Can I connect to a phone on the sprint network

suzannesuzanne TexasPosts: 2 ✭✭

The quartz watch is exclusive to tmobile. I love my watch but had to leave tmobile. I have a sprint phone I know it can't be a stand alone watch but can it still connect to the phone via Wi-Fi and blue tooth

Best Answers

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,471 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

The quartz smartwatch works fine without any cellular service. If you have it connected to another smartphone, then it will behave exactly the same without a service plan as it would with one, with the only difference being that the watch no longer having its own independent phone number.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,738 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@suzanne said:
    Do I just connect it the same way as I did when on the tmobile network

Hi, @suzanne

yes, the watch would still work even if you are not on T-Mobile. The only thing it will not work is the cellular connectivity (so you won't be able to make and receive call directly out of the watch). you can just set the watch up as you normally would (ie pairing it to your phone and connect via WiFi and BT). this will let you still receive notification sent to your phone on your watch and you can still use all of the functionality of the watch (minus the phone part of course).

Answers

• suzannesuzanne TexasPosts: 2 ✭✭

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@suzanne said:

Yes, you connect via Bluetooth and WiFi the same way as you did when you were on T-Mobile. I would also suggest disabling cellular in the Connectivity options. Since you won't have it connected to a cellular network anymore it does you no good and you'll see the battery life improve with cellular disabled. Happy to hear you love the watch.

• qqpewpewqqqqpewpewqq Denver, COPosts: 5 ✭✭✭

@samsamha said:

@suzanne said:

Hi, @suzanne

yes, the watch would still work even if you are not on T-Mobile. The only thing it will not work is the cellular connectivity (so you won't be able to make and receive call directly out of the watch). you can just set the watch up as you normally would (ie pairing it to your phone and connect via WiFi and BT). this will let you still receive notification sent to your phone on your watch and you can still use all of the functionality of the watch (minus the phone part of course).

Actually this is not true. You are able to make calls through the watch connected via Bluetooth to a phone. With a sim card and connected via Bluetooth, you should get the option to make a call using either the watch or your phone. I actually usually make calls and text with it via Bluetooth using my cell phone's number. The only time I even enable cellular is if I leave my phone behind.