Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Would You Be Interested In A Card Phone?

2»

Comments

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I dont know what they would target the price for since its not a real product or anything yet they are just doing a consumer survey to gauge the interest

• nthall350nthall350 Kansas City, MissouriPosts: 505 ✭✭✭✭✭

The price would be a big part of the decision for me. I wouldn't pay much for a phone that was only for emergencies. It it was more rugged and could be used in places where it would get filthy or potentially wet I would pay more. Even better if it floated.

• taotao Posts: 72 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even though my Axon 7 is 'phablet" size, and I also have an Otterbox-like case on it, it fits in my front pocket just fine, and I don't ever notice it.

From another perspective:

Phones are the 'swiss army knife" of our time.  I rather have full fledged features on my phone.  Going smaller may mean a poor camera, and sacrifice on quality of features, if not number of features on its own.  Having a number of features for scenarios that may pop up are more important to me than space.

My wallet is already full of other things and uncomfortable to sit on, while my phone doesn't bother me ever when it is in my front pocket.

• wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 648 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

This would be something that would be great to leave in a car or rv or take into an them park. I was at Silver Dollar City this past weekend and I needed to be able to call and txt my spouse, but would have preferred a more disposable and durable phone to keep on me.

• nthall350nthall350 Kansas City, MissouriPosts: 505 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the type of purpose I would use something like this for too. I've had a couple end up at the bottom of lakes.

• I am very interested, I have a personal phone, and a phone for work, my personal phone is my ZTE Zmax pro 2,. But when I get to work, I switch to a small candy bar/ flip style phone, the reason being size to fit in my pocket, and not get destroyed by harsh environment, in need of a smaller phone, at this time,   perfect timing.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Interested as it could prove useful as an emergency/ backup device.

• I think It can be useful as a backup for the main phone, and may have a very unique function to locate your wallet, or leave it on the car, track your car in case of it get lost.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't be if it is running Android. If it was a very stripped down OS so the phone could last at least 3-4 weeks on standby then it might be relevant.

• kidnovakidnova Posts: 435 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would consider a pay as you go version as a backup to keep with me for emergencies, but I can't see any other real use for it.

• DerekudaDerekuda Boise, IDPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

While very cool, I don't want to go backwards in progress. I could see something like this being used for if you were snowboarding or some sort of athletic sport when you want to have something small and lightweight, but then again, phones are so thin and light as it is and can do everything that something like a card phone can't do. the tradeoff's just aren't worth it to me.

• mikpostymikposty USAPosts: 1 ✭✭✭

Not really interested. The only application I can see is a backup phone, but without good battery it doesn't make sense. It can also be a security device for receiving one time passcodes via SMS and phone number nobody knows.

• cf07cf07 CanadaPosts: 148 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure if battery technology can support this idea.