Brand New phone exits out of messenger app all the time! Anyone know how I can fix this?

Ritzy81Ritzy81 MassachusettsPosts: 1

Answers

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi welcome to the community @Ritzy81.
    I have the Blade Zmax.
    Can you please let me know what messenger does?

• carolinacrown2014carolinacrown2014 United StatesPosts: 16 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wings4annie said:
    I have the Blade Zmax.

Lol he told you right in the original post " Brand New phone exits out of messenger app all the time! Anyone know how I can fix this? "

I noticed the issue as well .. it's annoying as heck

@jimlloyd40 said:

@carolinacrown2014 said:

@wings4annie said:
    I have the Blade Zmax.

Lol he told you right in the original post " Brand New phone exits out of messenger app all the time! Anyone know how I can fix this? "

Try wiping the cache partition in recovery and clear the main storage cache in the storage settings and then reboot. If those things don't fix it then a factory reset. Also when you say" messenger "is that the texting app that came preinstalled?

Yeah , I'm a phone **** lol.. so I know all the trouble shooting steps. But appreciate the help.

I tried factory reset and it didn't solve the issue. I believe it's on facebooks side of things

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@carolinacrown2014 said:
    Yeah , I'm a phone **** lol.. so I know all the trouble shooting steps. But appreciate the help.

I tried factory reset and it didn't solve the issue. I believe it's on facebooks side of things

Of all the apps I have used over the years, most of them have no serious issues, but of the ones that do, Facebook by far is the most statistically troublesome app. They constantly change the code on a daily basis and their software engineers seem to make things worse more often than better.
    It's a shame that every time they screw up the app or their servers, the phone manufacturers seem to get the blame by most users.
    Fortunately there are some alternatives to using the resource hog that Facebook is, including opening Facebook inside of a browser like Chrome instead of using the Facebook app.
    Here's a link to an article that can shed even more enlightenment on the topic.
    Hope this helps... https://www.androidauthority.com/best-facebook-app-alternatives-670376/

@DoppelgangerD said:

@carolinacrown2014 said:

Of all the apps I have used over the years, most of them have no serious issues, but of the ones that do, Facebook by far is the most statistically troublesome app. They constantly change the code on a daily basis and their software engineers seem to make things worse more often than better.
    It's a shame that every time they screw up the app or their servers, the phone manufacturers seem to get the blame by most users.
    Fortunately there are some alternatives to using the resource hog that Facebook is, including opening Facebook inside of a browser like Chrome instead of using the Facebook app.
    Here's a link to an article that can shed even more enlightenment on the topic.
    Hope this helps... https://www.androidauthority.com/best-facebook-app-alternatives-670376/

Oh I agree , I hate when people blame the phone manufacturer for said issues when clearly it's not.
    But I've tried the mobile version and the problem with the mobile version it will not allow you to message people without the app. I have chrome on my blade zmax and it still pops up he play store when clicking on the messaging.
    I have also tried Firefox , dolphin and a few others and still does the samething unfortunately. I'm sure there will be a fix for it

@jimlloyd40 said:

@carolinacrown2014 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@carolinacrown2014 said:

@wings4annie said:
    I have the Blade Zmax.

Try wiping the cache partition in recovery and clear the main storage cache in the storage settings and then reboot. If those things don't fix it then a factory reset. Also when you say" messenger "is that the texting app that came preinstalled?

@carolinacrown2014 next time you ask a question why don't you first state the things that you tried so myself and others don't waste time trying to help you.
    Contact Facebook if you think it's on their end.

I asked if there was a fix. Not for troubleshooting tips. Re read said comments and lose the bad attitude .. thank you