ZTE GRAND X MAX 2 - Worst. Phone. Ever.

JOEWHITEMUSICJOEWHITEMUSIC NASHVILLEPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

ZTE GRAND X MAX 2 - Worst. Phone. Ever. Irremovable TouchPal throws adds on your lock screen, and phone app, and msg app.. ONLY clearing the app data/cache every hour gives one a rest. Mine went black after 60 days (btw you can't remove the battery) They sent me a refurbished replacement instead of a new phone, and it died after 30 days. The second trip through the warranty has them sending via FedEx instead of UPS, and after 4 days it just now delivered to the repair shop... I wouldn't spend another cent on ANY of this companies products. oh, and the Bluetooth is just about useless.

Comments

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2017 9:41PM

@JOEWHITEMUSIC said:
    ZTE GRAND X MAX 2 - Worst. Phone. Ever. Irremovable TouchPal throws adds on your lock screen, and phone app, and msg app.. ONLY clearing the app data/cache every hour gives one a rest. Mine went black after 60 days (btw you can't remove the battery) They sent me a refurbished replacement instead of a new phone, and it died after 30 days. The second trip through the warranty has them sending via FedEx instead of UPS, and after 4 days it just now delivered to the repair shop... I wouldn't spend another cent on ANY of this companies products. oh, and the Bluetooth is just about useless.

Hmm, well first of all I'm sorry to hear you have had issues with your device.
    Did you try changing the default keyboard to the Google "Gboard" instead of Touchpal.
    The ads from Touchpal are their own issue, and not coming from ZTE.

4 days is an expected ship time unless you are paying for overnight or 2-day shipping.
    FedEx vs UPS shouldn't make any difference, except I don't think UPS delivers on Saturday while FedEx does.

What issues are you having with Bluetooth?

• yesyes NoPosts: 3 ✭✭

Best phone ever. Worst keyboard ever. Simple fix; uninstall updates, disable auto updates on the playstore, select gboard as default keyboard, then disable tpal. Zero ads for over 6 months.

• yesyes NoPosts: 3 ✭✭

Actually on my 3rd because I keep smashing the screen. Only bad thing is the atrocious battery life. Never had any other issues and I'm an avid gamer. I even keep mine just short of having full memory.