Blade X issue with playing podcasts and music

xander2010xander2010 montanaPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

So here's the situation. My blade X will pause whatever is being played forcing me to go back in and hit the play button. I first noticed it listening to podcasts but I see that it now does it while listening to music on an SD card. I've looked thru the general settings to see if there was something that needed to be set that I overlooked and I'm not seeing anything anywhere. Anyone else had this issue?

Comments

  • sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,037 admin

    if you could, clear the storage cache on the device and see if this helps.

  • larry_hualarry_hua United StatesPosts: 207 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    xander2010 If you could help us verify the following two questions will be much appreciated!

    1. Did you have a Bluetooth device connected while having this issue?

    2. Which player did you use?

  • xander2010xander2010 montanaPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

    No bluetooth device was connected. I used the stock player app

  • xander2010xander2010 montanaPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

    I've cleared cache and it still does it. Sometimes it will go 30mins to an hr playing just fine than it will do it every few seconds.

  • ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod
    edited June 18, 2017 10:03PM

    My daughter has a similar issue with her Blade. She will be listening to music on Pandora and randomly music will stop, and it appears Pandora has just closed. Other times music will just pause. We assumed it was app related.

  • xander2010xander2010 montanaPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

    @ironbaybeedoll said:
    My daughter has a similar issue with her Blade. She will be listening to music on Pandora and randomly music will stop, and it appears Pandora has just closed. Other times music will just pause. We assumed it was app related.

    Glad I'm not the only one.

  • Any luck with fixing the problem? My phone has the same trouble.

  • Mine too! This is do aggravating. It does this on both wifi and network so Im assuming it is phone related. Some of the other ZTEs have this problem and it has to do with background app settings but I can't find where to adjust them. Please help! My husband and I just bought two of these. It sucks to pay so much for a smart phone to find out they have a fatal flaw like this!!

  • xander2010xander2010 montanaPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

    The only other thing I can think of to try is doing a hard reset.

  • xander2010xander2010 montanaPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

    @Jessicabelcher3579 said:
    Mine too! This is do aggravating. It does this on both wifi and network so Im assuming it is phone related. Some of the other ZTEs have this problem and it has to do with background app settings but I can't find where to adjust them. Please help! My husband and I just bought two of these. It sucks to pay so much for a smart phone to find out they have a fatal flaw like this!!

    I may have found a solution.

    Delete as many of the stock apps that came on the system as possible. Disable all the remaining apps you don't use.

  • stevensupparitsstevensupparits Posts: 4
    edited June 29, 2017 9:05AM

    My Blade XMax does this too. Even when just playing music off the SD card, or when watching videos on YouTube, or streaming satellite radio. it does not matter if Bluetooth is on or off. Keeps pausing and I have to repeatedly hit play. I called support and they are sending me a new phone but offer no fix for this. Does anyone know how to get around this? My Grand X4 didn't have this problem and had the same android system.

    I received my new phone and it has the same problem. This is ridiculous. It is NOT bluetooth related, and it happens with multiple apps. I have deleted the stock apps that I don't use. Nothing seems to help it. How about some help from ZTE here?

  • Ok. I removed a lot of bloated apps to no avail, I then followed the instructions to delete the cache from the device. After two days of testing to make sure it wasn't a fluke, the phone is working perfectly now! Deleting the cache solved my playback problems and now media apps are working as they should. Thank you!

  • ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

    @stevensupparits That is awesome to hear! @xander2010 was your solution also a success?

  • jovajova Posts: 1 ✭✭

    I have the issue with video pause YouTube music pause and keyboard cuts off

  • xander2010xander2010 montanaPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

    So the issue is back. Well really it comes and goes. There will be times were it works perfectly for days at a span, than all the sudden it will go back to what it was originally doing. Music pauses continuously doesn't matter if its streaming or coming off an SD card. At this point I'm not really sure what to do with this phone. Its highly aggravating. It's got to be some sort of OS issue.

  • optimusoptimus UsaPosts: 1 ✭✭

    I figured that out and how, i will explain it to you. I bought two of those phones for my wife and I, and my wife is kind of person using phone for just receive and give calls, on the contrary i installed a lot of apps on mine. While looking for solutions, i deleted my apps installed after i bought the phone and was still having the same issue till my wife told me she has the same issue has well since i had her phone the day before, i then realized that the only thing i did was installing and alive wallpaper and picture of kids when phone got locked, i then removed it andnkeeps the default background as phone got bought and issue stopped.

  • xander2010xander2010 montanaPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

    @optimus said:
    I figured that out and how, i will explain it to you. I bought two of those phones for my wife and I, and my wife is kind of person using phone for just receive and give calls, on the contrary i installed a lot of apps on mine. While looking for solutions, i deleted my apps installed after i bought the phone and was still having the same issue till my wife told me she has the same issue has well since i had her phone the day before, i then realized that the only thing i did was installing and alive wallpaper and picture of kids when phone got locked, i then removed it andnkeeps the default background as phone got bought and issue stopped.

    hm...I'll have to give it a try. I've gone into two cricket stores looking for help. The 1st store said it was a battery optimization issue, ok I'll give it a try. They told me I wouldn't be coming back as that would fix it. 20 mins later same damn problem. 2nd store just looked at me and told me it was a bad phone. So damn frustrating.

  • xander2010xander2010 montanaPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

    So I went back to the cricket store and they went thru and did a hard reset and that has finally fixed this particular issue.

  • jrcox2jrcox2 St. LouisPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

    @xander2010 said:
    So here's the situation. My blade X will pause whatever is being played forcing me to go back in and hit the play button. I first noticed it listening to podcasts but I see that it now does it while listening to music on an SD card. I've looked thru the general settings to see if there was something that needed to be set that I overlooked and I'm not seeing anything anywhere. Anyone else had this issue?

    I had the same issues with always having to hit the play button on any multimedia until I uninstalled Z Camera. Now no more problems.

  • jrcox2jrcox2 St. LouisPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

    I had the same issues with any multimedia until I uninstalled Z Camera. Now no more problems.

  • QUEENGQUEENG FloridaPosts: 1 ✭✭

    I'm a new Blade owner, and i'm having the same pausing issue as well. I tried these two things this morning and i'm able to get thru a full song on pandora without having to restart the app.

    e follow the steps below to do this:
    1. Open the Settings app on your phone (Pull down the notifications shade, and tap the gear in the upper right corner, or find “Settings” in the App Drawer)
    2. Tap Battery
    3. Tap the menu button and choose "Battery optimization"
    4. Tap the drop down menu at the top of the screen and select "All apps"
    5. Scroll down to Podcast Addict, tap it and select "Don't Optimize"

    after doing this I was still experiencing issues, so I cleared the cached Items.

    I'm no longer pausing every minute...hopefully a fix or system update will come out and solve this issue..otherwise i'm enjoying the phone!

Sign In or Register to comment.