ZTE quartz watch charging

ronin90ronin90 New York USAPosts: 2 ✭✭

So I'm trying to getb another cradle charger for my watch but they're sold out online, I called T-Mobile but apparently you can't buy it from them only through Zteusa website. One of the salesman told me you can use a wireless QI charger from Belkin, is this true?

Comments

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ronin90 said:
    So I'm trying to getb another cradle charger for my watch but they're sold out online, I called T-Mobile but apparently you can't buy it from them only through Zteusa website. One of the salesman told me you can use a wireless QI charger from Belkin, is this true?

What salesman from where told you that? That wouldn't ever work as far as I know.
    In fact someone here recently tried to use a different brand of charger on their Quartz and it was rendered temporarily inoperable until it was charged again with the OEM charger.
    I can't fathom how a wireless charger could even work since the Quartz doesn't have wireless charging capabilities, but based on the other scenario I just mentioned, it could also be risky.

• razor512razor512 United States Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The quartz smartwatch does not support QI charging, it can only charge through those metal contacts which are effectively the 4 pins of a USB 2.0 port.

• ronin90ronin90 New York USAPosts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November 26, 2017 1:40AM

Thank you for the info. I guess I just have to wait for them to be back in stock.