Bigger, Bolder, Better Than Ever - The Blade Z MAX

AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community AdministratorUnited StatesPosts: 1,263 admin

Comments

• chuckbortchuckbort United StatesPosts: 497 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• coolbud86coolbud86 United StatesPosts: 64 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice phone and video im going to give it a good test on my trip in DC

• kylemlentz1989kylemlentz1989 New jerseyPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

I like my zte blade z max it awesome and the dual camera it good but over all it a good phone

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

ZTE has been killing it this year with good phones for a lot of the MVNOs

I think for these carrier phones, the carrier has a price in mind, and ZTE is just making the phone to meet those guidelines. Sure ZTE could do 3GB...or even 4GB versions of these phones, but then the carriers wouldn't get the price they want. The carrier has a lot of say in carrier devices because to ZTE, the carrier is the customer in this case. And then people like us, are the customers of the carrier.

@jimlloyd40 said:
    @jasonscarter what would you say the difference in cost is between 3 GB of RAM and 2 GB of RAM? A dollar or so? Almost all all of the complaints we hear about ZTE 's or any OEM only installing 2 GB of RAM is that people have problems with recent apps being closed because those phones with 2 GB of RAM actually only only have 1.8 GB of RAM and the system uses around 1.3 GB of RAM so they only have around 400 - 500 GB of RAM to use. Reading through the various threads the main complaint with the budget phones is performance related because they are always hitting the RAM limit and something has to close for something else to open.

More than a dollar I would say just on the RAM alone, then you have the engineering on design and software to take that into account. I learned to much about how carrier devices are handled on a community meetup, it's just an eye opening experience. Carriers get to have the final say on almost all aspects, not ZTE.

edited December 11, 2017 11:24AM

@jimlloyd40 said:
    @jasonscarter I'm definitely going to be telling people to complain to the carrier instead of directing their anger at ZTE.

Yep, ZTE, or any other OEM can design a phone with whatever specs they want. They have the knowhow and the manufacturing in place to do so. Either way, with carrier devices, the carrier is the OEMs customer. Not the people buying them and using them. If that makes sense.

These MVNOs cater to a certain part of the market that are really budget conscious. Not all of their customers are that way (I use an MVNO) but a lot are. They want cheaper/even free devices when they sign up for service. Since they are pre-paid, they aren't going to spend a lot of money on a phone if they are buying from the carrier. That would be a lot of money up front, and they would be better off going with a more common carrier like ATT or Verizon where they can get installment plans to get a better phone.

Cricket for example, sells the high-end iPhone and Samsung Galaxy phones....but I seriously doubt not many new customers go for these phones when signing up for Cricket service.

If you are on WiFi a lot at home and work, may not be to big of a deal even if you can't turn it off. If you get more data and better speeds for a better price, may be worth it. Can stream at higher resolution once in WiFi.

All these MVNOs have their own little quirks. Just pick one you can live with. No contracts, so you can easily switch which is good.