pushing out updates

coolbud86coolbud86 FLPosts: 51 ✭✭✭✭✭

is there a major reason ZTE wont push out updates for their products like why is the blade z max still on the August security patch and were ending November next week

Comments

• coolbud86coolbud86 FLPosts: 51 ✭✭✭✭✭

and will the beta software upgrade help with that ?

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,575 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@coolbud86 said:
    is there a major reason ZTE wont push out updates for their products like why is the blade z max still on the August security patch and were ending November next week

I don't think there are any devices outside of ones developed by Google directly, that do security updates more than every few months or so. Since the Blade Z Max is doing the beta software program, you can just about guarantee that an update will come eventually. It isn't as easy as most people think to release a security update to a device.
    It costs the brand or carrier a lot of money to do that when it comes to software engineering combined with massive amounts of customer support to go with it.
    Along with that, most OEMs will want to mix in bug fixes with those updates too.
    Sometimes that makes for a situation where updates don't come as often as they should, but unfortunately this is the reality now when it comes to mobile devices these days. Hopefully an update does come sooner than later.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,575 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:
    @DoppelgangerD I believe that the Essential phone is updating the security patch monthly. At least they said that they were. Also custom ROM 's do monthly security patch updates like the A7 on Lineage. But you're right that Google is the only OEM that guarantees it.

Yeah I don't think we can count 3rd party ROM updates in there when it comes to "official updates".
    If your device is still under warranty, it pretty much voids your warranty when you install a 3rd party ROM.

I'm sure Essential is also trying their best to get their brand building going as much as possible, and to do that they have to give something other OEMs don't, but If they do monthly updates on time for a year, I would be very (pleasantly) surprised.

As for the Blade Z Max, at least we know update(s) are coming at some point since the beta trial is happening.

so in that case the next phone to replace the blade z max will get the updates after the beta is released and when will the beta be released any one have an ideal i heard something about december.

• I heard that the blade z max will get an update to the 8.1 ... Is that true? And when will i get it?

hey jimlloyd send us a link where you heard this from bro because i was told in december the phone would get an security patch update but here we are 3 days from christmas still riding on the August security patch so please tell us where you heard this

• MarshmallowCakesMarshmallowCakes Posts: 24 ✭✭✭✭✭

If at all possible maybe you shouldn't update the phone. Not supposed to say this on forums, but not updating the phone can make it easier to root. But for most of us, even me, we need the more secure kind of phone. I'm thinking we will get an update in January for the December security patch

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@coolbud86 said:

It's not up to ZTE to push updates on a carrier device. It's the carrier's responsibility. In the case of the Blade Z Max, that would be MetroPCS.

• BlockKRACKnBLUEBORNEBlockKRACKnBLUEBORNE Los AngelesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭

Yo what's up with the ZTE updates and security.. I expected more from this phone. Second ZTE phone maybe 3rd in the house. Wtf. Need better security.. I'm getting hacked on the daily.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@BlockKRACKnBLUEBORNE said:
    Yo what's up with the ZTE updates and security.. I expected more from this phone. Second ZTE phone maybe 3rd in the house. Wtf. Need better security.. I'm getting hacked on the daily.

@BlockKRACKnBLUEBORNE would you mind explaining how you're getting hacked daily? And what proof you have.

I agree with @jimlloyd40. I seriously doubt you are getting hacked on the daily. If so, provide proof and I'll happily recant my statement. Otherwise with a name like @BlockKRACKnBLUEBORNE I assume you are just trolling.

@BlockKRACKnBLUEBORNE if you are not comfortable with the phone then i would just get another phone and shut the one your are being hacked on off but if you have the evidience of the hacking happening then you might want to call ZTE about it