Screen lock customization?

MistergouMistergou Chattanooga, TnPosts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, I was wondering if there is way to customize the blank all black lock screen. Nothing fancy BUT something similar to say how the screen saver works while charging that show a very dim clock and would let you wake the screen up with just a tap as to pressing the power button?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

What you are talking about is an always on display, not the lock screen. I know there are apps that mimic the always on display but I'm not sure how well they work. However, these apps are meant for OLED screens that won't drain the battery as much because OLED screens only light up the pixels in use.

LCD screens like the one on the Axon M will light up the entire screen even on a black screen when in use and drain the battery considerably more. For that reason, even if you can find an always on display app that would work with the Axon M, I would not recommend it.

Answers

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi, @Mistergou , what jasone mentioned is correct.

Though, if you would like to have clock showing up when the phone is plugged in the charger, you can. You have to do is go into setting-->Display-->Screen saver-->turn it on and select clock. then you would be able to see the clock when the phone is plugged in. (You still will not be able to double tap to wake the phone up but at least the clock will be like a screen saver when the phone is plugged in).

• MistergouMistergou Chattanooga, TnPosts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the help!

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@samsamha said:
    hi, @Mistergou , what jasone mentioned is correct.

Though, if you would like to have clock showing up when the phone is plugged in the charger, you can. You have to do is go into setting-->Display-->Screen saver-->turn it on and select clock. then you would be able to see the clock when the phone is plugged in. (You still will not be able to double tap to wake the phone up but at least the clock will be like a screen saver when the phone is plugged in).

Great suggestion, I've never used that before and completely forgot it was in the settings.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,778 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

There is always a lock screen replacement app too like Next from Microsoft if you want even more customization.