Notification LED

Rlc67Rlc67 Indiana Posts: 1

I've got to say that I'm frustrated to say the least. I can't get the led to work either for notification or to indicate charging. I've read a couple of articles and can't get a good answer. If this is the case phone is a complete fail to me. I hope it's just a simple fix I'm not seeing. Otherwise it's getting returned with bad reviews. Please help.

Comments

• NJayNJay United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Rlc67,

I can understand the frustration of not having the notification LED. This is a very important function for me as well - it is one of the key factors I have considered when selecting each phone I attained over the years.

I was wondering if you were referring to the notification light that appears on the home key at the bottom of the phone (the light appears to have a kind of "circle" effect around the home key)?

I believe the ZTE Blade Z Max does not have a notification LED at the top of the device (whereas many other devices have the notification LED at the top).

As pointed out by @jimlloyd40 there is a setting for enabling or disabling the notification light that circles the home key (which is called the "Pulse notification light).

Regards,

NJay

Hey jimlloyd40,

Thank you so much for that clarification.

I, too, will look into that on my ZTE Blade Z Max to find about having the notification light appearing at the top of the phone.

Until now, I have only noticed the home button effect light appearing whenever I receive a notification. I look forward for trying to enable an LED on the top as well.

Regards,

NJay

Hey jimlloyd40,

I wanted to provide my findings after looking into having an LED notification light appear at the top of the phone (my ZTE Blade Z Max).

So I went ahead and disabled the "Pulse notification light" option in the phone settings.

Next, I had my family member send me a text message so I can test if any LED appears when I receive the text. Specifically, I checked the top of the phone as well as the home key to see if any light appeared to signify the notification. No LED appeared on the top of the phone or on the home button when I received their text.

Then, I re-enabled the Pulse notification light to perform the text message test again. After my family member sent me another text, this time I noticed that the home key lit up with the "circle" lighting effect to signify receipt of the text. There was no LED appearing at the top of the phone, though.

Finally, I found that on my ZTE Blade Z Max, with the "Pulse notification light" option enabled in the settings, the home key will show the "circle" lighting effect when I receive a notification.

In the meantime, I will continue to try to find about whether the ZTE Blade Z Max model itself can enable an LED at the top of the phone as well.

I also look forward for hearing about what @Rlc67 found.

I appreciate being able to look into these things and discuss findings with other fellow members of Z-community!

Regards,

NJay

• sycotictbonesycotictbone United StatesPosts: 41 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Blade Z Max dose not have a LED light on it at all that's why the home button acts light that with the text message and charge. Just like the Z Max Pro there is no LED on top of the phone.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@NJay said:
    Hey jimlloyd40,

I wanted to provide my findings after looking into having an LED notification light appear at the top of the phone (my ZTE Blade Z Max).

So I went ahead and disabled the "Pulse notification light" option in the phone settings.

Next, I had my family member send me a text message so I can test if any LED appears when I receive the text. Specifically, I checked the top of the phone as well as the home key to see if any light appeared to signify the notification. No LED appeared on the top of the phone or on the home button when I received their text.

Then, I re-enabled the Pulse notification light to perform the text message test again. After my family member sent me another text, this time I noticed that the home key lit up with the "circle" lighting effect to signify receipt of the text. There was no LED appearing at the top of the phone, though.

Finally, I found that on my ZTE Blade Z Max, with the "Pulse notification light" option enabled in the settings, the home key will show the "circle" lighting effect when I receive a notification.

In the meantime, I will continue to try to find about whether the ZTE Blade Z Max model itself can enable an LED at the top of the phone as well.

I also look forward for hearing about what @Rlc67 found.

I appreciate being able to look into these things and discuss findings with other fellow members of Z-community!

Regards,

NJay

Thanks for that. When I had a Blade Z Max it was early on.

No problem, thanks for your input!