Volume pop-up with vibration for seemingly no reason

It seems like a few times per hour (maybe three to ten times) I can be just browsing, texting or whatever, and my volume pop-up will appear and go from zero to maximum for no reason at all. It pops up for a second, vibrates like I'm setting it to max and disappears.

It's annoying. It literally happened while I was typing this message.

Comments

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@maximuslyricus said:
    It seems like a few times per hour (maybe three to ten times) I can be just browsing, texting or whatever, and my volume pop-up will appear and go from zero to maximum for no reason at all. It pops up for a second, vibrates like I'm setting it to max and disappears.

It's annoying. It literally happened while I was typing this message.

This could be related to several things, including any 3rd party app you have installed.
    One thing you could try is navigating to your storage settings and clearing the cached data of your device.
    Furthermore, you can also try rebooting the device to the recovery menu and deleting the cache partition there as well. Once you successfully execute both of those and the issue still remains, you could try deleting any 3rd party apps you have installed that you think the issue may be coming from and see if the issue persists without said apps installed. Remember you can always reinstall them back later, but this is a troubleshooting technique to find where the issue is coming from.
    A last resort would be to totally reset the device via factory default reset, but when you do that it will wipe your phone and reset it back to the way it came right out of the box when new.
    Of course if you don't mind doing that, you could just skip to that right away if you wanted to.