Blade Z Max™ specs confusion/misinformation

turnc86turnc86 Duquesne, PAPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭

On several random sourced websites it lists the Blade Z Max™ with several contradicting/misleading specs. For starters, the device is listed as Qualcomm Quick Charge™ 2.0 compatible and should be listed as being Qualcomm Quick Charge™ 3.0 compatible as per Qualcomms' Snapdragon 435™ description on it's website. Also in the description it says the SoC is NFC capable which comes down to it either a.) the feature being left out intentionally to save cost /regress competition with internal flagships, b.) the feature can be enabled at a later date by a os update. If any Blade Z Max™ owners or phone enthusiast find interesting or confusion floating around about this lovely sub-flagship device feel free to post it here.

Comments

• turnc86turnc86 Duquesne, PAPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2017 2:32AM

@musicdjm thanks for the clarification on the NFC concern. The part I don't understand is listing a spec of device because of an included accessory. The spec Quick Charge 3.0 compatible is correct. Whether a quick charge 2.0 or 3.0 charger is included is irrelevant when it comes down to the devices internal specs. The device is 3.0 capable no matter whether a 1A charger or a 5v/9v charger is shipped with it. That's kinda like an alternative fact or simply a market tactic to get us to spend more to upgrade our chargers. When in fact, the one that comes with it is very efficient in what it does compared to other chargers included in many low budget phones that support quick charge today.

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MAPosts: 3,104 mod

@turnc86 said:
    @musicdjm thanks for the clarification on the NFC concern. The part I don't understand is listing a spec of device because of an included accessory. The spec Quick Charge 3.0 compatible is correct. Whether a quick charge 2.0 or 3.0 charger is included is irrelevant when it comes down to the devices internal specs. The device is 3.0 capable no matter whether a 1A charger or a 5v/9v charger is shipped with it. That's kinda like an alternative fact or simply a market tactic to get us to spend more to upgrade our chargers. When in fact, the one that comes with it is very efficient in what it does compared to other chargers included in many low budget phones that support quick charge today.

I disagree its not a marketing tactic because they arent advertising the spec because they didnt implement the requirements for Quick Charge 3.0 , the charger does matter because QC requires certification of the charger and device to use the tech and quick charge branding so they can only advertise what they are certified for which is Quick Charge 2.0.

You gotta read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page you were viewing on Qualcomms website:
    These devices contain the hardware necessary to achieve Quick Charge 3.0. It is at the device manufacturer’s discretion to fully enable this feature. A Quick Charge 3.0 certified power adapter is required. Different Quick Charge 3.0 implementations may result in different charging times

• RoverRover DallasPosts: 77 ✭✭✭✭✭

So now I'm confused. If I buy a second charger for the Blade Z MAX, can it be a QC 3.0 ??