Fingerprint issues

VolleyChickVolleyChick New JerseyPosts: 13 ✭✭✭

Hello, I just got this phone last week so I'm still learning things so please bear with me. One of the reasons I bought it was because I was so sick of keying in a 4 digit code so fingerprint sounded wonderful. Right now I have to push the side button to get the screen, then put my fingerprint on, it says press and hold, I do,l then it says I have to manually unlock. So I press and hold again for the numbers to come up. This is worse than before!! Is there a way to just use the fingerprint to unlock the phone?
Also it may seem silly but does the camera have voice options? My old one would take the picture if I said cheese or smile. I take a lot of pictures for my business and used that feature a lot.
Thanks for the help!
Di

Comments

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,611 mod

@VolleyChick It sounds as though you don't have your prints scanned in or scanned in well enough to be read. You will want to go to Settings>Security>Fingerprint and scan in your prints (more than one is always best.) Also make sure the setting is enabled to Wake up and Unlock your phone. Your phone may still ask for a pin after a restart for added security, but should only require your fingerprint after that. I am not sure about the camera features on that device, but will try to find out.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,768 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would suggest enrolling more than one finger to. Sometimes if you fingers are greasy or the finger isn't placed on then reader the same way it was when it was registered, it won't work. Having more than one finger is useful in certain situations where you may need to use your other hand or another finger to unlock.

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Your phone can indeed unlock with just your fingerprint. You do not need to press the power button first or press and hold the screen and then enter your PIN. All you have to do is touch your finger to the scanner and it will unlock and turn on the screen.

What @ironbaybeedoll says is probably your issue. You need to go into the settings, security, and add your fingerprints.Then make sure you've chosen the option to unlock with the fingerprint scanner. Like she also said you will have to enter the PIN at startup and usually after a couple of days as a security precaution and that cannot be changed.

Unfortunately, there is no way that I know of to use your voice to take photos with the Max XL. There might be some other camera app besides the default camera app that will, but I'm not sure.

• VolleyChickVolleyChick New JerseyPosts: 13 ✭✭✭

Thanks so much for the responses - I didn't realize I had any! I did get it corrected to just use fingerprint - bummed on no voice for camera though! Now I have some new issues - should I post here or start a new thread?

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,952 admin

@VolleyChick Go ahead and start new threads for any additional issues that you may have.