[TOOL][WINDOWS][A2017/G/U] Axon7Toolkit

benkoresbenkores Staten Island, NYPosts: 471 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

In case you guys haven't been on xda I've just released my toolkit for the axon 7.

Unlocking, rooting, flashing, it does it all in just a couple of clicks!

Check it out here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/axon-7/development/tool-axon7toolkit-t3573108

Comments

• vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks a bunch

I'm sure that took lots of time to compile.

When you catch your breath, would  you give us a guide on how to use the tools for all us rookies here.

• benkoresbenkores Staten Island, NYPosts: 471 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Nah only about 1 month and a half.

And also the toolkit does everything for you so no guide needed

It's as easy as downloading, installing , launching, and choosing an option!

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 mod
    benkores wrote:Nah only about 1 month and a half.And also the toolkit does everything for you so no guide needed It's as easy as downloading, installing , launching, and choosing an option!

AWESOME WORK ​ cant wait to give it a spin

• Thank you for your efforts. I apologize for the persistence, being a complete rookie and not wanting to brick the phone - can you kindly walk us through the steps needed to go from stock B29 or other to Lineage or other ROM

Sure.

1) Use the Driver Installation and Test option to install device ADB drivers.

2) Use the backup option in the toolkit to back up your data.

3) Use the unlock option in the toolkit to unlock your bootloader.

4) Use the Flash TWRP option in the toolkit.

5) Download the latest lineage here: download.lineageos.org/axon7

6) Use the Flash zip option in the toolkit.

And....profit!(hopefully)

• Awesome - Thank you !

• romeoromeo Irvine CAPosts: 59 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks man for your hard work on making this amazing tool. Without all your work and of course the work of many other developers we wouldn't be able to really enjoy this device.

• busymanbusyman CanadaPosts: 401 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This sounds awesome. Makes the whole process MUCH simpler for the average Joe (myself included). Really tempted to use LineageOS now, but I think I'll hold off for now since the official 7.1 update is coming this week. Thank you for making this!

• stanthemanstantheman Posts: 293 ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you know the update/fix/patch/miracle is coming this week?

• busymanbusyman CanadaPosts: 401 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Weekly

The week before they also mentioned that 7.1 is coming soon and it's a lot better performance-wise. January security patch included.

• jimmyjimmy Posts: 169 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wish it was this easy for the ZMAX pro but no :/

• What I had so far

1- problem in setup, "setx.exe has stopped working".

I tried backup & OEM unlock an none of them work. (WIN 7 PRO 64bit)

2- Backup:  {Now unlock your device and confirm the backup operation

Press any key to return to options...}

I didn't get a confirmation prompt.

3- OEM unlock: this is a bit tricky, it worked the first time and I did all the steps but the bootloader still locked. In the next attempts the tools kept rebooting to bootloader instead of EDL and exits right away.

Which version of the toolkit are you on? I released v1.02 yesterday which someone said fixed the program closing issue for the bootloader unlock. And as for the backup, it's looking like there's issues with Windows 7 which is weird since its working on Windows 10. I'll try to release a new version soon.

It also sounds like you didn't return to the toolkit after the MiFlash package was flashed. The instructions specifically said to minimize the toolkit(not close it), follow the MiFlash instructions, boot the device up, and then RETURN to the toolkit which will finish the process. Did you do that?

Did you go back to the toolkit after you used MiFlash? You were supposed to go back for the toolkit to finish the process but it sounds like you closed it.

• Yes I did go back and it sent me to bootloader then closed. I even have "unlocked" text file on \miflash

I only get this far with the first run, meaning if I execute the unlocking command again it will send me directly to bootloader.

OK so delete the "unlocked" text file and try again. I'm removing this for future versions.

Also for the ADB backup, are you on Marshmallow or Nougat?

• 1. your tool is not working for me.

2. sorry no offense but your tool is too mature, I mean you created a tool why just don't let the tool do everything instead of showing the user instructions?

3.Miflash is not working.

4.there is no b19 support

5.there is no b19 support

6. THERE IS NO B19 SUPPORT!!!!!

7. I am very upset after 9 trials to flash miflash but it is not detecting edl even after installing drivers and appearing under COM ports

8.Now I have to downgrade 2 times according to drakenfx method, from b19 to b29 and from b29 to b20, that method is **** and takes a lot of time.

9. and zte can easily help us but they choose not to do so.

10. when b19 is going to be unlocked?

11. when b19 is going to be unlocked?

12. WHEN THE HELL B19 IS GOING TO BE UNLOCKED?

OK first of all no need to yell

#1 The tool does work. If by tool you mean MiFlash not working that's not because of the toolkit. Complain here: [EDL][A2017/A2017U] Emergency DL Mode TWRP +… | ZTE Axon 7

#2 Because I made it that way. If you don't like it just don't use it simple as that.

#3 same as #1

#4 Coming in the next version

#5 same as #4

#6 SAME AS #4!!!!!

#7 same as #1

#8 Have fun!

#9 Ok.....what does that have to do with the toolkit?

#10 It can already be unlocked the unlock method will work for all builds even unsupported

#11 same as #10

#12 SAME AS #10!!!!!

• Ok lol, sorry for being a **** first, your reply made my day

anyways, I still find your tool to be mature, I mean it can be better than just opening notepad with instructions, like.... c'mon dawg... you're better than this, it ain't a youtube tutorial it's a tool.

I will complain in xda too about miflash >_>

when it is coming for b19? can you tell that!?

"Ok.... what does that have to do with the toolkit?" it has to do with Zte in general, they really pissed me off these days, false advertised axon 7 and bad service (like this situation of unlocking bootloader, they said they will make it official and they didn't!)

I mean afterall I hope you understand my situation, I can't do anything man I am locked with B19 stock, can't root can't flash a thing, Imwas hoping I flash this weekend but my hopes are gone with the wind, again I apologize for being rude my dude.

The reason behind the notepad with instructions is because the toolkit cannot automate the MiFlash flashing on its own. I can assure you that is all that has to be done manually for the bootloader unlock option and the toolkit does the rest. Also, I have figured out your(and some other people's) problem with MiFlash, the drivers. I'm going to use new drivers for the next version, so please try my toolkit again when I release the next version

I have someone testing the next version as I write this

If you're interested in testing the next version as well follow me, I'll follow you and send me a DM.

• Followed, waiting for a follow :-)

Done. I'm sending it you right now.

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,168 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just here to give TESTIMONY!

I installed the toolkit on Saturday and got Lineage OS up and running by Sunday morning (the process wasn't long I was also video-editing at the same time)

This toolkit is a most wondrous invention opening up possibilities for what we can do on our devices.

Thank you

shout out to ​ for bringing over Lineage OS!

Everyone, I am happy to announce the next version of the toolkit! This is a MAJOR MAJOR update and fixes many of the issues that people have been complaining about since release, including the infamous ADB backup and MiFlash issues which thanks to and another tester can confirm are fixed. And for you Chinese users, there is now FULL SUPPORT for the A2017.

As usual, if you already have the toolkit the update will be OTA.

All information, download link, and changelog can be found at the original xda link.

Enjoy!

• nibiru2012nibiru2012 Austin TXPosts: 343 ✭✭✭✭✭

@benkores
    Would I be able to use this toolkit with Nougat B32 installed on my phone?
    Would I need to do a modem update?

Any information will be appreciated!

@nibiru2012 said:
    @benkores
    Would I be able to use this toolkit with Nougat B32 installed on my phone?
    Would I need to do a modem update?

Any information will be appreciated!

Yes it will work on B32 and no modem update needed.