Suggestions for the ZTE Team

NSXelrateNSXelrate DallasPosts: 1
  1. The second screen seems to be 1 pixel higher than the main screen. Text and images are just a pixel off between the seams. I've seen this on 3 different ZTE Axon Ms. Not a huge deal, but annoys me sometimes.
  2. The color temperature is off between the 2 screens. Hoping this can be fixed with software.
  3. At low brightness the screens have a different brightness. Hoping this can be fixed with software.
  4. No customization with the navigation bar. This is huge for me. I like the reverse navigation bar with the back button on the right side, because I usually use the phone with my right hand, and the back button is used much more than the recent apps button. But because the M(ultiscreen) button is on the far right, the back button is pushed even farther left, making it harder to reach when using right handed. This is something that we need in the Settings to be able to customize the Navigation Bar.
  5. Remove delay and message for screen swap. I'm not sure if this one is hardware related, but I use my flashlight a lot, and it has been mapped for a physical button for many phones now. I don't need a warning message, just turn it on immediately. This will also alleviate the issue of setting a flashlight app to the 4th button, and a huge delay from the flashlight turning on.
  6. Fingerprint Recognition is too slow. Sometimes I wonder if I pressed the power button at all because I don't see the screen turn on.
  7. Allow a setting for (short) press of the Quick Launch Button.

Despite the nags listed here, I'm loving the device. Battery life is a bit weak, but it's to be expected with a device with 2 screens.

Comments

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@NSXelrate said:
    1. The second screen seems to be 1 pixel higher than the main screen. Text and images are just a pixel off between the seams. I've seen this on 3 different ZTE Axon Ms. Not a huge deal, but annoys me sometimes.

I have the same issue, this has been brought to the attention of the ZTE team. Others have this as well. Same here, not a big deal but just annoying.

1. The color temperature is off between the 2 screens. Hoping this can be fixed with software.

I also see this, and again ZTE is aware. I would assume this can be fixed with software, but I'm not 100% sure.

1. At low brightness the screens have a different brightness. Hoping this can be fixed with software.

Again I experience this, and believe it's related to your point 2 above.

1. No customization with the navigation bar. This is huge for me. I like the reverse navigation bar with the back button on the right side, because I usually use the phone with my right hand, and the back button is used much more than the recent apps button. But because the M(ultiscreen) button is on the far right, the back button is pushed even farther left, making it harder to reach when using right handed. This is something that we need in the Settings to be able to customize the Navigation Bar.

While I don't want to change mine, this would be a nice add.

1. Remove delay and message for screen swap. I'm not sure if this one is hardware related, but I use my flashlight a lot, and it has been mapped for a physical button for many phones now. I don't need a warning message, just turn it on immediately. This will also alleviate the issue of setting a flashlight app to the 4th button, and a huge delay from the flashlight turning on.

I agree with this. I understand the issue with a first time use and those that won't realize it's facing at you, but there should be an option to remove the warning after first use.

1. Fingerprint Recognition is too slow. Sometimes I wonder if I pressed the power button at all because I don't see the screen turn on.

I don't have an issue with this. My FPS is fast and accurate.

1. Allow a setting for (short) press of the Quick Launch Button.

I wouldn't like this, as I would accidentally press it too often, I already do and am thankful for it not doing anything when pressed. But I see where others would want it.

Despite the nags listed here, I'm loving the device. Battery life is a bit weak, but it's to be expected with a device with 2 screens.

Thanks for the input @NSXelrate! It's always great to see the perspectives of other users. Great input for sure!

• MistergouMistergou Chattanooga, TnPosts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with almost all of those.... hopefully a software update is in the works for sometime in December along with Oreo and hopefully most of the annoying little issues will be ironed out!

Still a great device and I can deal with the little issues while I'm enjoying all this screen real estate.

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'd also like to see some of the software issues refined or some changes made. I don't think we'll see Oreo by the end of the year though. I hope they will have it ready for the first quarter of 2018 though. There are a lot of tweaks going on with this software so I assume it will take longer to get Oreo up and running.

• MSTKMSTK USAPosts: 60 ✭✭✭✭✭

I started making a wish list when I got the phone. Here are a few for what I use the phone for. I'm into music creation and live gigging on android. I've been avoiding Apple and trying to stick with Android because of some of the options I have available with the file system and storage.

1. Normal split screen when phone is closed. I like the A|A mode but I record video every week with the camera. It would be nice to have the phone in tent mode or closed and use the camera recording what is in front of me while I interact in other screen in other apps.

2. Option to view YouTube in landscape open. I like using it the way it is now but would like the option also to full screen with the bezel horizontal. It is sometimes easier to read subtitles like this or more pleasing when someone is centered in the screen watching videos.

3. Listen to multiple audio streams at same time. This I know is in part an Android issue when dealing with audio focus. I connect a midi keyboard controller to the phone and play through a DAW. I try to also record myself with the camera. This is the main reason I bought this phone hoping I could do this. It works in part but when you switch to another audio app the camera stops recording. This phone did resolve a problem with my controller cutting off while interacting with another app. On my Axon 7 I could start my DAW and then go into another app and continue to play but after about 15 minutes or so my guess is that RAM management pauses that app. This kills any hope for live gigging. On the Axon M so far I can have multiple apps open and my controller has not stopped playing in the background. Thanks ZTE! 😀 It would be nice to play two audio streams at the same time and have the option to mute one or both instead of only having the option to focus on one vs the other. A separate volume control for each app with a mute option would be nice.

4. Use recent app double tap on screen last used. I really multitask on this phone. When I have two apps open then double tap the apps option, it moves the app to the screen I'm using when I wanted it to stay on the screen it was on. I used 3-4 apps in the background on both screens.

5. Flashlight in pull down tray. I don't mind the pop up message. It's just quicker to access. I actually used the flash light under a table while googling on the other screen in A|A mode the model number of the machine I was trying to fix. This phone is more handy than it appears.

6. Multiwindow on each screen. There have been a few times when I've wanted 4 windows open. I have also wanted to use multiwindow with the screen closed. When my kids are running around I'd like to close the screen at times so they don't run into me and break the second screen or I just want to use one handed.

@jasone said:
    I'd also like to see some of the software issues refined or some changes made. I don't think we'll see Oreo by the end of the year though. I hope they will have it ready for the first quarter of 2018 though. There are a lot of tweaks going on with this software so I assume it will take longer to get Oreo up and running.

I know carriers can be slow with updates so I don't mind waiting until January to get all of the needed features.

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2017 4:14PM

@MSTK great suggestions.
    I never thought of dual screen on each screen.
    And the tap to return to last app.
    I do know the ZTE looks what we post, so your suggestions, I'm sure will be noted. :)

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2017 4:58PM

Flashlight in pull down tray. I don't mind the pop up message. It's just quicker to access. I actually used the flash light under a table while googling on the other screen in A|A mode the model number of the machine I was trying to fix. This phone is more handy than it appears.

That's just Awesome :)

• coldheat06coldheat06 United States Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would really like to see the ability to change the dpi setting in the developers mode and for the settings to stick when the mode is changed from |A| or A|B

• yinliyinli United States Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@NSXelrate Thank you for your feedback. And about your comment of "Fingerprint Recognition is too slow", would you mind to tell us how often it happen, such as how many failures to recognition when you attempts to unlock the device using fingerprint. Thank you.

• fzrrichfzrrich United States Posts: 4,244 mod

The difference in color temperature is my biggest pet peeve with the device. Everything else is pretty good for me for its initial release. Fingerprint sensor works great and I really love the placement. Power button just makes great sense. All the other minor software glitches and quirks will surely be corrected in future updates. Love the device so far for many things, sadly watching movies on it is not one of them because of the line between displays.

@fzrrich said:
    The difference in color temperature is my biggest pet peeve with the device. Everything else is pretty good for me for its initial release. Fingerprint sensor works great and I really love the placement. Power button just makes great sense. All the other minor software glitches and quirks will surely be corrected in future updates. Love the device so far for many things, sadly watching movies on it is not one of them because of the line between displays.

I notice the color difference more when the display is dimmer than when it is at its brightest. I kind have gotten used to the bezel depending on what I'm watch. It's more of a hassle when someone is in the center of the screen or I'm reading subtitles. It actually works pretty nice when some does a comparison of two things with split screen on YouTube. Would be unique if there was an overlay screen attachment that could hide the bezel and make it appear to be gone.

• fzrrichfzrrich United States Posts: 4,244 mod

@MSTK said:

I notice the color difference more when the display is dimmer than when it is at its brightest. I kind have gotten used to the bezel depending on what I'm watch. It's more of a hassle when someone is in the center of the screen or I'm reading subtitles. It actually works pretty nice when some does a comparison of two things with split screen on YouTube. Would be unique if there was an overlay screen attachment that could hide the bezel and make it appear to be gone.

I definitely see the difference in screen temperature when their is a white background. I don't think a screen overlay would be practical at this point lol but I see where you are going with the thought of it for a future iteration, hopefully by then the tech will catch up and it will be one bendable screen :)

edited December 15, 2017 5:40PM

We need the option to fill the screen on extended mode. I happened to stumble on the three tap magnification in the accessibilty settings. It will fill up the entire screen when watching a video. Although cropped the bezel is less of a distraction because the video fills the screen. It almost works as well in landscape also. 😀 Someone try it and you will see what I'm saying if you magnify the video I'm just the right place.

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MSTK said:
    We need the option to fill the screen on extended mode. I happened to stumble on the three tap magnification in the accessibilty settings. It will fill up the entire screen when watching a video. Although cropped the bezel is less of a distraction because the video fills the screen. It almost works as well in landscape also. 😀 Someone try it and you will see what I'm saying if you magnify the video I'm just the right place.

I tried it and yes it magnify the video, I have to play with it to just get the right place.
    @MSTK good find

• SKOLSKOL WashingtonPosts: 37 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had the phone for two weeks. Still playing around but I have been asking some good questions. One using the Samsung we browser works well with battery life. Since I think the phone case takes away from the beauty of the phone I instead using a liquid glass. Need a better Carring case, I guess instead of width I'm looking more for a length. Finally I would like to see an option for next generation cuz not sure u could do this with a software update. Would love to be able to flip the phone to mute but still see notifications on the other screen.

• AngelDeathAngelDeath USAPosts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just got this phone two days ago and have been playing with it, and I too have serveral "wishes" to add to the list.

1) This phone needs desktop software to be able to sync outlook contacts, tasks, calendar to the phone. This is a major negative for me due to I intentionally purchased this for work due to the added screen, and I sync this information fairly frequently.

2) Having no app menu icon and having to swipe up for the all app menu I dont care for, I'd rather the app icon.

3) the pull down menu for quick links to Wifi, bluetooth etc, needs to have the capability to re-arrange the icons, for example I'd rather have the NFC on the first screen instead of the second.

4) Need to change the long press the lock icon to open unlock the phone, need a simple solution as removing that setting to no lock is not an option either, maybe like others a simple swipe of the lock upwards.

5) A way to have the contacts software have the option to find and offer to merge/link duplicate contacts.

• AngelDeathAngelDeath USAPosts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2017 11:31AM

Thought of one more, in this day and age, with a new phone like this, WiFi Calling should be included in the software.

• SKOLSKOL WashingtonPosts: 37 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AngelDeath said:
    Thought of one more, in this day and age, with a new phone like this, WiFi Calling should included in the software.

Spot on target!