The Day Blade Z Max Disappointed Me 😥

hectorhz18hectorhz18 Hanover Park , IL Posts: 16 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all ,

I would like advice from fellow blade users for the following :

I am a Lyft and Uber driver and to my surprise , I have found the device freezes and then reboots or freezes and then after 3-5 min it finally responds.

I do not know what to do at this point .

Please advise Z community !! ??

Comments

• jasonejasone Tennessee Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've never experienced that with mine. Have you tried clearing the cache from recovery or performing a factory data reset?

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

What @jasone said and also clear the cache in the main storage settings.

• hectorhz18hectorhz18 Hanover Park , IL Posts: 16 ✭✭✭✭

Update I Have backed up phone to PC and thru Google.

Performed Factory Data reset.

Stay tuned for the Results .. I am quite Anxious and Nervous ..

Had it freeze and all during 2 rides !!! was quite embarrassing considering this phone is my Joy and Pride :)

Keep you guys posted !! crossing fingers.

• RoverRover DallasPosts: 37 ✭✭✭✭✭

On my Z Max I had all screen locks off. But, the screen would freeze up after a time, and I would have to restart it to get the screen unfrozen.

I tried the cache clearing and the Cache Partition clearing, but the Z Max screen still froze up .

If that is happening to you, then I can tell you my solution, was to get a replacement phone from Metro PCS.

My replacement Z Max has never frozen.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD USA Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Rover said:
    On my Z Max I had all screen locks off. But, the screen would freeze up after a time, and I would have to restart it to get the screen unfrozen.

I tried the cache clearing and the Cache Partition clearing, but the Z Max screen still froze up .

If that is happening to you, then I can tell you my solution, was to get a replacement phone from Metro PCS.

My replacement Z Max has never frozen.

Glad to hear your issue was device specific and that your replacement is a-ok.
    So many times people post their issues, but once they get it resolved they never follow up and tell us what the solution was, so thanks for posting that information.

UPDATE , I have not yet driven for lyft or Uber as of YET.

I WILL UPDATE WHEN I DRIVE

I can tell you this my phone is WAY FASTER !!! I never have cleared the cache. thru storage settings, so that may have been the easier solution.

Thanks for the help you guys.

stay tuned ...

Rover I am close to 3 Months ( I believe since release ) think Metro will still swap for a new one if i still get the freeze screen and have to force restart ?? hmmm i wonder if it WILL really work-put like that ....

@hectorhz18 said:
    UPDATE , I have not yet driven for lyft or Uber as of YET.

I WILL UPDATE WHEN I DRIVE

I can tell you this my phone is WAY FASTER !!! I never have cleared the cache. thru storage settings, so that may have been the easier solution.

Thanks for the help you guys.

stay tuned ...

@hectorhz18 that's interesting. Just a few posts back you said that your phone froze during 2 rides and that it was quite embarrassing. Feel like explaining that?

Yes I will be happy to ,

You see I came across this problem . Freezing while driving for uber and lyft. Force rebooting.

I then performed factory reset .

Have not driven for uber lyft yet.

Any additional questions ?

@hectorhz18 said:
    Yes I will be happy to ,

You see I came across this problem . Freezing while driving for uber and lyft. Force rebooting.

Yes. In your second sentence you said while driving for Lyft and Uber. In your fourth sentence you said that you have not driven for Uber Lyft yet.

This is true.

• James33James33 PakistanPosts: 8 ✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hectorhz18 said:
    Yes I will be happy to ,

Yes. In your second sentence you said while driving for Lyft and Uber. In your fourth sentence you said that you have not driven for Uber Lyft yet.

sharp mind :)

• James33James33 PakistanPosts: 8 ✭✭✭✭

Well you may have installed 3rd party untrusted apps, and your device is victim of viruses, try to install antivirus and fix it. even then problems exist, take backup of your device, and do soft reset.

It's possible, Although I wouldn't know for sure what app if any, since all I use is straight from the play store.

AGAIN

I will keep you posted with an update once I go out and drive again.

(:

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hectorhz18 said:
    Yes I will be happy to ,

He hasn't driven for them since he updated. He is waiting to update us until he gives someone a drive after he updated the phone.

Yes and I drive for Uber and Lyft so I would have both apps running, and am using Google maps . I found it was stressing the blade and causing problems.

We'll see how it goes this time around guys..

I'll keep you posted. Kk

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hectorhz18 said:
    Yes I will be happy to ,

He hasn't driven for them since he updated. He is waiting to update us until he gives someone a drive after he updated the phone.

Ah, thanks @hollap.

@hectorhz18 said:
    Yes and I drive for Uber and Lyft so I would have both apps running, and am using Google maps . I found it was stressing the blade and causing problems.

We'll see how it goes this time around guys..

I'll keep you posted. Kk

@hectorhz18 that's because the Blade Z Max only has 2 GB of RAM. It's too much for it to handle.