Axon 7 won't turn on

jjremaxjjremax detroit, miPosts: 43 ✭✭✭✭

My Axon 7 won't turn on, don't know if it can be charged. How can I fix it and make it power up? Thanks.

Comments

• jjremaxjjremax detroit, miPosts: 43 ✭✭✭✭

there is no LED lights up. looks the battery still has some power. I tried pushing and holding the power button, plus the volume up and down for morn than 1 min. Non of them worked.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,209 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi, @jjremax , if you cannot see the led light below the camera when you plugged in the power cable, then it sounds to me could be power related issue. I will say, try different charger, different cable, and adapter.

There is a chance that it could be the internal component that has issue too. (ie charging port is bad, and such). If so, then the phone may need to be rmaed.

• jjremaxjjremax detroit, miPosts: 43 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your guys kind help. The reason I knew there were some power left because I thought it might be the same issue as my other android phone, just disconnect with the battery and connect it with a charger. Then, the phone should be powered on. So, I tried that by openning the case. But it still won't power on. Then, I used a meter kind of measured the battery and found there were still some power inside the battery.

Last night, by pressing those buttons many times. Accidently, the phone powered on. Then it became kind of dead because I could not do anything with the phone. I even could not power off to do a factory reset I don't know what is going on again.

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 454 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried just leaving the charger on it and waiting a few hours? A friend of mine had let his battery drain down so much that the phone was completely dead like yours. Plugging into the charger still showed no lights and a dead phone. After waiting a few hours with it on the charger the phone then was able to be turned on.

• RojasTKDRojasTKD USAPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

@jjremax said:
    My Axon 7 won't turn on, don't know if it can be charged. How can I fix it and make it power up? Thanks.

This may not be you issue, but I'll mention it just in case. It worth a shot at least.

My Axon 7 would not turn on the screen. I had to press the power button MANY MANY times (20 to 100+ times) for it to turn on. Removing the MicroSD card solved the issue. The Axon 7 also messed up my MicroSDcard, it can no longer be formatted or any files deleted... for a while it was unreadable also. Lost two 128GB SDcards to the Axon 7 :(

Some have stated this SD card issue started after a recent update.

If that's not you issues you likely have a battery or power issue. I'd definitely contact ZTE about warranty service.

• kmb877kmb877 Posts: 164 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the charger is defective (or unplugged from wall outlet or outlet defective or circuit breaker jumped off), it will drain the Axon's battery.

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 454 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@RojasTKD said:

@jjremax said:

This may not be you issue, but I'll mention it just in case. It worth a shot at least.

My Axon 7 would not turn on the screen. I had to press the power button MANY MANY times (20 to 100+ times) for it to turn on. Removing the MicroSD card solved the issue. The Axon 7 also messed up my MicroSDcard, it can no longer be formatted or any files deleted... for a while it was unreadable also. Lost two 128GB SDcards to the Axon 7 :(

If that's not you issues you likely have a battery or power issue. I'd definitely contact ZTE about warranty service.

I've had an SD card ruined by the A7 also. Removing it and trying to boot the phone up is a great suggestion.

• RojasTKDRojasTKD USAPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

@ram1220 said:

@RojasTKD said:

@jjremax said:

I've had an SD card ruined by the A7 also. Removing it and trying to boot the phone up is a great suggestion.

Thanks, I've recently had to deal with this. Hopefully it helps the OP.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

Just wanted to chime in, it's never a good idea opening up a device that is under warranty, This almost always voids out the warranty, and it is rare for issues like this to be solved by end users. Not saying impossible, but many times I have seen people, especially with laptops void warranty by opening it up to see if they could fix, only to find out it was defective power connection solder(totally covered under warranty) but the manufacturer will no longer honor warranty as the seals are broken. Once a free, covered fix, has now become $$$. Just my two cents