How do I enable the Android System Web View app?

SerafingerardoSerafingerardo Riverside, California USAPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 21, 2017 1:19AM in Blade Z MAX

My phone is acting weird, the display is constantly changing, is draining the battery really fast and the Android System Web View app is not working or restarting, I have done like three factory resets on my device, also is too jumpy sort of speak, not user friendly, I have deleted all data off Chrome and Google apps it calmed down for a day or so, by resetting the phone several times is self creating alternate storage folders path. I think that is not right, do you?
Anyone wanting to volunteer suggestions
(email address removed)
Thank you for your time.

Best Answer

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@Serafingerardo, I have the Android System Webview app disabled on my Blade Z Max, you can try disabling it too. Go to settings->apps->press the three dots in the upper right corner->select show system->select Android System Webview->disable.

Answers

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,038 admin

@Serafingerardo When you're resetting the device are you setting the device up as new or are you setting it up from a previous backup?

I suggest setting it up as a brand new device and not adding in any apps until you have had some time to test out the device after a fresh setup.

Another thing you can try is, if you have a mirco SD card in the device, remove it and see if this has any effect on the device.

• SerafingerardoSerafingerardo Riverside, California USAPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

I'm using a ZTE Blade Z Max by Metro PCS in Riverside CA. And yes, when reset the device I started it as new, but still did not work, now it's been like three days and hasn't recovered yet! And burned 35 plus GB 9f data in one or two days? That's crazy! I need to find out how I can send it in for warranty or exchange it for a new one, I wonder I can pick a different model or upgrade my paying the difference!

• SerafingerardoSerafingerardo Riverside, California USAPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

I'm using a ZTE Blade Z Max by Metro PCS in Riverside CA. And yes, when reset the device I started it as new, but still did not work, now it's been like three days and hasn't recovered yet! And burned 35 plus GB 9f data in one or two days? That's crazy! I need to find out how I can send it in for warranty or exchange it for a new one, I wonder I can pick a different model or upgrade my paying the difference!

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:
    @Serafingerardo, I have the Android System Webview app disabled on my Blade Z Max, you can try disabling it too. Go to settings->apps->press the three dots in the upper right corner->select show system->select Android System Webview->disable.

He wants to enable it.

It is enabled, he says it's not working or restarting.