Several issues

VolleyChickVolleyChick New JerseyPosts: 13 ✭✭✭

So there are a few things happening that I can't seem to fix :/ Text messages from certain people will come in 5 times and the message indicator shows 1 message even if I have read them all. I tried clearing the cache, rebooting, no change.
For Twitter, every time I open it I have to log in - well - actually it may stay logged in for a day, but I have to log in a lot.
I use App Cache Cleaner Pro and it will scan but when I try to clear it says I need to access permission and when I go there it is checked. I've unchecked and rechecked but it still won't work. CCleaner gave the same message but worked once checked.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Di

Comments

• VolleyChickVolleyChick New JerseyPosts: 13 ✭✭✭

Awesome - thanks so much I'll do those things

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Stop using the App Cache Cleaner Pro app. It is likely the source of most, if not all of your issues.
    As mentioned above, you can clear the app cache, and the cache partition as well, all on your own,
    and you really shouldn't need to do it often if the phone is operating normally.

If issues do not clear up after clearing the app cache and uninstalling the potentially rogue app,
    you may want to try resetting the phone back to factory default settings, then setting it up again as a new device.
    After that, if you need technical support help and purchased the phone from Boost Mobile, you should try contacting them directly to see if the device needs service under warranty.

Oh boy! So I uninstalled CCleaner and App Cache Pro, then I installed Textra and made it the default app. When I got the first text alert it seemed fine and cleared the notification number. I kept hearing the notification sound, so I went into setting and changed it to what I normally use for texts. Well...now that sound is going off about every 10 seconds - literally - there is nothing on the screen to be alerted to. I have no idea why this is going off - I checked my alarms - I have no idea why this is going off and I'm losing my mind. If I turn off the sound I still get the vibrate - every 10 seconds. I rebooted my phone and its still going strong - I'm losing my mind - any ideas???

So I turned it off for about 10 minutes, when I turned it back on heard the alert immediately. For the heck of it I turned off bluetooth and stopped for a couple minutes, then right back to every 10 seconds. I killed all the running apps, still going, put into airplane mode - still going. This really has me going crazy...

I uninstalled Textra to see if that was it, so it can't be. No there is nothing in the notifications anywhere. The sound goes off as soon as my phone is fully on. Then it doesn't go off for a few minutes, then its goes to every 10 seconds again. This is crazy.

I checked all the alarms and they are off, I also checked the other things (timer etc.) just in case - none are on. I looked in notifications and honestly I don't know what some of them mean, but I didn't turn anything on - well not intentionally anyway. I even checked the storage to see if maybe it was overloaded but nothing on there. This really has me frustrated, I just turned off my phone...again. I will leave it off and go watch the women's NCAA Volleyball finals - go Florida!! Thanks for your suggestions - I'll check back after the match : )

Found the answer - settings/accessibility/notification reminder turned OFF

Sorry for the delayed response - I don't get notifications that someone posted! So...Nebraska won - I was rooting for Florida - maybe next year! I'll check out both of those texting apps more - because now the message indicator is always on and makes me crazy. I feel like I've checked all messages but I guess not. Also - from some people I get their message as many as SIX times - same message just on repeat!! I need another messaging solution!

Hello! With the standard messaging it wouldn't ever clear, I always had an indicator. I reinstalled Textra and that's gone but now I'm getting the same text up to 14 times. Yesterday two messages kept coming in all day - the one I got 14 times - but yet I wasn't getting my family group texts. I finally got them when I cleared the thread, so I did that to the repeaters - didn't work - still kept coming. I emailed ZTE but haven't heard back yet so any ideas are appreciated - thanks!!

Thanks, if I don't hear back soon I will call...or else I may lose my mind!