Axon 7 media apps (updates? Improvements? Anything?)

Greetings Everyone, congrats to everyone that got the axon 7/axon mini, these are the best media phones out in my opinion,(well audio wise) Dolby Atmos technology enhances the media content amazingly, to accurately replicate the feel and sound of theater cinema experience, low end, high pitch, deep bass, smooth mids (not an audiophile, obviously)with just a tap of a button. I can't decide if I wanna use headphones or just bust out the dual front speakers on manual EQ maxed and just be amazed. But...what about the media apps (ZTE music, video app), I understand that they are able to utilize the Hi-Fi and Atmos technology but what about lyrics search, creating song queces or simply a play next function, download album artwork straight from the music app, also subtitles support video app (playing mkv out the box is impressive though) I guess floating window feature for the video app won't be necessary with 8.0 pip, fingers crossed. Anyway I mainly got this phone for media and it's been hard to find a phone that beats the amazing sound, I've use an HTC 11 and Samsung s8 briefly, axon sound is untouched but it would be great to see these improvements in an update which would only make for a more solid media experience without having to search for third party apps when ZTE apps already utilize HiFi and Atmos so well.

Does anyone else feels the ZTE apps are limited? What third party apps are you guys using that doesn't sacrifice Hi-Fi and Atmos?

Comments

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,817 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Rap19bars and welcome to the Z-Community!
    Check out this article for PA3. It may be just what you're looking for.
    https://www.techjunkie.com/poweramp-android/

• Rap19barsRap19bars JamaicaPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

Hey @DoppelgangerD thanks for the welcome man and thanks for the link, I used Poweramp few years back but never with the axon 7, I'm gonna check it out and see if it fits.

Appreciate it.

• PruikkiPruikki EarthPosts: 21 ✭✭✭✭✭

Power Amp, will get it too when my device arrives.

• ggregggreg Posts: 185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2017 3:24PM

@DoppelgangerD said:
    Hi @Rap19bars and welcome to the Z-Community!
    Check out this article for PA3. It may be just what you're looking for.
    https://www.techjunkie.com/poweramp-android/

I'm not seeing anything in that review about PA's ability to use a phone's hardware DAC. One of Axon 7's biggest attractions is its AKM DAC, and if PA can't use it then what's the point?

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,817 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@DoppelgangerD said:

There should be a delete button right @DoppelgangerD.

Yes, as long as mods can see deleted posts.
    Some people tend to take advantage of the delete button sometimes.
    Not that WE would ever do THAT. lol

@jimlloyd40 said:

@DoppelgangerD said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@DoppelgangerD said:

There should be a delete button right @DoppelgangerD.

Yes, as long as mods can see deleted posts.
    Some people tend to take advantage of the delete button sometimes.
    Not that WE would ever do THAT. lol

I don't care if the mods are able to see deleted posts but I don't know why it's necessary @DoppelgangerD. Once you've hit the "post comment" button the only choice is to edit your post like you did when you just deleted the content of the post. I've clicked on "post comment" only to realize I said something wrong or saw that someone else posted a similar comment and ended up posting a blank post. If you haven't clicked on "post comment" you can save it as a draft and delete the draft so you should be able to just delete your post.

Necessary because people shouldn't be able to say anything derogatory, inflammatory, insulting, etc... and then just delete the evidence. That kind of behavior can get way out of hand when a member decides to act that way, so mods need to be able to see deleted posts to keep the forum running smooth and civil.
    I agree though, with that prerequisite in mind, a "delete post" feature would be welcome.

This is very off topic at this point though, so we should try to keep from derailing the thread. Thanks.