Contacts

RodneyRodney usaPosts: 5 ✭✭

I'm not seeing my outlook contacts in the phone dialer. Anyone else have this issue?

Answers

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Rodney said:
    I'm not seeing my outlook contacts in the phone dialer. Anyone else have this issue?

Are your Outlook contacts in your contacts app on the phone?

• RodneyRodney usaPosts: 5 ✭✭

Thanks for your reply. No they are not
    On my old nexus phone they were not either however they did show up in the phone app on the nexus

@Rodney said:
    Thanks for your reply. No they are not
    On my old nexus phone they were not either however they did show up in the phone app on the nexus

Maybe someone with more knowledge will come up with a better answer @Rodney but you could simply add the Outlook contacts to the contacts app.

thanks again I would prefer to utilize one set of contacts and avoid adding them to google or syncing them in some fashion. I'm hoping I can duplicate the way it worked on my nexus. Unfortunately I tried to download the google phone app and it tells me it is not compatible with my device (argh)

edited December 5, 2017 12:00PM

@Rodney said:
    thanks again I would prefer to utilize one set of contacts and avoid adding them to google or syncing them in some fashion. I'm hoping I can duplicate the way it worked on my nexus. Unfortunately I tried to download the google phone app and it tells me it is not compatible with my device (argh)

@Rodney I don't use the Outlook app so I can't test it for you but I use the ZenUI dialer and contacts app. You could try that one and see if it shows both your regular contacts and Outlook ones. The ZenUI dialer and contacts app is also nice because it has a black theme.
    You could probably get the Google phone app from APK Mirror and sideload it also.

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi, @Rodney

Are you referring to the desktop app outlook? Or is your contacts saved in the cloud on the outlook.com? it seems to me that you would have to setup syncing contacts on either cases. if it is in the cloud, you should be able to sync them. Check on the contact app, tap on the 3 dots on the upper right corner and manage accounts to add your outlook account.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter Tallahassee FLPosts: 970 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2017 7:55PM

Go into the account settings in the Outlook for Android app for your account that has the contacts in it. Select the option to "sync contacts" They don't have this turned on my default.

I ended up uninstalling outlook then adding the account as an "exchange" account first then reinstalling outlook app, that fixed it. I really don't care to have my contacts syncing to yet another provider so I think I'm good now. Thanks everyone for your help

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Rodney said:
    I ended up uninstalling outlook then adding the account as an "exchange" account first then reinstalling outlook app, that fixed it. I really don't care to have my contacts syncing to yet another provider so I think I'm good now. Thanks everyone for your help

great to hear that you got it fixed. Thanks for letting us know as this may be helpful to other people.