ZTE blade z982 overheating.

lhee24lhee24 U.S.APosts: 1
edited December 7, 2017 12:39AM in Blade Z MAX

Why it always overheating when I'm charging my phone? I don't have any case or cover for it and still overheating. I've had my phone for only 3 months. Hope ZTE COMPANY will hear are calling to resolve this issue.

Comments

• My sister and I bought the MetroPCS Zmax Blade 2 months ago. They have always ran hot, about 127 degrees Fahrenheit. No matter the cooling program, they are never cool. They burn our faces and fingers. What can we do?

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,666 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@csevera555 can you look at the battery to see what apps are up running the most?

Go to Settings > Battery > and take a screenshot and please post it back here to the forum

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,655 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi, @csevera555 , just want to chime in a little here. I wonder what app do you use to get the temp?

When I boot the phone or charging or doing a bit intensive app, I do see the phone gets a bit warm and when I check with AIDA64, I do see temp can spike to about 55C (which is roughly 131F). So if the temp you are reporting is is when the phone under heavy use, it maybe normal. Under idle, my unit is about 35C (~95F).

• gameslayer4gameslayer4 Glendale AZPosts: 1 ✭✭

My phone gets hot as well. Did 9870#. Check battery info . Condition Good. Don't understand why it's Soo hot

• frankendroidfrankendroid OhioPosts: 12 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2017 9:18PM

Just a heads up, the device getting hot and actually overheating are two different things. If it overheated it would power itself off and go into limp mode. All devices heat up when under heavy load and charging, the way you feel the heat is based on the dimensions of the device and the insulated materials. Phones get hot, you can just feel it more on some.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,126 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

For those that are experiencing the device getting hot while charging, are you using the stock chargers that came with the device to charge, or a 3rd party charger or cable?

For those that are experiencing the device getting hot while charging, are you using the stock chargers that came with the device to charge, or a 3rd party charger or cable?

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

As has been stated before, is it overheating or just getting warm? There is a difference because overheating will either show an error message or shut the phone down. Also, as has been asked, are you using the stock charger and cable? Another question I would have is, are you using the phone while it's charging?

I only charge mine overnight and when I pick it up after it's fully charged the next morning it's never been even slightly warm. It's entirely possible it's getting warm while charging and generally this is not an issue. Most phones get warm while charging or under load, you can just feel it more on some phones as was pointed out.

• MarshmallowCakesMarshmallowCakes Posts: 29 ✭✭✭✭✭

First off, try rebooting the phone and clearing all apps. This phone doesn't have the best RAM management. I use stock charger, and don't get overheating. I would have ZTE look at it, as it could be a defective battery or other component. I wouldn't factory reset it. See what apps are using most of your battery

• lostcowboylostcowboy USAPosts: 12 ✭✭✭✭

It is strange that no one that has complained has been back to give more data.there are aps out there that will give you the battery temp. The one I use and like is "My Device". I should also point out that the standard charger that comes with the phone is a rapid charger so the phone should get warmer than you may be used to.

• CodeGreen01CodeGreen01 MichiganPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

It is ram and CPU I use a app called fast reboot for my blade zmax also always unplug your charger after it's done charging. And don't let your battery go below 20% that's bad I would charge it in a cool place at room temp when the battery gets to 30% that activates the lithium ions in battery very good. Also this helps with heating issues it can also feel hot because ur hand holds heat as well as the phone does have a huge battery no worries tho this doesn't hurt your phone. In fact my performance increased using a auto ram and cache cleaner in telling you this works HTH : )

• AnnemareAnnemare FlPosts: 4 ✭✭

Phone needs to be recalled!! Mine gets so hot I can't handle it... and several other issues

I wrote to zte and BBB

I feel they stole my money

Like I threw over 100.00 into the garbage... that's what this is... garbage....

Under manufacturer warranty...they will. Just replace with same model...I can't believe it

Will never own another zte product after this phone

@Annemare said:
    Phone needs to be recalled!! Mine gets so hot I can't handle it... and several other issues

I wrote to zte and BBB

I feel they stole my money

Like I threw over 100.00 into the garbage... that's what this is... garbage....

Under manufacturer warranty...they will. Just replace with same model...I can't believe it

Will never own another zte product after this phone

Have you looked to see what apps are keep your phone running? Try to install GSAM Battery Monitor to see which which app is causing the issue (make sure that you enable all permissions).

My Blade Z Max gets warm but only when I am playing a game for long periods of time.

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,436 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

If the phone is under a heavy load, it will get warm but not enough to burn you. For pretty much all smartphones, the the the SOC will throttle long before it reaches a temperature that can burn you.

As for case temperatures, you will need to measure it with a temperature sensor, such as a K type thermal probe along with some cheap silicone thermal paste. For a device like the blade Z max, an IR temperature sensor will not work on the front since it is covered in glass,thus it will only work on the back.

For temperatures such as the SOC, that the device can report, that is usually done with a sensor located inside of the SOC package, thus it will read hotter than the outside of the device, especially for devices which do not have an aluminum heat spreader connecting to the SOC via a heatpipe.

Applications like AIDA64 can read from multiple sensors around the device, but also understand that if it looks for a value from a sensor that the device does not have, it will report a random temperature that is completely unrealistic.

PS, running "cooling programs" is not a good idea since the vast majority of them are effectively adware. If the device is heating up due to an app that is running, then closing that app will do fine. For that, it is best to use a task manager such as 3C toolbox or any other that can list running processes, as well as the CPU time of each process, then end the task of just the resource hog.

• DevItRonnieDevItRonnie United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2018 8:10PM

@lhee24 said:
    Why it always overheating when I'm charging my phone? I don't have any case or cover for it and still overheating. I've had my phone for only 3 months. Hope ZTE COMPANY will hear are calling to resolve this issue.

What's that? Oh just looking at the old exploding S7 model hardware and driver specs for their batteries and related hardware stuffs.

Why? Oh, no reason, no reason at all.

*For clarity. Because the tech is the same (not literally, just fundamentally). ZTE pulled the same thing Xbox did to PS when PS was funneling cash into the motion capture tech industry. Xbox let PS pay the tech firms to research and to design a product, and then simply bought the finished work. Only.. they got away because nothing began exploding... And ZTE got away because they didn't have the tech in a device yet, they had only just got it.

ZTE's workaround? Well, ever ask yourself why the heck you're only permitted fast charging when the phone is powered off?

Or, I'm completely lying.

@DevItRonnie said:

@lhee24 said:

What's that? Oh just looking at the old exploding S7 model hardware and driver specs for their batteries and related hardware stuffs.

*For clarity. Because the tech is the same (not literally, just fundamentally). ZTE pulled the same thing Xbox did to PS when PS was funneling cash into the motion capture tech industry. Xbox let PS pay the tech firms to research and to design a product, and then simply bought the finished work. Only.. they got away because nothing began exploding... And ZTE got away because they didn't have the tech in a device yet, they had only just got it.

ZTE's workaround? Well, ever ask yourself why the heck you're only permitted fast charging when the phone is powered off?

If your device is overheating have you tried to see if it is overheating when it is powered off? If it does not overheat there then you more than likely have a rogue app that is causing it to overheat.

Why is it nobody ever responds back to basic questions about troubleshooting?

@hollap good question!!

• TrezzureTrezzure United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

Same problem with both of my Blades 1and 2 took a chance and regretted it...I'm still waiting hear from ZTE...I'm requesting a class act lawsuit from some folks I know for the simple fact my grandbabies use my phone they were the ones who suffered this experience first.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,113 mod

@Trezzure said:
    Same problem with both of my Blades 1and 2 took a chance and regretted it...I'm still waiting hear from ZTE...I'm requesting a class act lawsuit from some folks I know for the simple fact my grandbabies use my phone they were the ones who suffered this experience first.

Could you further clarify ? Youve never posted before so no one knows what your referring to

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,113 mod

@DevItRonnie said:

@lhee24 said:

Not actually sure what your saying, you do realize that ZTE doesnt make the components of the device right? Also the hardware in devices are all made by the same companies that produce the components for most other phone manufacturers. What you feeling getting warm is the processor which just like almost every phone in America is made by Qualcomm. If its getting warm its because the CPU, its either running at full throttle or because your running GPS or charging. There are many things that can be done to assist with those issues but In order to get help though the community needs info to assist people.

• ChicoChico Lincoln AlabamaPosts: 2 ✭✭

My ZTE Blade Max over heats and now it won't charge over 25%

• clearcamclearcam United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭✭

@lhee24 said:

After owning two of these devices and hoping that it was just a glitch in the first one I have determined that it can be from a low carrier signal or direct sunlight as well. Additionally when you have your hotspot on or Wi-Fi Direct the host phone will get very hot. Also while on the charger these phones can get ridiculously hot to where they stopped charging. However today 04 18 2018 while only using Facebook and chrome with no background applications running I found my phone getting ridiculously hot to the point I had to take it out of my case and rub some heat out of it. As someone who's experienced working with batteries and other contacts like this I feel that this will heat up and swell at explode in a situation that is unfavorable to the internal electronics. I'm hoping that ZTE will recall these before there is an accident as one is prone to happen.
    Best regards,
    Cameron Coppoletta
    [email protected]

• thewumpusthewumpus United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭✭