, I might be singing a different tune.

An update. I received the band yesterday and put it on my Quartz. It looks great and feels much cooler than the original plastic band which caused my wrist to sweat big time. The magnetic clasp does not pull through the lug and this almost made the band unusable for me; I have big hands and am barely able to squeeze my hand through the band's loop. Thankfully I am able to do so as I really like the band thus far.

Hey @trotter looking good man. I'm glad you like your new band. I'm still really tempted to get one of those for myself in silver. This was another one that was on my list because it looks thicker and more heavy duty. Plus the clasp isn't magnetic so it should be more secure and not slip.

@jasone said:
    Hey @trotter looking good man. I'm glad you like your new band. I'm still really tempted to get one of those for myself in silver. This was another one that was on my list because it looks thicker and more heavy duty. Plus the clasp isn't magnetic so it should be more secure and not slip.

No slippage as of yet. It seems to hold rather well. In fact, the entire band acts magnetic so it holds together wherever it touches. I may order a silver one as well just so it will match the watch body better.

@trotter said:
    No slippage as of yet. It seems to hold rather well. In fact, the entire band acts magnetic so it holds together wherever it touches. I may order a silver one as well just so it will match the watch body better.

Awesome be sure to come back here and let us see how it looks.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Looks great!!! I'm online now looking for a band

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,251 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I may have to look into a band like that for my Quartz.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,600 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2017 3:24AM

I ordered one of those bands just like Trotter's band above, but in a dark blue color so it would match the blue highlights on the watch. The dark blue was a harder color to find, but found one for just 9 bucks from China. It took it's sweet time getting here on the slow boat, and then when I finally got it, it was the wrong size.
    :(
    Seller sold it based on the band size and not the size of the clasp which was bigger.
    Wants me to measure it and take pics and send them pics and then return to China at my own expense,
    so I guess I'm out $9 and another life lesson learned.
    I doubt I will re-buy the same band though. While the band is all metal and seems to be good quality, it's not as thick and wide as I thought it would be. Since the watch itself is so large, I kind of want a band that is equally as large and in charge so the band doesn't look dainty by comparison.

Sorry to hear that @DoppelgangerD, where did you order it from? I've ordered things from China before where the measurements were wildly off and when I contacted them about it they always gave me a full refund or partial because it would still work but not without some tweaking.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,600 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jasone said:
    Sorry to hear that @DoppelgangerD, where did you order it from? I've ordered things from China before where the measurements were wildly off and when I contacted them about it they always gave me a full refund or partial because it would still work but not without some tweaking.

Well, It's not worth it to send it back since it will just cost too much and not worth it. They did offer to refund me $2, which is better than nothing, but it just irks me that they kinda misrepresented the product because it's the wrong size. They are one of many sellers on eBay who sell 1000 products a day. No big deal, I'm over it, but now still don't have a decent band for the watch and have to figure out what I want now, order it, and wait for delivery again.

@DoppelgangerD said:
    Well, It's not worth it to send it back since it will just cost too much and not worth it. They did offer to refund me $2, which is better than nothing, but it just irks me that they kinda misrepresented the product because it's the wrong size. They are one of many sellers on eBay who sell 1000 products a day. No big deal, I'm over it, but now still don't have a decent band for the watch and have to figure out what I want now, order it, and wait for delivery again.

No, it's not worth paying to return it but I've never had to pay to return it. Just let them know you'll leave negative feedback and they will usually refund you the full amount. The only time I've gotten partial refunds is when it's a product that will still work but just not represented properly. Not when it's one that won't work at all because of their mistake.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,128 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jasone said:
    So we all know the band on the ZTE Quartz can leave a little bit to be desired. It's not the most comfortable, best fitting, or best looking it just kinda gets the job done. Thankfully the Quartz uses a standard 22mm watch band, making it easy to replace. I just got my replacement band in yesterday from Amazon and I was so excited to swap it out.

I went with magnetic leather loop band because I really love leather and magnets make everything cooler. This band offers a unique style I've not seen in most others by offering leather with magnets. It is obviously a direct copy cat of one of the Apple Watch bands and I'm totally ok with that. Thanks to this design getting the proper fit is much easier. There were a variety of colors to choose from and I struggled deciding between black and blue. In the end, I went with the blue because I thought it matched the accents on the watch well.

Mine shipped from China and surprisingly only took about 10 days to arrive. It also came with some extra pins and a removal tool. Not really necessary because of the quick release pins found on both bands, but still a nice bonus none the less. Unfortunately, the Amazon page now shows that it is unavailable, but if you want to pick one up they are available from eBay. My friend who originally found this band ordered from eBay and got it in around the same time frame as I got mine from Amazon.

Even though I don't have a Quartz, that's a pretty cool watch band right there. :)

I finally got around to ordering the steel magnetic band. This one is a different one than the black and is about an inch longer. So far so good. I think I like the look of it better than the black.

As for slippage the black one does slip as you go along but is super easy to snug back up.

Here's a link to this one:
    https://amazon.com/gp/product/B06XT316DH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks good, thanks for sharing with us @trotter

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,251 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@trotter I like the metal one the best, thanks for letting us see these on your wrist.

• Got the one like jasone from eBay loved the blue was concerned about magnets but after wearing it no issues what so ever
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/252773570131 here is link to mine

@Kinghatten said:
    Got the one like jasone from eBay loved the blue was concerned about magnets but after wearing it no issues what so ever
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/252773570131 here is link to mine

Glad you like it, I'm still using the same band and it's still working great. I love the look and how the color matches the blue accents on the watch itself. Thanks for sharing with us :)