Comments

• benkoresbenkores Staten Island, NYPosts: 471 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Another honest review. Awesome.

• freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 299 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2017 2:49PM

@jimlloyd40 said:

@benkores said:

@benkores with that comment and several others regarding the Axon M you seem to be rooting against it. Why the animosity towards the M? It is a brand new phone. You don't think that ZTE deserves any credit for innovation? I know that another company did something similar years back it was a complete bust. I know that you consider the M to be a bust but I commend ZTE for being the first with a viable product that will get better with updates. And you know I'm the furthest thing from a fanboy.

@jimlloyd40 The problem is, they took cues from what Kyocera did. So it can't exactly be called innovation. Kyocera failed with theirs, and ZTE is failing with this. In fact, the Axon M was rated among the worst gadgets of 2017 by gizmodo (https://gizmodo.com/the-worst-gadgets-of-2017-1821393615). It seems like there are a bunch of "yes men" here that are either afraid or blindly loyal to the point where they can't fault the device for being a) overpriced, b) under featured, and c) mediocre to poor quality control. Everyone seems to be justifying this terrible device by saying "ZTE deserves credit for innovation blah blah blah blah" what innovation? The Axon M sucks. Period. The sooner people realize that and start speaking up, the better. Funny how it took honest reviews to bring out issues like different display temperatures, terrible camera performance, and many others, before anyone here did. Read all the posts in the Axon M section. They speak of praise and how they're enjoying theirs blah blah it's awesome, but ultimately fail to offer any criticism--besides the very few--to ZTE on what to improve, what the problems are, and what needs to change. They should have turned down AT&T's proposal (lol) and stuck to supporting their Axon 7 with its aging software, old vulnerable security patches, and weak, weak communication on updates. Or possibly worked on a successor to it. They are making all of the wrong moves and none of the right ones and their most loyal fans are just that, fans, nothing more. They aren't offering anything other than praise and gleam.

P.S. You can see just how bad the fanboyism here is by looking at how people are on a crusade to "like" every nice or defensive thing about the Axon M, but the critiques about it get no likes at all...lol.

edited December 28, 2017 3:09PM

@jimlloyd40 said:

@freeza said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@benkores said:

@benkores with that comment and several others regarding the Axon M you seem to be rooting against it. Why the animosity towards the M? It is a brand new phone. You don't think that ZTE deserves any credit for innovation? I know that another company did something similar years back it was a complete bust. I know that you consider the M to be a bust but I commend ZTE for being the first with a viable product that will get better with updates. And you know I'm the furthest thing from a fanboy.

@jimlloyd40 The problem is, they took cues from what Kyocera did. So it can't exactly be called innovation. Kyocera failed with theirs, and ZTE is failing with this. In fact, the Axon M was rated among the worst gadgets of 2017 by gizmodo (https://gizmodo.com/the-worst-gadgets-of-2017-1821393615). It seems like there are a bunch of "yes men" here that are either afraid or blindly loyal to the point where they can't fault the device for being a) overpriced, b) under featured, and c) mediocre to poor quality control. Everyone seems to be justifying this terrible device by saying "ZTE deserves credit for innovation blah blah blah blah" what innovation? The Axon M sucks. Period. The sooner people realize that and start speaking up, the better. Funny how it took honest reviews to bring out issues like different display temperatures, terrible camera performance, and many others, before anyone here did. Read all the posts in the Axon M section. They speak of praise and how they're enjoying theirs blah blah it's awesome, but ultimately fail to offer any criticism--besides the very few--to ZTE on what to improve, what the problems are, and what needs to change. They should have turned down AT&T's proposal (lol) and stuck to supporting their Axon 7 with its aging software, old vulnerable security patches, and weak, weak communication on updates. Or possibly worked on a successor to it. They are making all of the wrong moves and none of the right ones and their most loyal fans are just that, fans, nothing more. They aren't offering anything other than praise and gleam.

P.S. You can see just how bad the fanboyism here is by looking at how people are on a crusade to "like" every nice or defensive thing about the Axon M, but the critiques about it get no likes at all...lol.

@freeza I'm the farthest thing from a fanboy. I don't have the M or want the M but I still say that ZTE should be congratulated for at least attempting something different. I make no judgment about the M at all. Just the effort. I've been among the most critical of ZTE but I also am fair.
    I don't know why you seem to hate the M. You don't have to buy it.

Yes, I know I don't have to buy it, and I haven't. I don't hate the phone per-say. What I do hate, is how much they're pushing it as some great new innovation when it isn't, how much slack people keep giving them for all of their faults, how much their lack of support is being overlooked in favor of comments like yours "zte should be congratulated for at least attempting something different." For argument's sake, OK cool let's congratulate them. Now, where is the criticism for them keeping us on August patch on the Axon 7 with several vulnerabilities? Where is the criticism for trying so hard to push this overpriced phone while ignoring the Axon 7 and having absolutely no communication with its user base?

@westside80 said:

@freeza said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@freeza said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@benkores said:

@freeza I'm the farthest thing from a fanboy. I don't have the M or want the M but I still say that ZTE should be congratulated for at least attempting something different. I make no judgment about the M at all. Just the effort. I've been among the most critical of ZTE but I also am fair.
    I don't know why you seem to hate the M. You don't have to buy it.

Yes, I know I don't have to buy it, and I haven't. I don't hate the phone per-say. What I do hate, is how much they're pushing it as some great new innovation when it isn't, how much slack people keep giving them for all of their faults, how much their lack of support is being overlooked in favor of comments like yours "zte should be congratulated for at least attempting something different." For argument's sake, OK cool let's congratulate them. Now, where is the criticism for them keeping us on August patch on the Axon 7 with several vulnerabilities? Where is the criticism for trying so hard to push this overpriced phone while ignoring the Axon 7 and having absolutely no communication with its user base?

Here's my two cents and I'm not loyal to any brand. I pick a phone that I like the best, no matter what brand it may be. I usually pick a Google phone but that's only because of the software and security update support and no other OEM's can seem to catch up. The Axon M is overpriced. I wouldn't necessarily call it innovation because it's been done before. Even if I would've bought one I would've returned it because of the displays being different color temperatures. That would drive me nuts. There's no way a phone that costs $700 should have two different colored displays. However, I love the Axon 7 but I don't use it as a daily driver due to horrible cell signal. It's still a great phone and I use it everyday at home on WiFi. There's faults with it too but it wasn't $700. The cell radios in the phone are weak, MiFavor isn't my favorite and the fact that the security patch sits on August when it's fixing to be January means you'll hear no praise from me about ZTE support. They started out good but have been a let down for some time now. The Axon 7 is too good of a phone to just let it die. Not even quarterly security updates? That's unacceptable to me, which is why I usually end up choosing a Google phone. I'm still not gonna get on here and bash the phones over and over because both the M and 7 could be improved more with software updates. I won't bash the phones but I'm not afraid to say what I don't like about them. People should say what they don't like so maybe ZTE can change things and fix things. If no one says what they don't like then ZTE is gonna think everything is fine even if it's not.

100% agree. But sometimes i feel as though being vocal (bashing or not) is the only way to get company's attention.